Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Recommended Posts

Bit of advice please.

Looking for a couple of multiplayer games for me an Ferret Jnr for our flights.

What's the best NEO GEO fighting game on the eshop?

Is Fatal Fury or King of Fighters the better series?

And likewise Metal Slug or Shock Troopers?

Finally, Soccer Sidekicks looks like an early PES/ISS, how does it play.

Any other must have games in the £6.29 range?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clownferret said:

Bit of advice please.

Looking for a couple of multiplayer games for me an Ferret Jnr for our flights.

What's the best NEO GEO fighting game on the eshop?

Is Fatal Fury or King of Fighters the better series?

And likewise Metal Slug or Shock Troopers?

Finally, Soccer Sidekicks looks like an early PES/ISS, how does it play.

Any other must have games in the £6.29 range?

Samurai Shodown... ;) (though it depends what fighting game you're looking for really)

They are both decent for different reasons, get Fatal Fury Special and King of Fighters '98... see which you like. :)

As for Metal Slug or Shock Troopers... the former is a purely side-scrolling Run 'N Gun title, while the latter is a Top-Down/Side-On, Run 'N Gun title with a bit more freedom of movement, both are excellent. :D 

Soccer Sidekicks... :blank: well, it's currently the only Football game available on the Switch :p  arguably it's probably the best we'll ever see as well, it is supposed to be famed for its excellent gameplay so I'd say buy it.

Yes... Alpha Mission II, Blazing Star, Last Resort and Aero Fighters 2 (out on Thursday) basically all of the shooters, if you really like shooters, if you don't then... What's wrong with you? :blush: But they are all good.

Aside from that, Magical Drop II is an ESSENTIAL purchase, one of the best Puzzle games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. :peace:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Samurai Shodown... ;) (though it depends what fighting game you're looking for really)

They are both decent for different reasons, get Fatal Fury Special and King of Fighters '98... see which you like. :)

As for Metal Slug or Shock Troopers... the former is a purely side-scrolling Run 'N Gun title, while the latter is a Top-Down/Side-On, Run 'N Gun title with a bit more freedom of movement, both are excellent. :D 

Soccer Sidekicks... :blank: well, it's currently the only Football game available on the Switch :p  arguably it's probably the best we'll ever see as well, it is supposed to be famed for its excellent gameplay so I'd say buy it.

Yes... Alpha Mission II, Blazing Star, Last Resort and Aero Fighters 2 (out on Thursday) basically all of the shooters, if you really like shooters, if you don't then... What's wrong with you? :blush: But they are all good.

Aside from that, Magical Drop II is an ESSENTIAL purchase, one of the best Puzzle games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. :peace:

Some real solid advice right here folks!

 

I will say though that you might want to wait for Magical Drop 3 to come out though.  MD2 is great and all, but if you're only gonna get one MD game, make it MD3!

 

As far as fighters go, I'd also give a shout out to Waku Waku 7 and (especially) Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

 

Also if you even remotely like golf games, I highly recommend Neo Turf Masters.  Great little gem of a game!

 

Nam 1975 is also another great game in the vein of Cabal/Wild Guns (and sort of also like Sin & Punishment) that comes recommended.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent advice from @S.C.G

 

At the risk of repeating it, the two main fighters are definitely King of Fighters '98 and Fatal Fury Special.  I'd get both, but the difference between them is that KoF has a system where you pit 3 fighters against a team of 3 others, whereas FF has a plane-switching system (like Guardian Heroes or Code of Princess).

 

I really would buy both Metal Slug and Shock Troopers as well, as they are both superb 2-player games done in a slightly different style.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 2:42 PM, Nicktendo said:

I'm reviewing Flip Wars from the main site and unfortunately I've not been able to find a single match with more than one other player so far. Most of the time the game just sits searching for players. Online seems dead already!

This is probably the first dud game that I've bought on the Switch. There's no real campaign and the online has been dead since launch, which means you are left with a game you can't actually play unless you have a few local mates to play with. It also doesn't help when you fire the game up and various sections blocked off with a Coming Soon message. Seriously! If the games modes aren't even complete then don't bother releasing the thing! To be honest i'm baffled how the game got released in this state and even more shocked that Nintendo themselves published it.

On the flip side, Inti Creates continues to be one of my favourite developers/publishers on the Switch. They've already given away bunch of free DLC for Blaster Master Zero and now they are at it again with Mighty Gunvolt Burst, both of which are fantastic games to start off with.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh! Paging @S.C.G, looks like someone else is throwing their hat into the ring with some arcade game ports on Switch!

 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414717

 

Zerodiv are bringing two games from Psikyo to Switch today, namely Strikers 1945 (Previously on SEGA Saturn and PS1 in Japan only)

 

 

And Gunbarich (never before released outside of Arcades)

 

 

Both seemingly £5.99.

 

Well that's random, but very welcome! Always down for more Arcade games on Switch! (Now I just need 8bitdo to hurry up with their wireless arcade stick for Switch...)

 

Edit: Well speak of the devil...

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZNXFL6?tag=viglink20241-20

 

Comes put August 20th and it's fully moddable with Sanwa parts!! Awesome!! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still intend to get I am setsuna on a cartridge, so I won't be making use of that discount.

Infinite minigolf looks pretty good, and is getting good reviews on Steam.. I may get that one. Mostly interested for the level editor!

Sine mora EX is also looking good, and releases in less than a week..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I snapped up Gunbarich earlier, turned the Switch on it's side and placed it in the Hori stand. Dat vertical goodness.

DGZU5PdXsAQQjOk.jpg

DGZVHqvXYAEVEOO.jpg

giphy.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I snapped up Gunbarich earlier, turned the Switch on it's side and placed it in the Hori stand. Dat vertical goodness.

DGZU5PdXsAQQjOk.jpg

DGZVHqvXYAEVEOO.jpg

giphy.gif

That’s amazing. I have namco collection too. What stand is that or do hori only do one, might get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

That’s amazing. I have namco collection too. What stand is that or do hori only do one, might get it

HERE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn... all this talk of new shooters being released, portable verticality and whatnot.

I just caved and bought this... :cool:

hori-stick-arcade-nintendo-switch.jpeg

No regrets... :love:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Damn... all this talk of new shooters being released, portable verticality and whatnot.

I just caved and bought this... :cool:

hori-stick-arcade-nintendo-switch.jpeg

No regrets... :love:

 

Oh wow, that's a beauty.

 

There goes the split d-pad problem in the SNK fighters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Damn... all this talk of new shooters being released, portable verticality and whatnot.

I just caved and bought this... :cool:

hori-stick-arcade-nintendo-switch.jpeg

No regrets... :love:

Pro-tip:  Apparantly you CAN actually use that controller in portable/tabletop mode by plugging it into a USB A to C adapter and then plugging that directly into the USB-C port on the Switch itself.  Honestly surprised that works!

 

I'm gonna wait for the 8-bitdo one though.  I want one that works wirelessly (and wired).

 

Edit: The next batch of 6 upcoming ACA NeoGeo games has just been announced

 

Quote
  • SNK side-scrolling platform game Magician Lord
  • SNK puzzle game Puzzled (Has only ever been re-released on the Wii VC in Japan only)
  • NMK Horizontal shooter Zed Blade (Never been re-released on any prior platform)
  • SNK side scrolling platform game Blue’s Journey
  • Data East platform beat-em-up Spinmaster
  • SNK fighting game Art of Fighting

 Hamster are killing it! Will buy all of them! :D 

 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed Gunbarich with both characters over the past couple of days. I quite enjoyed it. It's a very unique blend of Breakout, pinball and vertical shooter.

DGh_LtEUwAI5K0f.jpg

DGh_GxnUwAA4WKW.jpg

DGh_AnkU0AABlmX.jpg

Some of the translations in the game were hilarious to read.

DGh-3-5UQAIs80i.jpg

DGh-xFMUQAEMAKQ.jpg

:D

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Cave Story+ (second ending at least, don't wanna try to go through Hell at the moment!). Really, really good game but geez, the price is steep! That's about the only negative point I have, though. Also some save points are a little too far behind the hard points - I hate doing the same stuff over and over so that frustrated me.

 

My playthrough took just about 7.5 hours and was my first time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2017 at 4:44 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I snapped up Gunbarich earlier, turned the Switch on it's side and placed it in the Hori stand. Dat vertical goodness.

DGZU5PdXsAQQjOk.jpg

DGZVHqvXYAEVEOO.jpg

giphy.gif

What's the game like? Anyone try out strikers 1945?

What other vertical game are there, the concept appeals to me more than I thought it would because it's so easy!

Also, Icaruga port?!?! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

What's the game like? Anyone try out strikers 1945?

What other vertical game are there, the concept appeals to me more than I thought it would because it's so easy!

Also, Icaruga port?!?! 

It's quite fun. As I said in the post above yours, its mixes a fun gameplay styles up and spits out something very Japanese. :D

I've yet to buy Strikers but will snap it up once I grab some more eShop credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's quite fun. As I said in the post above yours, its mixes a fun gameplay styles up and spits out something very Japanese. :D

I've yet to buy Strikers but will snap it up once I grab some more eShop credit.

I love breakout/alleyway so pretty tempting... Decent price so why not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I love breakout/alleyway so pretty tempting... Decent price so why not!

It gets stupidly difficult, mind. Luckily you can give yourself infinite continues. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Severed has been released today on Switch eShop,  €14.99 / £13.49. Quite the surprise.

Quote

Severed puts players in the role of Sasha, a one- armed warrior who has embarked on a dangerous quest to find her missing family members. During their adventure, players will hack, slash, and swipe their way through nightmarish monsters and uniquely challenging puzzles.

In Severed, players use swipe-based touch controls to solve puzzles, find secrets and battle a host of disturbing monsters including giant floating skull wizards and beasts made of crows. During the journey, players unlock new abilities, ascend an RPG-style upgrade tree, and uncover the mysteries of the dark fantasy universe Sasha finds herself in.

 

 

In other news, Axiom Verge is out on October 17th.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Severed has been released today on Switch eShop,  €14.99 / £13.49. Quite the surprise.

 

 

Wow! Out of nowhere. It was one of my favourite games on the Vita last year. Cracking game. I bet it looks lovely on the Switch screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites