Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2017-18

Fierce_LiNk

The way that ended leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

Juve have shown that Real clearly aren’t the force that they’ve been in previous years right now. That could change in the coming weeks, but right now I’d fancy any of the remaining teams’ chances against them.

What draws do you want to see in the semi-finals? I’d love to see Bayern v. Roma and Liverpool v. Real. 

6 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

The way that ended leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

Juve have shown that Real clearly aren’t the force that they’ve been in previous years right now. That could change in the coming weeks, but right now I’d fancy any of the remaining teams’ chances against them.

What draws do you want to see in the semi-finals? I’d love to see Bayern v. Roma and Liverpool v. Real. 

Liverpool have as much chance as anyone on the evidence of what we've seen over the last week..

Can’t help but feel sorry for Buffon. Obviously, you can’t go hunting down the ref like that (and Benatia HAD to make a challenge — not exactly sure what Vázquez was trying to actually do; chest it down?), but this was as good a chance as he’s had for him to get his hands on the trophy with the big ears, and to avenge previous losses against Real in Europe.

If Real go on to win this, they’ll be the first team to retain the European Cup in three successive seasons since Bayern in the mid-70’s, and would thus be the first team to do so since the competition was rebranded to the Champions League.

It really is crazy to think that only five years ago, Real were seeking La Decima. 

I see Kane has been awarded that goal. What a crybaby. I really hope he doesn't get the award now. 
Anyone else see Wolves second goal? Absolutely amazing ball control and outstanding strike. Easily one of the best goals I've seen this season.

Ho-lee shit that was amazing. The control took it almost behind him too, but he just whammied it in anyway.

It appears there has been some backlash towards Kane on social media over the goal he wanted credit for. As well there should be. 

Story

Honestly, I still can't get over how petty the whole thing is. You can bet that this wouldn't have been a thing if he wasn't trying to win the Golden Boot award. I hope City crunch him hard in the game at the weekend. 

Still can't get over this. Sevilla is the most disgustingly dirty team I've ever seen...Robben gets brutally tackled at the end, too. I'm glad we knocked Sevilla out. But I'm even happier that nobody from our team got seriously hurt during that match...

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Still can't get over this. Sevilla is the most disgustingly dirty team I've ever seen...Robben gets brutally tackled at the end, too. I'm glad we knocked Sevilla out. But I'm even happier that nobody from our team got seriously hurt during that match...

I didn't see the match but everyone on Era was saying how disgusting Sevilla were with their challenges. Apparently it was happening all night.

43 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I didn't see the match but everyone on Era was saying how disgusting Sevilla were with their challenges. Apparently it was happening all night.

Yup, and it happened in the first leg, too. There's a reason Sevilla isn't popular outside of their fanbase.

Arsenal vs Atlético and Marseille vs Salzburg in the Europe League semi-finals. 

Bayern vs Real and Liverpool vs Roma in the Champions League semi-finals.

Shaping up to be a great round in both competitions :D 

Edited by Julius Caesar

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It appears there has been some backlash towards Kane on social media over the goal he wanted credit for. As well there should be. 

Story

Honestly, I still can't get over how petty the whole thing is. You can bet that this wouldn't have been a thing if he wasn't trying to win the Golden Boot award. I hope City crunch him hard in the game at the weekend. 

He's getting an easy ride because (like I mentioned before) he's England's golden boy. If Ronaldo or any other foreign player were doing this, the media and fans would hang them out to dry. Can't believe he used the school yard "I swear on me family's life braaah, it came off me fam" line. Is he 8 or something?

He'll eventually leave Spurs for a big money move elsewhere. If he's being this petty about being top scorer and claiming every goal, what's he seriously going to do when the likes of Real Madrid come calling and offer him a serious chance to win the Champions League or La Liga? 

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Urgh, Madrid...looks like these will be our last two CL games this season. :(

Here's hoping Real will play like they did against Juve in the return leg :D

Should be a good tie and a hard one to predict. Bayern seem to be flying under the radar a little in this competition. You don't need to host sensational comebacks to win this competition and they've got the players who could do some damage to Real. 

Of the four teams left, I'd like Roma to win it. 

22 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Should be a good tie and a hard one to predict. Bayern seem to be flying under the radar a little in this competition. You don't need to host sensational comebacks to win this competition and they've got the players who could do some damage to Real.

Problem is: We've already won the league title last week but it has basically been a done deal for several months now so we've kinda been playing below our usual standards. It happened last year, too, and we couldn't reach that standard in time for the big matches...we'll get slaughtered by Real if this trend doesn't stop.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Problem is: We've already won the league title last week but it has basically been a done deal for several months now so we've kinda been playing below our usual standards. It happened last year, too, and we couldn't reach that standard in time for the big matches...we'll get slaughtered by Real if this trend doesn't stop.

Well, you're going to have to get down there and sort them out...because it'll be absolute fucking hell for me if Liverpool go on to win this thing now. :D :cry:

All the gloating about Istanbul 2005...it was unbearable. 

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!