Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had my eye on it for a while but I think it looks to be a bit pricey. Saying that, people who have played it say it's great and the game keeps getting updated with free songs.

I don't think the price is too high, but the game simply hasn't been a priority. The way I see it, it's about 20 euros for an interactive album containing about 130 songs or something. I'll probably suck at it when things get harder, but if I love the music, I actually don't mind. Just like Arms, again, it's not a priority, but especially after the demo, I'm most likely to get this at some point. The only thing.. I'll probably need a rubber mat for this game.

Edited by Sméagol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played the votes demo, really like it, but yeah, I’ll wait until it’s a tenner. What the game asks you to do makes it difficult to know how to hold it, but love these types of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done the 'Four Peaks' section of Tumbleseed, which I class as completing it, but have only managed to make it up the first 700m of the Adventure section. I watched the latter stages of it on a Let's Play and I think it's out of my range to actually be able to complete it. If the mountain was always the same I think I'd have a chance but the procedurally generated nature of it makes it really daunting. Have had a lot of fun with the game though after the initial frustrations (I even uninstalled the game at one point in a fit of rage) so would recommend it to anyone looking for a unique challenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7th of September Switch eShop releases;

Switch Retail Downloads
LEGO Worlds (WB Games, €29.99 / £24.99) – Available from Friday 8th of September.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis, €39.99 / £35.99)

Switch eShop
R.B.I. Baseball 17 (Nighthawk Interactive, €29.99 / £26.99)
The Bridge (The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild, €9.99 / £8.99)
NeuroVoider (Flying Oak, €13.99 / £12.99)
Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition (Crunching Koalas, €9.99 / £8.99)
Double Dragon IV (Arc System Works, €9.49 / £8.59)
Blue’s Journey (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Physical Contact: 2048 (Collavier Corporation, €5.00 / £4.49)

Switch DLC
LEGO Worlds: Classic Space Pack (Warner Bros., €3.99 / £3.29)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ike said:

How does it this, I've applied the promo to my account. Do I just add funds on the Switch eShop, I don't need to make a purchase or anything do I?

I haven't done it myself ( I like to stick to eShop cards ) but I assume once you put £20 on your Switch via PayPal it will kick in and you only get charged £15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I haven't done it myself ( I like to stick to eShop cards ) but I assume once you put £20 on your Switch via PayPal it will kick in and you only get charged £15.

It worked, cheers for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading that Wonder Boy sold more on Switch than every other platform combined, that's some good going!

I imagine it was helped by being early on and without much major competition for new Switch owners at the time, regardless though it should be a great incentive to other Indie Devs that their games can sell on Switch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thimbleweed Park coming on September 21st. $19.99 on US eShop, no confirmation on European price yet but shouldn't be any different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steamworld Dig 2 and Thimbleweed Park on the same day! Sorry Ron Gilbert...

Edit: and apparently Golf Story on the 21st as well??

Edited by Ronnie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Reading that Wonder Boy sold more on Switch than every other platform combined, that's some good going!

I imagine it was helped by being early on and without much major competition for new Switch owners at the time, regardless though it should be a great incentive to other Indie Devs that their games can sell on Switch.

Well, when the alternative versions have practically no benefits, the smart money is on the one with portability. Very well deserved though, it's set the standard for old school modernisations for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the verdict on Kingdom: new lands? That game appeals the most to me from the latest batch, but I may want to save my money for the other September games. Visually, it looks awesome, but on Steam I saw complaints that ther's a lot of trial and error and luck involved, with lots of stuff left unexplained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished Mighty Gunvolt Burst, last night. Fantastic game. It took a while to get my head around the customization, of which there are a stupid amount of options, but once I had figured it out it was smooth sailing. 

Despite the credits rolling there's still a shed load to do on the game. I have another 2 runs to do, one with Gunvolt and one with Ekoro, some collectibles to pick up, S rank all the stages and do the remaining challenges. Phew! Like Master Blaster, this game is packed with content. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14th of September Switch eShop releases;

Switch Retail Downloads
NBA 2K18 (2K Games, €66.99/ £54.99) – Available on the eShop from 15th September, at retail from 17th October.
NBA 2K18 Legend Edition (2K Games, €99.99 / £84.99) – Available on the eShop from 15th September, at retail from 17th October.
NBA 2K18 Legend Gold Edition (2K Games, €149.99 / £119.99) – Available on the eShop from 15th September, at retail from 17th October.
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (Ubisoft, €39.99 / £29.99)

Switch eShop
Quest of Dungeons (Upfall Studios, €8.99 / £7.99)
Kingdom: New Lands (Raw Fury, €14.99 / £13.49)
PAN-PAN (CIRCLE Entertainment, €5.00 / £4.99)
Semispheres (Vivid Helix, €9.99 / £8.99)
Robonauts (QubicGames, €13.49 / £12.14 until 29th September, then €14.99 / £13.49) – Available from 15th September.
Beach Buggy Racing (Vector Unit, €9.99 / £9.99)
36 Fragments of Midnight (Ratalaika Games, €2.99 / £2.99)
Spinmaster (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Nintendo Switch DLC
LEGO Worlds: Classic Space Pack (Warner Bros., €3.99 / £3.29)
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 5,000 VC (2K Games, €1.99 / £1.99)
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 15,000 VC (2K Games, €4.99 / £3.99)
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 35,000 VC (2K Games, €9.99 / £7.99)
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 75,000 VC (2K Games, €19.99/ £15.99)
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 200,000 VC (2K Games, €49.99/ £39.99)
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 500,000 VC (2K Games, €99.99/ £79.99)

Nintendo Switch Demo
Project Octopath Traveler (Square Enix, free)

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I finished Mighty Gunvolt Burst, last night. Fantastic game. It took a while to get my head around the customization, of which there are a stupid amount of options, but once I had figured it out it was smooth sailing. 

