N-Europe

Celeste

Ronnie

Ah OK, so it does support the D-Pad at least.

I'll likely be using the old faithful Hori GC pad for it then, when I get around to playing it.

Was it mentioned anywhere regarding whether or not this game will be getting a physical release later on?

It just sounds like a title which is worth devoting a boxed copy to. :)

• 1 month later...

I completed Chapter 8 last night and cleaned up the strawberries that I missed earlier, just got started on the B-sides and they definitely seem tough but I managed the first one eventually. 

I was absolutely in love with everything about the game up until Chapter 6 when the story started to feel a bit too on the nose but the gameplay stayed as compelling until the very end and it has one of the best musical scores I've ever heard in a game. Is there any more to do after the B-sides? I'm sure it'll probably take me another week to finish those though but I would love to play it even more 

15 hours ago, killthenet said:

I completed Chapter 8 last night and cleaned up the strawberries that I missed earlier, just got started on the B-sides and they definitely seem tough but I managed the first one eventually. 

I was absolutely in love with everything about the game up until Chapter 6 when the story started to feel a bit too on the nose but the gameplay stayed as compelling until the very end and it has one of the best musical scores I've ever heard in a game. Is there any more to do after the B-sides? I'm sure it'll probably take me another week to finish those though but I would love to play it even more 

Spoiler

Apparently there are C side levels as well. Haven't unlocked them yet.

• Thanks 1

12 hours and 4527 deaths on one B-side. Can anybody top that? This game has really tested my patience at times and figuring out how to pull of some of the manoeuvres in that last one took a long time. I've got 1 more B-side to do but kind of want to take a bit of a break from the game first, I don't think I've ever taken so long to do such a small part of a game before.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Started playing this yesterday on my PS4 (sorry, Nintendo Gaming board :p).

It's incredible. About 80 deaths during the first two chapters. Stopped mid-chapter 3 last night and I think at least 30 more deaths have been added to the count :D 

Most of my time in chapter 3 (20 minutes, if I remember correctly) has been spent on the pico-8 version of Celeste. So much fun.

Apparently there's an assist mode which makes this game and in turn getting the Platinum piss easy but I will never resort to that. I'm not a casual scrub :p 

Chapter 3 and its B-Side complete. Here are my stats so far:

Shw1Cat.jpg

The first two chapters weren't that much of a problem, as is evident by the total deaths of 66. The third chapter was something else entirely. The final few screens were amazing

And then came the B-Side. Holy shit, that fucked me sideways with a broomstick. I was stuck at one screen for about 12 minutes. Once I finished it I screamed with joy. 

This will probably be the hardest Platinum I've ever tried to obtain.

I love it :D 

Edited by drahkon

• 8 months later...