NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

Yes, the Nintendo Switch Grey theme is pretty decent, I'm using it by default now as it's a lot easier on the eyes. :)

On 2017-6-22 at 9:34 PM, Ashley said:

Ha yeah I kind of realised this is what you meant after I had begun posting but wanted to double check.  I had a quick look and nothing jumped out at me, but we're still getting used to the admin area.  @Shorty and I will look into it.

Cheers!  It's much easier to create themes on here than it was before!  

Also just noticed the tagging works dynamically.  No longer have to copy and paste usernames like @Kaepora_Gaebora!

Just set it up so you, specifically, have to copy and paste my username every time...

...maybe

6 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Just set it up so you, specifically, have to copy and paste my username every time...

...maybe

Then I'll just keep referring to you as Kappy Gappy.

This may have already been discussed but to get to 'First New post' you need to press the symbol to the left of the topic title. Took me ages to find.

• Like 1

Here is a serious one, but low priority at that. 

Is there an easy way to add a thousand separator in post counts etc?

Don't you work with numbers for a living?

(But yeah, probably)

Should it go to the last page you have read when you click on the forum subject? Did it do that on the old one, did I imagine it?

The icon (star or circle) goes to first unread post, subject goes to last page. Which I think is how it used to work (although first unread was a different icon) but it's been a week so my brain can't remember :heh:

• Like 1

On 2017-6-28 at 3:58 PM, Shorty said:

Not sure if serious

I am serious. For me it's a little too close to the base colour. Plus quoting this post (at least in the quick reply thing) I can barely see your text at all because it be so dark.

11 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I am serious. For me it's a little too close to the base colour. Plus quoting this post (at least in the quick reply thing) I can barely see your text at all because it be so dark.

Ok. Both themes are grey so I thought you were referring to the lighter one. Paging @Cube re: any change requests regarding the Switch Dark Theme.

On 2017-6-28 at 9:25 PM, Ashley said:

Don't you work with numbers for a living?

(But yeah, probably)

Hence the need for thousand separators! :)

19 hours ago, James said:

Should it go to the last page you have read when you click on the forum subject? Did it do that on the old one, did I imagine it?

19 hours ago, Ashley said:

The icon (star or circle) goes to first unread post, subject goes to last page. Which I think is how it used to work (although first unread was a different icon) but it's been a week so my brain can't remember :heh:

The previous forums behaviour was the same as this:

• If you click on a thread title from the main forum page (i.e. where you see all the forums, not topics) it will take you to the first new post.
  • If you click on a thread title in a forum it will take you to the first post
  • If you click on the icon to the left of a thread title in a forum it goes to first new post. The only difference here is the icon was previously at the right hand side.

19 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Hence the need for thousand separators! :)

It's a bit hacky to change this, I'd rather not modify more templates than we need to, and the fix would need applying to every theme and future theme. Also I tried it and couldn't figure it out :p Any chance you can just like... never look at the post count? :blush:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shorty said:

It's a bit hacky to change this, I'd rather not modify more templates than we need to, and the fix would need applying to every theme and future theme. Also I tried it and couldn't figure it out :p Any chance you can just like... never look at the post count? :blush:

I'm sure I'll survive. :hug:

• Like 1

@Charlie just wanted to low-key brag about how high his post count was.

Look at this baller with his posts in the high thousands!

23 minutes ago, bob said:

@Charlie just wanted to low-key brag about how high his post count was.

Look at this baller with his posts in the high thousands!

I'll be needing two commas soon.

Bit random, but I really miss the peace smiley, I used to use it all the time!  Any chance we can bring it back?

Also miss the old tongue smiley, but I'll take what I can get...

I have to say that I'm loving the look of the forum now. I really like the recent posts bit on the right hand side and I also love the activity log that can be found in your (or on other user's) profile. The whole forum just feels very sleek and modern. I never used the quick reply function in the past, but I find myself using it as the default way of posting now.

Phew, I go away for a couple of weeks, and one of my regular sites changes its entire aesthetic! It resembles that of this other forum I know (same software, surely), so I know it's practical. But no lie, I'm gonna miss the "Thanks" button :heh:

So far, the only thing I don't really like is how light the background grey is, it creates very little contrast with the white (and the same with the Switch theme). It's better on the Gray theme, but I don't like that one. It is a nitpick, so maybe I'll get used to it eventually.

16 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Phew, I go away for a couple of weeks, and one of my regular sites changes its entire aesthetic! It resembles that of this other forum I know (same software, surely), so I know it's practical. But no lie, I'm gonna miss the "Thanks" button :heh:

Everyone was using Thanks like a Like here anyway, so it makes more sense as "Like" IMO!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this