Despite the credits rolling there's still a shed load to do on the game. I have another 2 runs to do, one with Gunvolt and one with Ekoro, some collectibles to pick up, S rank all the stages and do the remaining challenges. Phew! Like Master Blaster, this game is packed with content. 

 

Yes, a very loveable game.  I had a feeling that many would like it even more than I did.  If you're a Mega Man fan it's a dream come true!

 

This week, I downloaded Spin Master, which is an absolutely brilliant Neo Geo game, similar to Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja.  Really feels like you have your own Data East coin-op.

 

Also, my review of Double Dragon IV is up.  This is a curious game.  From reading around, some really liked it and others thought it was poor.  For what it's worth, I felt it was average, but there's no doubt hardcore NES Double Dragon fans can get something out of it:

 

N-Europe Review

content-2-35239-doubledragonivsidebox.jpg

 

As ever, thanks to @S.C.G for the image and link.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grazza said:

This week, I downloaded Spin Master, which is an absolutely brilliant Neo Geo game, similar to Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja.  Really feels like you have your own Data East coin-op.

uu9pmDP.gif

I loved playing Joe & Mac back in day in the arcades at Blackpool. My brother and I would spent lots of our holiday money on that cabinet. I may have to check out Spin Master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I loved playing Joe & Mac back in day in the arcades at Blackpool. My brother and I would spent lots of our holiday money on that cabinet. I may have to check out Spin Master.

 

It's one of those games where if you like the look of it, you'll probably like it.  I can't say I've played much of it so far, but it reminds me of when I'd have my mates round and we'd play all the 2-player games.  I reckon it's gonna be up there with Metal Slug and Shock Troopers as great for that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2017 at 6:38 PM, Ronnie said:

Steamworld Dig 2 and Thimbleweed Park on the same day! Sorry Ron Gilbert...

Edit: and apparently Golf Story on the 21st as well??

Just took the plunge, and bought Kingdom: new lands.. September is going to be expensive! Steamworld Dig will be bought, and Golf story most likely as well. Thimbleweed park.. Looks great, but that's probably one I'd prefer on the PC. And then there's Wulverblade..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Just took the plunge, and bought Kingdom: new lands.. September is going to be expensive! Steamworld Dig will be bought, and Golf story most likely as well. Thimbleweed park.. Looks great, but that's probably one I'd prefer on the PC. And then there's Wulverblade..

I'll probably pick up Kingdom New Lands as well, let us know what you think. I was a bit confused because it seems they also have a game called Kingdom Two Crowns releasing next year, which is the one that was featured on the last Nindie Showcase in February. Not sure what the differences are between the two games though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'll probably pick up Kingdom New Lands as well, let us know what you think. I was a bit confused because it seems they also have a game called Kingdom Two Crowns releasing next year, which is the one that was featured on the last Nindie Showcase in February. Not sure what the differences are between the two games though.

I had a quick look and it appears that Two Crowns is the sequel to New Lands. It started off as an expansion to New Lands but it kept getting bigger, to the point of where the developer just decided to make it its own game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'll probably pick up Kingdom New Lands as well, let us know what you think. I was a bit confused because it seems they also have a game called Kingdom Two Crowns releasing next year, which is the one that was featured on the last Nindie Showcase in February. Not sure what the differences are between the two games though.

I'll elaborate when I've played more, but I'm pretty sure it's not something I can recommend. I don't think the game has enough content to justify paying 15 euros. After playing the first level, and reading up about the game, my understanding is I've seen most of the game already, so I can see it outstay it's welcome fast. Doing the first level was fun in general, but I suspect that once I;ve done the 2nd, I have no desire to touch the game any further. Again, I will elaborate further later. I would recommend it.. at a price of 3 euros. That's my current feeling.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had a quick look and it appears that Two Crowns is the sequel to New Lands. It started off as an expansion to New Lands but it kept getting bigger, to the point of where the developer just decided to make it its own game.

Not quite, I've also been reading up on it. Two crowns is actually the "third" sequel. It's a new game, and is going to feature co-op. Kingdom: new lands was originally an expansion to the game simply called Kingdom, but they felt the added content warranted calling it a sequel, renaming the base game "Kingdom classic". After reading what's actually been added, I feel new lands is actually the first base game, and classic was early access. Also, I can't see co-op being fun at all in the sequel, unless they change the gameplay drastically.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2017 at 5:38 PM, Ronnie said:

Steamworld Dig 2 and Thimbleweed Park on the same day! Sorry Ron Gilbert...

Edit: and apparently Golf Story on the 21st as well??

Really? Well that's stupid... Almost too many games coming out now :D

I'll buy all three though probably!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this will interest a few people on here.

Quote

Picross arrives on the Switch!

largevjs5p.jpglargekys3k.jpglargelds42.jpg

Picross S will contain 300 puzzles in Picross and Mega Picross modes. 5×5, 10×10, 15×15, and 20×15 puzzle sizes are included.

Unique to Switch is a new two-player mode, in which users can cooperate to solve puzzles or compete to solve squares. Various helpful features are included like the hint roulette and navigation feature. Jupiter also promises a renewed Picross and Mega Picross tutorial. 

Picross S is launching sooner than you’d think, with a release planned for September 28. Pricing is set at $7.99 / €7.99 / £7.19.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites