N-Europe

Universities Universities...

Domo Kun

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, i saw my name mentioned. Thought you guys would have forgotten me by now. :D

Be sure to find out as much information as you can about the course you want to take. Also, look over the city/place where it resides, and what the place has to offer for you. I didn't do much of this, but everything turned out spectacular because i'm a flukey s.o.b. :)

i'm thinking about going to sussex to do a Bio degree but i'm kinda holding out till after my manchester interview- i'll probably get an offer in which case i'm stuck between a nice really good city uni and a loverly more relaxed fairly good uni with brighton like 5 mins away!!! hmmmm! hard decision btu only got a month or so to make it!!!

good luck deciding domo kun-i'd pick Sussex just cos i find london too opressive and depressing lol where as brighton has the sea and loads of social stuff and londons only 40 mins away so you'll never get bored!!!

18 in 8 days!!!! bring it on! lol

karl x

It sucks that I probably wont be able to do some courses I like because either I have shitty options at college or my interests have changed so I never did the required gcse into A level courses.

Just noticed you're from Warrington... what school do you go to?

I'm at James Watt College in Greenock. here's one: don't. I mean, the college is not at all bad, but Greenock is a total blasted wasteland, populated only by the shambiling hordes of the undead. So unless you fancing living in some kind of perverse Racoon-city esque urban wilderness, stear clear.

bob: Just how hard is it lugging your shopping back from the nearby Tesco?

This is a crucial factor in my decision-making process.

Depends entirely on which halls you end up living in, and how much you buy. But if you buy a large rucksack, just put it all in that, and you are laughing all the way back. I literally did laugh all the way back last time.....happy times.

Oh and Ashley, ive never heard of her. Sorry.

Woolston. The 6th form runs between woolston and padgate though these days. Padgate highschool is also fearnhead college, which makes no sense.

Oh, I went there! :hehe: How are you finding it?

Come to London! It's where all the cool kids are at.

No, no, no, everybody knows that Durham is where the really cool kids are!

Oh and Ashley, ive never heard of her. Sorry.

Yeah she does English and Media and can't remember what you do, but I know it wasn't that. Shes a lovely girl, part of the fantastic four too ;)

Anyway. Sorry to hear about that Jordan, that sucks. Hopefully the other four will accept you. :cross fingers:

• 1 month later...

Dunno if I mentioned it here but I still haven't made up my mind about whether to go ahead with my Derby offer or switch (through a long complex process) to UCE. UCE is closer to home so I can come back and see my friends more, plus I know and love Brum. But then I'd have to give up some stuff, namely en-suite. I need an en-suite.

Oh and have loan applications started? Problem when you take a gap year, you're out of the loop.

Via the wonders of facebook i have found your Christina Wyer. Its seems she lives in Arthur Vick and hence is posh. It seems i have one mutual friend, a one Tommy Precious. Hmmmm. Do i add her? Or do i not....

I have no idea what facebook is but I say, cause she may wonder why and I don't want to seem like im spreading her name round everywhere. Makes me seem...weird. And she only thinks im odd, weird is a big step.

I had an interview at Hertfordshire last week, and they accepted me on the spot for 3D Games Art, which I was really pleased about.

I've been accepted for all of my choices except one, which was Derby, and I sent that choice off at a later stage.........so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

And Ashley, I'm pretty sure the loan applications are available now. I'll find the link in abit.

Edit - Info on Finance Apps

The link forwards to a topic on http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk which some of you may of heard of. Loads of info on there. The finance form links are in the first and second post of that topic.

No you don't. Honestly, there are so many things to worry about when you start uni, but I never once thought 'ZOMG I HAVE TO SHARE A SHOWER WITH 4 OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!11' :indeed: There is more to life.

Believe me, it was far from my top priority. And I would never say "ZOMG". If it was that much of an issue to me I wouldn't even consider another uni. And Im not worried about sharing a showing, its just the practicality. Im an awkward sleeper and a shower before bed relaxes me.

And cheers Colin, I'll look into it tomorrow.

when i was in halls if was a flat with 5 peopkle and there was never a single time when trhere was a bathroom queue, as we were all on different courses and needing to do different things.

if you think you'll all be fighting for the shower at 7.30am each morning you have the wrong idea about being a student!