Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil 4, Remake and 0 heading to Switch.

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
16 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:
Eurogamer are doing good work and have reached out to Capcom to ask why the hell Switch owners are getting charged £30 each for a digital game when they launched at around £20 on disc for the PS4 and One. It will be interesting to see what their response, that is if they even respond.

Dat Switch tax. Not at all unexpected!

Must be because of the cost of the carts... Oh, wait...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

21 quid each on the Russian e-shop.

Even if you were to jump through the hoops of switching regions it's still more expensive than the other versions that have been released. The fact that Capcom have yet to reply to Eurogamer says it all really. They are screwing over a set of gamers and they know it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many signatures we could get on a petition. We all say we ain't buying until they drop the price. Eurogamer would push it out for us I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Even if you were to jump through the hoops of switching regions it's still more expensive than the other versions that have been released. The fact that Capcom have yet to reply to Eurogamer says it all really. They are screwing over a set of gamers and they know it.

Yeah, this aint even an issue of manufacturing costs.

 

They're simply doing it because 1, They think they can get away with it and 2, They fucking hate the Switch and everyone who owns one.

 

Remember that Capcom's support of the Switch is done entierly begrudgingly.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Remember that Capcom's support of the Switch is done entierly begrudgingly.

Why is it again that they hate the system? With the 3DS they had quite a good relationship.

But yeah you know, Switch is a hybrid system. So instead of having to buy the game twice for 2x£20 for both your home system and your mobile system, you only need to buy it once for £30 saving you £10! Isn't that nice of Capcom? 

Edited by Vileplume2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Even if you were to jump through the hoops of switching regions it's still more expensive than the other versions that have been released. The fact that Capcom have yet to reply to Eurogamer says it all really. They are screwing over a set of gamers and they know it.

Oh yeah, it's still a rip off. But for those interested, it's ludicrously easy to switch regions to the Russian eShop - I've done it a fair bit. Just switch region via web browser and buy the game on your Switch with a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees. Then switch back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Oh yeah, it's still a rip off. But for those interested, it's ludicrously easy to switch regions to the Russian eShop - I've done it a fair bit. Just switch region via web browser and buy the game on your Switch with a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees. Then switch back.

It's easy enough but it's something that i'm against doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's easy enough but it's something that i'm against doing.

Very much agree with this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it means you get games at prices closer to what they are on PS4/X1 then it's absolutely the right thing to do. Don't give these greedy bastards this much money if you can avoid it. :grin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sheikah said:

If it means you get games at prices closer to what they are on PS4/X1 then it's absolutely the right thing to do. Don't give these greedy bastards this much money if you can avoid it. :grin:

They wouldn't be getting my money anyway as I already have the games on my PS4 and I'd only be interested in owning them on the Switch if they released them on a cart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's easy enough but it's something that i'm against doing.

I agree entirely, people shouldn’t have to do this, I’m just lucky in this case as it’s my default store. I won’t be buying either way, even though I’d love to go through 4 again and play Zero for the first time. Capcom can do one. I only buy their games on discount, even if I bloody love them. Still waiting for Mega Man 11 to hit 50% off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to pop in and say that if Resident Evil 4 comes out with pointer controls, I would highly recommend that people still play this game with the Pro Controller.

Why? Because the Wii version, which had pointer controls, made Leon hilariously overpowered compared to the enemies in the game. Encounters go from being tense and strategic to having a guaranteed on every enemy in the game. Simply put, Leon's aiming speed goes up by about 50x whereas the enemies remain slow. I recall being able to complete Professional mode with just the basic handgun very easily as it's all you need, whereas on a regular playthrough, you basicaly have to get really good at mastering the combat and upgrading your weapons throughout.

That's not to say the motion controls don't work (they feel great!), but it's basically a super easy mode. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I just want to pop in and say that if Resident Evil 4 comes out with pointer controls, I would highly recommend that people still play this game with the Pro Controller.

Why? Because the Wii version, which had pointer controls, made Leon hilariously overpowered compared to the enemies in the game. Encounters go from being tense and strategic to having a guaranteed on every enemy in the game. Simply put, Leon's aiming speed goes up by about 50x whereas the enemies remain slow. I recall being able to complete Professional mode with just the basic handgun very easily as it's all you need, whereas on a regular playthrough, you basicaly have to get really good at mastering the combat and upgrading your weapons throughout.

That's not to say the motion controls don't work (they feel great!), but it's basically a super easy mode. 

Yes, you're absolutely right. But it's the only way I could actually enjoy this game (and most games that involve shooting things).

I hate aiming a gun with a stick. Because it always feels completely unnatural to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Why is it again that they hate the system? With the 3DS they had quite a good relationship.

But yeah you know, Switch is a hybrid system. So instead of having to buy the game twice for 2x£20 for both your home system and your mobile system, you only need to buy it once for £30 saving you £10! Isn't that nice of Capcom? 

It’s probably partially down to the fact that Nintendo no longer publish and fund all of Capcom’s western releases on their platforms.

 

That stung Capcom hard...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked the Japanese eShop and they are roughly £22 - 23 on there. Only RE0 and RE1 support English though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump because these are out this week and there is bad news from people have had early access to them - Resident Evil 4 does NOT have gyro controls. Really disappointed considering how fun the pointer controls in the Wii version made the game, I wasn't going to pick it up right away anyway because of the ridiculous price but this makes me hesitant to ever pick it up. Hopefully they patch it in at some point like Bethesda did with DOOM, have Capcom pushed out any post-release updates to any of their Switch ports?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, killthenet said:

Bump because these are out this week and there is bad news from people have had early access to them - Resident Evil 4 does NOT have gyro controls. Really disappointed considering how fun the pointer controls in the Wii version made the game, I wasn't going to pick it up right away anyway because of the ridiculous price but this makes me hesitant to ever pick it up. Hopefully they patch it in at some point like Bethesda did with DOOM, have Capcom pushed out any post-release updates to any of their Switch ports?

I was gonna wait for the inevitable Halloween sale. But no gyro means no buy. Stick only aiming is far too frustrating for me to find fun.

This was a perfect opportunity to make a definitive version of RE4 and Capcom squandered it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't give a shite about gyro controls have you seen the price?! 

You can get Resi 4 for about £3.99 on the PS Store every couple of months in the sale! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this because all 3 are on sale on the eShop now and RE5 & 6 are due to launch on October 29th. On the same day Capcom will be releasing the Resident Evil Triple Pack, a physical release for $59.99 that comes with RE4 on a cartridge and download codes for 5 & 6. Seems to be the only physical release that RE4 is going to get on the Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sale or no sale, have you seen the icon? Makes me revolted to my very core. I have to lie down every time I see it, even if I view it through a thick film of tears streaming from my eyes.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2019 at 12:10 PM, bob said:

Sale or no sale, have you seen the icon? Makes me revolted to my very core. I have to lie down every time I see it, even if I view it through a thick film of tears streaming from my eyes.

There you go, now you get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was worried RE4 wouldn't be as enjoyable without the gyro controls, I'd only ever played the Wii version so wasn't sure how it would play with standard controls but I've already blitzed through the campaign so those worries have been laid to rest. It's such an enjoyable game, it's pretty dangerous having it so accessible on a handheld. I must have played through the Wii version a dozen times, can't imagine how many rounds of NG+ I'll get through on Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally bought remake as likely the first of a bunch of end-of-year purchases, and will be playing it for the first time as soon as the download finishes (Nintendo servers slow boo). Wish me luck.

Edit:

Died to first zombie. :laughing:

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only played for a short while, as Monday evening is radio time for me (and I doubt playing RE with Disco and Deephouse music on is the experience I'm craving).

First of all: I can finally confirm the controls and camera angles are archaic and shit. I mean, I would have expected it, but actually experiencing it is another matter. But I wanted to finally see where it all started, so i'll try to work with it.It is what it is. Though I won't be touching any of the other pre-RE4 games in their (mostly) original versions. the remakes however..

Anyway, yeah first zombie. I died, because I tried knifing it.. And this didn't seem to work. Feel like I've hit it at least 15 times.

Second death..i opened the front door, and Leon (I chose Leon first) just let the zombie dog through like an idiot. I was unable to aim at the dog so I died. Luckily I saved right before (I was thinking "should I save this ribbon?" but I didn't).

Haven't explored much yet. Another archaic thing that annoyed me is the lack of tutorial pop-ups. There are a few, but none really helpful yet. I've looked at a guide for general combat tips, and while I noticed the lighter in the inventory screen, I didn't think any of it yet. Seems I should burn bodies, but I left that first zombie after I got my revenge on it. I'll go check it out when I return. I also learned I should ignore zombies if I can. I wasted ammo shooting at shiny stuff like I'm used in RE4 and 5. Didn't work. Opened up a crypt in the cemetary, but wasn't sure what to do there, Not sure where to go next. That's when I used my last of 3 ribbons. Feels like I've wasted them and ammo, but I'm not using the knife again. Does the knife have any use? Would appreciate some other general (combat) tips!

 

Edited by Sméagol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this