NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Chris Dring? Jeff Grubb? Matt Booty?

These aren't all real people right? They're made up faceless PR entities surely? Can't even give them normal convincing names.
Jeff Grubb makes me think of the caterpillar from A Bug's Life.
  • Haha 1

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft/microsofts-quest-for-short-term-dollardollardollar-is-doing-long-term-damage-to-windows-surface-xbox-and-beyond

The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. While it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's plans to increase every department's margins.

Sounds like we’re coming close to the end of the line for Xbox.

What a shame, such a waste of potential.

If they want to make the biggest splash possible as a 3rd party publisher though, they should probably wait until the release of Switch 2; come swinging right out of the gate with the likes of the complete Halo, Gears and Forza series during the launch window and immediately establish themselves as the biggest 3rd party on Nintendo’s next console.  No doubt they’d get the sweetheart royalty deal to end all sweetheart royalty deals if they do this.

Sign in to follow this