NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

World of Light is only good in short bursts. It gets far too samey, but thankfully there are so many other modes to play.

Has anyone tried messing around with the screenshot feature in this?

There's a lot more options compared to previous Smashes. It's quite in depth! Here's one I took earlier.

DuUDvLOUUAAafJl.jpg:large

• Like 2

Tried 9.9 but only ever got to 9.8.. Guess it doesn't work if you use a ticket on the final boss. Ridley was really causing trouble with me, he counters everything I've got.

Took a break and succeeded after a few more tries. Had to spend a ticket though, as got caught by the boss a few hits before he was done for. 

Update is now live.

Version 1.2.0
You can confirm your current version by checking the upper-right corner of the title screen.

• Offline Gameplay
    • Adjusted difficulty of approaching challengers.
  • Online Gameplay
    • When matchmaking in Quickplay, the Format setting of your Preferred Rules will be prioritized more. This may cause matchmaking to take more time. Also, there is no guarantee that matchmaking will be done exactly as shown in the set Preferred Rules.
    • Increased the stability of the synchronous connection within Battle Arenas.
  • NOTE: Online features require a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
  • Misc.
    • Game balance adjustments.
    • Various gameplay fixes.
    • The fighters that had specific adjustments and changes are the below:
  • Link, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle

• Thanks 3

I wonder how they adjusted Kirby, will check that out later as he’s the only fighter I’ve used him in this game yet.

17 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I wonder how they adjusted Kirby, will check that out later as he’s the only fighter I’ve used him in this game yet.

But...... There are 73 other fighters to play with :blank:

giphy.gif

So they nerf the weaker fighters instead of downgrading the strong ones - King K. Rool is still viable for Classic 9.9 it seems. However, glad I did this yesterday so that I don't have to worry about something like that.

Can’t believe they haven’t nerfed King K. Rool, he is god-tier!

4 hours ago, markderoos said:

Haha I'm loving this. There are two types of Smash players: people who use the same character every time or people who switch after every match. I'm the latter, even in WoL I mix it up a lot.

Love the game so far, although it's not a game I can play for a long time in one go (except in multiplayer). Most of my time is in World of Light and Classic Mode. World of Light does get a bit repetitive, but it's fun to mess around with the spirits. Especially starting with a drill in hand has led to some matches ending rather quickly. Classic mode is great as well, with the personalized journey for every character.

I've unlocked around 20 characters I think, so still a long way to go. I never touched Smash 4 DLC, so those characters are new to me too. I really like those new additions. Ryu is good, Inkling is nice, and K. Rool is a beast! But the most love goes to Simon, he has a great set of ranged attacks, packs a decent punch and I just love his strut.

But I think the game will shine in the long run. With DLC to come it gives it plenty of lifespan, and I hope they create some Splatfest/Party Crash events to draw players in on certain days. What I'm missing most from online is the option to quicly see if friends have a room open, or to send out a notification among friends that a room is open. I've seen 6 people at once playing Smash in my friends list, but no way to see if they are playing online with a room open.

Haha I'm loving this. There are two types of Smash players: people who use the same character every time or people who switch after every match. I'm the latter, even in WoL I mix it up a lot. Love the game so far, although it's not a game I can play for a long time in one go (except in multiplayer). Most of my time is in World of Light and Classic Mode. World of Light does get a bit repetitive, but it's fun to mess around with the spirits. Especially starting with a drill in hand has led to some matches ending rather quickly. Classic mode is great as well, with the personalized journey for every character.

I've unlocked around 20 characters I think, so still a long way to go. I never touched Smash 4 DLC, so those characters are new to me too. I really like those new additions. Ryu is good, Inkling is nice, and K. Rool is a beast! But the most love goes to Simon, he has a great set of ranged attacks, packs a decent punch and I just love his strut.

But I think the game will shine in the long run. With DLC to come it gives it plenty of lifespan, and I hope they create some Splatfest/Party Crash events to draw players in on certain days. What I'm missing most from online is the option to quicly see if friends have a room open, or to send out a notification among friends that a room is open. I've seen 6 people at once playing Smash in my friends list, but no way to see if they are playing online with a room open.

I am definitely the letter as well. I never 'mained' any character in 64 or Melee, and always felt I was missing out if I didn't give equal play time to everyone. When Brawl and U came out, I think the sheer amount of characters overwhelmed me a bit, because it became impossible to dedicate enough time to all of them.  

I might have to change my strategy with Ultimate...

Oh don’t worry, I won’t keep playing Kirby after I’ve finished WoL. I also prefer mixing it up. It’s just that it feels natural in regards to the WoL story to play as Kirby until I finish it ;)

I have a few fighters I prefer and they’re different in every Smash game. After a while I start selecting random when playing multi player matches/online.

• Like 1

I've always had Link as my main, but I love to play everyone else too. Can you select random fighter while playing online? I wouldn't mind doing a few rounds with completely random matches :D 

Usually I play my first match with Samus, but after that anything can happen. Although I have some preferences (played a lot with Robin, Palutena, Kirby and Mega Man in Smash 4) I also fancy trying others. And with this roster there are a lot of fighters which really appeal to me.

But I've never played online a lot, so it may be a good idea to have at least some top characters if I ever want to win a match. I played Brawl and Melee local multiplayer, but that was against friends who didn't own the game so that gave me a little bit of a headstart. :grin:

8 hours ago, markderoos said:

YO! Did somebody ask for some more detailed notes on character changes? Smash Boards are nuts for getting stuff noted down for that.

Not everything has been found yet, but here's some of the stuff that's been confirmed.

Spoiler

Greninja

• Fixed a visual glitch with Greninja's screen KO.

Kirby

• After copying Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit, Key will no longer be discarded when it is recycled.

Link

• Invisible Bomb glitch has been removed.

Olimar

• No gameplay changes reported, suggesting removal of the Pikmin Freeze and Corrin Pin glitches.

Pac-Man

• Key will no longer be discarded when it is recycled.

It looks like it's mostly gonna be mostly glitch fixing in this patch, which would explain why K.Rool remains as ridiculous as ever.

Edited by Glen-i

Can someone tell me what the Dojo's do in World of Light...do they change Spirit's type or add skills? I left a few at some Dojo's and not sure if there a difference :p

54 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Can someone tell me what the Dojo's do in World of Light...do they change Spirit's type or add skills? I left a few at some Dojo's and not sure if there a difference :p

Depending on the dojo, it changes the stats of anyone who equips that spirit.

For example, if you give a spirit a style that boosts move speed, then when you use it, you'll move faster.

Just discovered how OP King K Rool is.....he makes me look like a good player...9.1 on Classic...I never gotten above 7 on any Smash game before :p

HHis down smash just destroys everything....probably would have gotten a 9.9 if I didn't have to use a continue on the boss battle :p

53 minutes ago, Mokong said:

His down smash just destroys everything....probably would have gotten a 9.9 if I didn't have to use a continue on the boss battle :p

Using a classic ticket when continuing lets you do so without lowering the intensity.

Jesus christ, I thought I was at the end of World of Light and it just keeps going. Enormously so. I'm not sure I can be bothered finishing it at this rate, it just dumps what looks like hundreds of extra battles on you out of the blue

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Jesus christ, I thought I was at the end of World of Light and it just keeps going. Enormously so. I'm not sure I can be bothered finishing it at this rate, it just dumps what looks like hundreds of extra battles on you out of the blue

Haha. Yeah, it certainly is a lengthy campaign. 

Where abouts are you and I'll tell you how far you've got left to go.