NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

I'm liking the new thanks button.

Also I don't seem to have that weird can't click in the new post area bug anymore.  Fingers crossed that's gone completely.

Edited by V. Amoleo

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I dont seem to have the thanks button

Press the heart in the lower right corner.

Dunno if it's just me but the user name, member and when they last posted is now all squashed together when viewing on mobile.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Dunno if it's just me but the user name, member and when they last posted is now all squashed together when viewing on mobile.

There is no heart for me there.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I'm using the Nintendo Switch Grey theme if that helps anyone.

Yup. Just changed to that now and the button is missing.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

WOOHOO!!!

Now if we could just get back the Shrug smiley...

Yeah.  It's appearing as three rows for me on mobile too (both landscape and portrait)

Yeah, where did that shrug smilie go... ::shrug:

Took out one button (preview) to make it two lines.

1 hour ago, V. Amoleo said:

I'm liking the new thanks button.

Also I don't seem to have that weird can't click in the new post area bug anymore.  Fingers crossed that's gone completely.

Could never figure out the reason as it seemed intermittent.  Hopefully it has, but we'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Just changed to that now and the button is missing.

Hmm seems to just affect the Grey Switch theme for no logical reason... There's no theme-specific settings for it as far as I can see, and a cursory glance at the HTML files seem inline with others.

And in regards to the font, seems its now using the Google Roboto font.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup.  This happens to me too on iOS.

The new update makes threads MUCH more visible, especially being able to tell which has new posts. Huge improvement.

I'm getting the squashed member thing too, but to be fair. I thought it was just because I had a Windows Phone.

Edited by Glen-i

Don't know if it's not rendering properly, but it doesn't look as good post update! On the default theme and it's looks a bit messy, especially on the nav bar at the top.

Yeah it's defaulted some of the settings back so I'll speak to @Shorty tomorrow and try and get things back to what they were.

The font change also doesn't help (in the sense it makes everything look different and causing me to be confused as to what has actually changed and what just appears to have).

We had to do the update because of security issues. Tbh I'm quite surprised how much they changed the theme though, that was a bit unexpected. I will try to improve the theme when I get chance.

• Thanks 2

Had a bit of a tweak of some of the more obvious colour issues for Switch/Grey Switch but its still work in progress.

Also got the reputation working for the latter.

• Thanks 2

When one of you has some time free could you take a look at the colouring for the Nintendo Switch Grey theme. There is barely any difference between the read and unread icons for threads if you have already posted in them

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Just to double check, you mean the star/circle?

Yeah, they are both basically dark grey.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah, they are both basically dark grey.

Well you guys wanted a dark scheme 😋

I did switch after and done a bit of browsing on my phone and can see some of the text colours need tweaking too. I'll try and dedicate some time tomorrow night, if not Thursday morning as I'm off work.

• Thanks 1

This may have been brought up before... but my inbox contains every PM I've ever had, including ones I deleted years ago (there's stuff from the Gentlemen's mafia there). Did this happen to everybody and I only noticed now?

I guess it happened to everyone, IPB just couldnt distinguish between trash and live messages from VB.

On 07/09/2017 at 8:57 PM, Glen-i said:

I'm getting the squashed member thing too

Ouch, that sounds painful.

• Haha 2

have forum names been changed? like the Nintendo board used to be "6".. now it appears to be "8"...
Both forums were in my most visited list in firefox, but they don't work. I've deleted the links now but... it's a bit annoying having to wait for the new links to appear in my most visited list :(

Sorry, must've been a change that came with the software update. Not a lot I can do about it, in general I'm quite annoyed with the things that changed.

Still better than the last software though?

I've found the bug with not being able to reply seems to have cleared up. so that's a good change (if it is due to the update!)

And no worries, I was just wondering what happened. I couldn't see any mention of such a change... and you guys are pretty good at keeping everyone well informed so I was a little confused. Sorry to hear the update has caused issues for you as well - I guess probably more consequential ones than my own.

Sign in to follow this