NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I may double dip for Severed, great game, not quite as much fun as Guacamelee but close.

Sadly it looks like the Switch version of Hollow Knight is still quite far off. :( Hopefully it will still get a release sometime this year.

Switch Release: We know people are bursting for news on this one! We did want to have a concrete date to give people for Switch, unfortunately although the port is coming together well we're not at that stage quite yet. Once we're confident that we can hit a definite date, we'll let everyone know.

There are quite a few indie games that are MIA. I wonder if another Nindie Direct could be on the cards soon?

I wouldn't be surprised to see another one in the next couple of months

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Should note that Severed is only playable in handheld/tabletop mode...

On Wii U, I think you were able to use Wiimotes or something. That's not possible on Switch?

58 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

On Wii U, I think you were able to use Wiimotes or something. That's not possible on Switch?

It wasn't Wii Remote support, it was the Gamepad.  You can obviously use the Gamepad while playing on the TV, but Switch can't use the touchscreen while docked...

Well.  Unless they added an option to use a second Switch as a makeshift Gamepad... (there's a couple of Switch games that do just that)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sadly it looks like the Switch version of Hollow Knight is still quite far off. :( Hopefully it will still get a release sometime this year.

There are quite a few indie games that are MIA. I wonder if another Nindie Direct could be on the cards soon?

Yeah, hope so, desperate to know more about Stardew Valley and the rumours of Rocket League delayed to 2018 worry me.

32 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Yeah, hope so, desperate to know more about Stardew Valley and the rumours of Rocket League delayed to 2018 worry me.

Yup. Stardew Valley, Owlboy, Hollow Knight, Yooka-Laylee, Pocket Rumble...a number of indies have either just gone off the radar or have gone silent about when they are releasing.

Here's an indie Smash Bros clone that is looking to release this year.

• Like 1

That is not even inspired by Smash, it's a direct clone. Funny they can get away with that but hey, may pick it up if it's decent. Hopefully they get more characters in time because 9 are too few.

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, MindFreak said:

That is not even inspired by Smash, it's a direct clone. Funny they can get away with that but hey, may pick it up if it's decent. Hopefully they get more characters in time because 9 are too few.

Last time something was inspired by Smash, we got PlayStation All-Stars.

That game was such a misstep, Cloud decided to "nope" right into Smash 4.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

screenshot_20170810-1h5zf2.jpg

They are now just teasing us!

This needs to be released asap. It so suited for portable play.

Need that now and summer is perfect :(

I'm going to buy that ironist game, love match three games if done right, and loved puzzle quest so this seems to be more in that vein. Perfect.

6 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Need that now and summer is perfect :(

I'm going to buy that ironist game, love match three games if done right, and loved puzzle quest so this seems to be more in that vein. Perfect.

It's been getting very good write ups.

You got your Switch back yet?

13 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's been getting very good write ups.

You got your Switch back yet?

Yeah, came back yesterday, still can't believe someone handed it in at the airport... Took AGES to charge up enough to even turn on so there was a little panic, but all good and a couple of hours os splatoon - perfect!

Yeah, been reading up on it, definitely going to pick it up. Wish it wasn't 12.99, feels a little steep, but whats a few quid!

• Like 2

Did anyone else get a survey for Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap?  Not that it really means much, but I'm glad the game hasn't been forgotten and I'm hoping Switch plays host to more games from Lizardcube.

1 minute ago, Grazza said:

Did anyone else get a survey for Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap?  Not that it really means much, but I'm glad the game hasn't been forgotten and I'm hoping Switch plays host to more games from Lizardcube.

Nopes. I should finish that game soon. What questions did you get? I've gotten 3 surveys from Nintendo I think, so far.

7 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Nopes. I should finish that game soon. What questions did you get? I've gotten 3 surveys from Nintendo I think, so far.

There weren't many questions but it was things like "What were you satisfied with?", "What weren't you satisfied with?" and "Any other comments...?"

1 minute ago, Grazza said:

There weren't many questions but it was things like "What were you satisfied with?", "What weren't you satisfied with?" and "Any other comments...?"

I was wondering what the questions specific to Wonderboy would be. All of the surveys I had, had general questions and questions specific to a game. I mentioned in the Splatoon thread I got a survey about it, and I had a few specific questions, not only about Splatoon in general, but the Nintendo Switch online app as well. I haven't gotten a survey about a smaller game though. I think I got a Mario Kart one, and a general Switch one.

Ah, no, there wasn't anything specific to Wonder Boy.  I got the feeling they were just testing whether people were generally happy with that price/quality combination.  Personally, I say bring 'em on!

The Rayman demo has popped back up on the eShop.

In other news, a news trailer for Thimbleweed Park has been released.

I'm very much looking forward to this one and apparently it will be out next month at the latest.

• Like 2

17th of August Switch eShop releases;

Nintendo Switch Retail Download
Troll and I (Maximum Games, €34.99 / £24.99)

Switch eShop
Sonic Mania (SEGA, €19.99 / £15.99)
The Jackbox Party Pack (Jackbox Games, €20.99 / £18.99)
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Jackbox Games, €20.99 / £18.99)
Magician Lord (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Switch eShop Demo
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Demo (Ubisoft, free)

• Like 2

Wishing I hadn't bought Tumbleseed. One of the most excruciatingly difficult games I've ever played. I muddled through the first 'peak' but the second one seems impossible to me. I can reach the dungeon at the top okay but have no clue with how to deal with the enemies that appear inside once you step on the first switch. The stubborn part of me wants to complete it because I don't want to give up on a game but it's making me so miserable and irritated that I feel like it's just better to throw in the towel.