NEurope
Hogge

Third party AAA games on Switch - A lost cause?

I actually preferred wii u FIFA to be PS3 one that year, didn't like the changes to 13. (Wii u was basically 2012 version).

I'm sure this'll play great, really don't care about journey. What other modes will it be missing compared to PS3 version?

If seasons is just playing as a real team, them I'm guessing 98% of players are either Barcelona or Real Madrid?

I couldn't say exactly how it works but my brief experiences with FIFA 17 suggests to me that you're generally paired with teams of similar ability. I'm always Liverpool and I seem to get teams like Dortmund, Napoli and PSG the majority of the time.

While it is almost certainly going to be a kick in the teeth to pay just as much as other versions for an inferior product, the fact that I ignore most of the game modes anyway means it shouldn't be too much of an issue for me personally, provided the action on the pitch is up to standard!

In fact, things like sorting out contracts and other management type stuff is what has turned me off things like FIFA's Career Mode or Pro Evo's Master League. ISS Pro Evolution 2 on PS1 remains one of my all time favourite football games, partly due to how awesome the Master League is :grin:

In that game, you started out with your regular squad of nobodies and earning points in the league felt like a real challenge with marginal 1-0 victories feeling hard-earned. Each draw or victory would reward you with points that would eventually allow you to sign any player you liked provided you had sufficient funds. You didn't have to worry about being rejected or waiting for transfer windows to open :smile:

The best thing was that every addition to your squad would make all the difference to your chances of success until you eventually feel indestructible. It's great :love:

Sadly, it's more complicated and less satisfying these days!

I see that Dragon Ball Fighters game got announced today and no Switch version.

Dragon Ball games usually get Nintendo releases but not this one.

I see that Dragon Ball Fighters game got announced today and no Switch version.

Dragon Ball games usually get Nintendo releases but not this one.

after seeing the trailer I gotta say I not really sure if I would buy it on switch. looks amazing and the downgrade will make a difference visually for sure.

Edited by khilafah

Has steep been cancelled?

Ubisoft didn't mention the switch version. We have seen nothing.

Has steep been cancelled?

Ubisoft didn't mention the switch version. We have seen nothing.

I was hoping to hear about this and Legends release dates...

If we don't see Steep during the Spotlight tomorrow then I'd agree and say it's gone, which would be strange IMO

Yeah I've been thinking about that recently I don't understand what's happened to it.

Had high hopes. Ah well, will pick it up on PS4 if no Switch.

Yeah I've been thinking about that recently I don't understand what's happened to it.

Had high hopes. Ah well, will pick it up on PS4 if no Switch.

Yeah I have been resisting buying it on PS4 as really want to play it on the go but man this is getting silly now. If not announced tomorrow it definitely dead

Yeah I have been resisting buying it on PS4 as really want to play it on the go but man this is getting silly now. If not announced tomorrow it definitely dead

I tweeted Ubisoft. No response yet. It is Ubisoft making this, right? :heh:

I tweeted Ubisoft. No response yet. It is Ubisoft making this, right? :heh:

Apparently it's still on the cards.

With Ubisoft revealing the "Road to the Olympics" DLC for Steep today, many were wondering why a Switch version wasn't brought up. It's true that the DLC doesn't make any mention of Switch, but Ubisoft's press site still lists Steep for Switch. There's no date tied to the game, but as far as release schedules go, it's still around.

I don't think E3 so far has any positive indication at all for third party support on switch, I presume most had given up on it, and because of its success, next year will be much healthier!

I don't think E3 so far has any positive indication at all for third party support on switch, I presume most had given up on it, and because of its success, next year will be much healthier!

To be fair, we said the same thing about the Wii and that didn't get any better, despite the high sales.

Looking at what some of the 3rd parties are showing off at E3, a lot of them probably won't run on the Switch or will need a major down grade to do so. There's also the issue that a lot of 3rd party games are become very reliant on online connectivity. If the online for the Switch isn't up to scratch then these games won't appear.

Switch will not get the vast majority of 3rd Party games... it's just like HoT says!

To be fair, we said the same thing about the Wii and that didn't get any better, despite the high sales.

Looking at what some of the 3rd parties are showing off at E3, a lot of them probably won't run on the Switch or will need a major down grade to do so. There's also the issue that a lot of 3rd party games are become very reliant on online connectivity. If the online for the Switch isn't up to scratch then these games won't appear.

The Wii got a lot of 3rd parties, not necessarily the same games, but some, plus some 3rd party exclusives - I'd prefer that anyway; having the PS4 I then get the best of both worlds. I'll definitely take a repeat of the Wii.

Also hoping that the way engines are, that porting to the switch is a lot easier than Wii, but who knows. Still disappointing to see!

Stuff like afternoon collection from Capcom and even MVC surely that's possible, but still not happening!

The Wii got a lot of 3rd parties, not necessarily the same games, but some, plus some 3rd party exclusives - I'd prefer that anyway; having the PS4 I then get the best of both worlds. I'll definitely take a repeat of the Wii.

Yeah, there's no doubt the Switch will probably see quirky 3rd party exclusives but if anyone is wanting AAA western support, I just can't see it.

The only third party support I want is a sequel to EA's Grand Slam Tennis. What a game.

Sunk hundreds of hours into that online.

And I'm no online gamer but it made me violent with it. Lol.

Speaking of tennis games, where they even at in general? I can't remember the last tennis game. Top Spin I never got into with it's difficult controls but Virtua Tennis was the absolute best. Another one of those would be incredible. For any console.

The only third party support I want is a sequel to EA's Grand Slam Tennis. What a game.

Sunk hundreds of hours into that online.

And I'm no online gamer but it made me violent with it. Lol.

Speaking of tennis games, where they even at in general? I can't remember the last tennis game. Top Spin I never got into with it's difficult controls but Virtua Tennis was the absolute best. Another one of those would be incredible. For any console.

I forgot about this game, it was fantastic! That and Tiger Woods Wii are amongst the best sports game and best motion control games I've ever played... TW especially!

Some of the guys who worked on Top Spin Tennis will be showing their new tennis game off at Gamescom.

BIGBEN AND BREAKPOINT STUDIO ANNOUNCE TENNIS WORLD TOUR

Lesquin, May 18th, 2017. Bigben and Breakpoint are pleased to announce Tennis World Tour, the new standard for tennis games, due for release in 2018 on consoles and PC.

In order to make the best possible game and match players' expectations, the studio has brought in an experienced team which has worked on the "Top Spin" license.

Pierre André, Game Designer on Tennis World Tour and former Producer on "Top Spin 4": "For years we've wanted to create a new tennis game, a spiritual successor to "Top Spin 4". Technical evolutions now mean we can create the ultra-realistic simulation that we've been dreaming of."

Benoît Clerc, Director of Video Games at Bigben: "We are proud to give to all tennis fans a game worthy of their enthusiasm. The level of quality, wealth of content and game mechanics will ensure Tennis World Tour is one of the best sport simulations on the market."

This desire to provide a faithful tennis simulation translates into demanding gameplay during rally, a wide range of playing styles and a strategic preparation that influences the course of each match.

In addition to that, Tennis World Tour lets you experience the career of a professional: more than 30 playable tennis stars including Roger Federer, Gaël Monfils, Angelique Kerber, Garbiñe Muguruza and many more.

More information about the game will be provided during Gamescom 2017.

Some of the guys who worked on Top Spin Tennis will be showing their new tennis game off at Gamescom.

Omg no way!

Although top spin really went downhill for me due to the difficult control scheme they implemented. I tried and tried and just couldn't get to grips with it at all.

It wasn't as fun to play as the arcad-ey Virtua Tennis.

But I am definitely interested in this. I imagine it'll look great on the current gen consoles too. Wonder if it'll get a Switch release?

“We want every high-quality game to have an opportunity to be played on Nintendo Switch," Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's president and chief operating officer told IGN in an interview at E3 2017. "Every single one. Fill in the blank of third-party, high-quality game really wanted on Nintendo Switch; the answer is yes."

In addition to maintaining the flow of first-party releases for the Switch, Fils-Aime said Nintendo wants to supplement that schedule with great third-party games.

“We’ve been very thoughtful in making sure we have a strong cadence of launches that are going to keep our fans engaged, going to drive hardware, and continue to propel us forward," Fils-Aime said. "And certainly as we think back to Wii U, that’s one of the things that we didn’t do as effectively."

Fils-Aime also explained how Nintendo is trying to make third-party development for the Switch more inviting, starting with "a large, active install base." So far, Nintendo seems to be meeting that goal with its 2.74 million Switch units sold in less than a month and the Switch reigning as the best-selling console in April.

“Second, from the development tool standpoint, we need to make it easy, and that’s why we have Unreal 4 capable for Nintendo Switch. That’s why we have a full suite of development tools there for the teams," Fils-Aime said. "We’re working on those specialized [and studios' internal] game engines and making sure the developers see a path."

Fils-Aime said in the interview that there are more third-party games close to being announced for the Switch too.

Neat interview with Reggie; Nintendo are chasing down great third party support, and their somewhat aggressively packed first year of first party titles seems to be in place in order to establish a larger install base for third parties to work with. Better yet, the promise that there's more to be revealed soon from third parties is intriguing, and it will be interesting to see whether that comes to fruition during Treehouse or an upcoming Direct.

Neat interview with Reggie; Nintendo are chasing down great third party support, and their somewhat aggressively packed first year of first party titles seems to be in place in order to establish a larger install base for third parties to work with. Better yet, the promise that there's more to be revealed soon from third parties is intriguing, and it will be interesting to see whether that comes to fruition during Treehouse or an upcoming Direct.

There were 3 rumours yesterday on Gaf and 2 of them have come true so far.

The first was that a fan favourite series would return with two outings = Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid Samus Returns.

The second was a picture of Green Lantern/Hal Jordan = HAL Kirby game

The third was a picture of a snowstorm. Many are speculating that this means a Blizzard game is on the way. Obviously most are hoping that it's Overwatch but a more fitting game would probably be Hearthstone.

The third was a picture of a snowstorm. Many are speculating that this means a Blizzard game is on the way. Obviously most are hoping that it's Overwatch but a more fitting game would probably be Hearthstone.

Huh, that's interesting. Seeing either one come over to the Switch would be great news for Nintendo; hopefully we'll learn more later today during Treehouse regarding third party titles, as yesterday's stream - and rightly so - was laser focused on first/second party games.

There were 3 rumours yesterday on Gaf and 2 of them have come true so far.

The first was that a fan favourite series would return with two outings = Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid Samus Returns.

The second was a picture of Green Lantern/Hal Jordan = HAL Kirby game

Couldn't it also be ice climbers?