NEurope
Glen-i

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet

29 minutes ago, Eddage said:

It wouldn't have a super effective STAB move but what about a Water Absorb Vaporeon with Acid Armor / Calm Mind / Fake Tears / Stored Power?

If Greninja ends up being a special attacker then it would be able to take more hits than Clodsire and the difference between Clodsire's attack and Vaporeon's special attack stats would go some way to making up for Stored Power not being STAB. After 7 turns (the same number of setup turns Slowbro needed to one shot Cinderace) Stored Power would be up to 260 and Greninja's special defense would be down 2 stages. Potential one shot territory?

Not a bad idea, that. It's certainly got potential, but one critical hit, and all those defensive boosts won't do you any good. Which would be bad news if it runs Night Slash for some reason.

• Like 1

Just managed to solo it with my Slowbro. I think luck plays a factor as I didn't get crit by Nightslash and only missed one Stored Power after he set up his 3x Double Team. Saying that though he didn't miss with any of his Hydro Pumps either  ::shrug:

He clears your stat changes on the 4th (or maybe 5th) turn so it's not as quick as Cinderace but with the use of Slack Off and a Shell Bell my HP only went into the red once.

Okay, my shiny boi Slowbro has beaten Greninja five times in a row now.

Seems a lot more consistent than against Cinderace which most of the time would require someone with Intimidate on your team. Even with Nightslash crits in one fight and missing Stored Power three times in a row in another I never felt like I was in any serious danger of losing.

To be honest I'm a little disappointed that I can just use the same Pokémon as I did against Cinderace! :laughing: 

Well, I’m getting matched with players who use Primeape, Sylveon, etc. So no luck yet after my first three tries.

It doesn’t help that it has Ice Beam and uses it a LOT, but stillI haven’t fainted yet. Biggest problem again is the players who I’ve been matched with. They constantly faint, do zero damage and I don’t have enough moves to get it down on my own. 

EDIT: nevermind, got it

Edited by markderoos
EDIT

1 hour ago, markderoos said:

Well, I’m getting matched with players who use Primeape, Sylveon, etc. So no luck yet after my first three tries.

It doesn’t help that it has Ice Beam and uses it a LOT, but stillI haven’t fainted yet. Biggest problem again is the players who I’ve been matched with. They constantly faint, do zero damage and I don’t have enough moves to get it down on my own. 

EDIT: nevermind, got it

That's why I always try and get a Pokémon that can just solo it. 90% of the 6+ star raids I've tried online just turn into shit shows since people pick the worst possible Pokémon! 

• Like 1

See, now I just feel like a dope spending literal months trying to get one back on Omega Ruby.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

See, now I just feel like a dope spending literal months trying to get one back on Omega Ruby.

How come it took so long? I thought egg shiny odds haven't changed, Masuda method with Shiny Charm has been 1/512 for ages hasn't it?

20 minutes ago, Eddage said:

How come it took so long? I thought egg shiny odds haven't changed, Masuda method with Shiny Charm has been 1/512 for ages hasn't it?

Oh, they haven't, but a mixture of bad luck, and not having a fast egg option through sandwiches made sure it felt like lower odds.

Hello everyone,

Just randomly popped back onto the forum to cheekily ask if anyone would be able to do a trade with me please? 

I'm looking to upgrade my Scyther and it looks like you can only do it via trading. 

9 minutes ago, LegoMan1031 said:

Hello everyone,

Just randomly popped back onto the forum to cheekily ask if anyone would be able to do a trade with me please? 

I'm looking to upgrade my Scyther and it looks like you can only do it via trading. 

I'll help. The link code is 1536 1536

Edited by Glen-i

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'll help. The link code is 1536 1536

Ooo, thanks! Let me just see if I can work this out now... 😂

Just now, LegoMan1031 said:

Ooo, thanks! Let me just see if I can work this out now... 😂

Go to Poké Portal, press L to connect to internet, then choose Link Trade, enter the Link Code, and then search.

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Go to Poké Portal, press L to connect to internet, then choose Link Trade, enter the Link Code, and then search.

It's only letting me type in 6 digits. I'm I doing something wrong?

Just now, LegoMan1031 said:

It's only letting me type in 6 digits. I'm I doing something wrong?

You're selecting Union Circle. Select Link Trade on the Poké Portal menu.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Ignore me, I'm being a noob. Wrong screen 😂

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You're selecting Union Circle. Select Link Trade on the Poké Portal menu.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry i took so long. 

Edited by LegoMan1031
  • Like 1

Patch 1.2.0 details:

Ver. 1.2.0 (Scheduled for end of February 2023)

Thank you for playing the Pokémon series.

Below are some details regarding the version 1.2.0 update planned for release in late February 2023 for the Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet games.

With this update, we are planning to add features to Pokémon Boxes and fix bugs that affect game progress, among other updates. We will continue to take your feedback very seriously and take measures to improve your gameplay experience.

Feature Adjustments
Additional functionality will be added for Pokémon Boxes:
• From a Pokémon's summary, players will be able to change Pokémon's nicknames, markings, held items, and mark- or Ribbon-related titles, as well as being able to reorder moves, have Pokémon remember moves, have Pokémon forget moves, and use TMs.
- Players will be able to swap out held items by pressing the Y Button when in the Held Items view.
- Players will be able to select All Boxes while moving Pokémon or items in the Party and Boxes view and Held Items view.
- When in the Battle Team view, Pokémon in your Boxes that are assigned to a Battle Team will now have their icons displayed in a darker hue if those Pokémon are members of the Battle Team that is currently being displayed.
- The News screen will be displayed when you connect to the internet from the main menu, just as it is when connecting to the internet from the Poké Portal.

Bug Fixes

Tera Raid Battles

• A bug that can prevent an opposing Tera Pokémon's HP gauge from properly reflecting damage done by certain moves (such as Play Rough) or certain status conditions may occur in Tera Raid Battles, resulting in the Tera Pokémon's HP gauge fluctuating in an unusual manner. This will be fixed.

• A bug that causes all Pokémon on your side to faint at once despite their HP gauges indicating that they still have HP may occur in black crystal Tera Raid Battles against Pokémon with the Mightiest Mark. This will be fixed.
• A bug that can temporarily prevent a player from entering any input into the game may occur if a Tera Pokémon takes certain actions while the player is choosing the target of their move. This will be fixed.
• A bug that causes a communication error may occur when someone connecting to a Tera Raid Battle sees a different Pokémon displayed on their screen than what the host sees. This will be fixed.
• A bug may occur that causes players joining a Tera Raid Battle from the Tera Raid Battles search screen to be brought to a Tera Raid Battle against a Pokémon different from the one they saw displayed. This will be fixed.
• A bug that causes Tera Raid Battle crystals to not appear for a set amount of time may occur under certain circumstances. This will be fixed.
Battles

• Type matchups against Pokémon that have fainted will no longer appear when selecting a move or target during Double Battles.
• A Zoroark that has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability can be identified as a Zoroark by using the Check Target option. This is a bug and will be fixed.
• When a Zoroark has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability, the type matchups of moves are displayed based on the type of the Pokémon that Zoroark is disguised as, rather than Zoroark's Tera Type. This is a bug and will be fixed.
• The stats of a Dondozo with a Tatsugiri in its mouth will increase when Dondozo uses Order Up, even when the move should have been negated (for example, by an opponent using Protect). This is a bug and will be fixed.
• If a Pokémon Terastallizes after using Destiny Bond and then faints, the effects of Destiny Bond will fail to activate. This is a bug and will be fixed.

Other

• We will address an issue that can cause the game to forcibly close at certain locations. As a result of this fix, there may be a reduction of Pokémon and people displayed in certain towns or in the wild.

• When a Pokémon that is not a part of the Paldea Pokédex is obtained through a Link Trade, it is displayed as being registered to the Paldea Pokédex. This is a bug and will be fixed.
• Certain actions can cause the main character's expressions to not change until the game is closed and reopened. This will be fixed.
• A bug occurred for some players after Ranked Battles Season 1, wherein visiting the Ranked Battles screen immediately after the season's results had been calculated caused a communication error right after these players received their rewards. Following this error, players were unable to participate in any further Ranked Battles. This will be fixed.
• If a player has created several Battle Teams but does not use the Battle Team in the first slot for their Ranked Battles, they may not receive the Master Rank Ribbon after winning Ranked Battles in the Master Ball Tier. This will be fixed.
• When a Pokémon you caught comes back to you from another player through Link Trade, it may not listen to your commands in accordance with what is written in the profile app ("Pokémon caught at Lv. XX or below will listen to your commands"). This will be fixed.
• A bug is preventing the Pokédex from displaying additional entries (such as entries for Shiny Pokémon or Pokémon that were received through Surprise Trade from players that play in a different language) for Pokémon species that were already registered in the Pokédex. This will be fixed.
• Objects such as Poké Balls may be displayed in certain locations of the field unintentionally. This will be fixed.
• Passersby will no longer be displayed during certain battles that take place in towns during the main story.
• Other select bug fixes will be implemented.

Notes:

• We are planning further features and bug fixes not listed in these patch notes. Please check back here for full details when the update data is distributed.
• Update contents and details are subject to change.

Seemingly no performance patches is a bit of a shocker to me, seeing as someone who hasn't played the game, all I've heard about it it's performance issues ::shrug:

It does sound like they're fixing some of the bugs that were all over Twitter. 

"Passersby will no longer be displayed during certain battles that take place in towns during the main story." is presumably about NPCs wandering in (and through) during battles 

"Objects such as Poké Balls may be displayed in certain locations of the field unintentionally. This will be fixed." sounds like glitches

And of course "other select bug fixes".

I don't think they'll ever say "we're working on all those amateur issues". 

• From a Pokémon's summary, players will be able to change Pokémon's nicknames, markings, held items, and mark- or Ribbon-related titles, as well as being able to reorder moves, have Pokémon remember moves, have Pokémon forget moves, and use TMs.

Thank God! It drove me mad that the things you could do from a Pokémon's summary screen changed when they were in your party or in a box!

So can you catch both new paradox Pokémon if you could another person's raid for the other version exclusive. Information was a bit all over the place yesterday?

Edit: Answer is yes, you can.

NEWS!!!

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/creatures-inc-ceo-steps-down-amidst-high-level-shakeup-at-pokemon-studio/

As noticed by Serebii owner Joe Merrick, Tsunekazu Ishihara and Hirokazu Tanaka have both left their roles as CEO/President and Executive Vice President respectively.

Yuji Kitano succeeds Ishihara in his role as CEO/President and Tomotaka Komura will take the role of Executive Vice President.

Tsunekazu Ishihara is probably best known to Pokemon fans as the main host of the Pokemon Presents live streams.

As of now, Tsunekazu Ishihara remains as CEO/President of TPC, but he's gone from Creatures; as is Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka.

That's pretty huge, considering that Ishihara and Tanaka were two of Creatures' original founders (Yes, they both worked on Earthbound at Ape.inc as well).  I wonder if their depature has anything to do with the state of S/V... Or maybe they're both just winding down and preparing for retirement (they're both 65 now after all).

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1