NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

Really excited for this. Wish there was new competitive mode and still annoyed by no load outs or bots/dropin multiplayer.  But I’m sure a new mode is coming. 

God I love that box... Wish I wasn't so eager to have most games digital....

• Like 1

Called a local shop (the one where I got my Switch) today, but they wouldn't sell it today, ah well, can't blame them, no problem. They reserved a copy for me, and I'll be getting it tomorrow.

Once the online catches up with 2007 standards I'll pick this up.

• Like 1

Did 3 rounds of standard online matches yesterday with the other early buyers. It seems very fun, but I have a long way to go if I want to be good. I lost all 3 rounds, so that kinda sucked, but I had a good time anyway. The game is colorful and fresh, and I recon that this is the best "version" of Splatoon for a newb like me to start with. 

I have been playing this for a few hours now and I feel like its just as good as the first game. Turf wars are fun and it seems that your team can make a come back a little closer to the end then they could in the first game. Other then that it pretty much feels the same to me but with some new maps.

I also played a bit of Salmon run just now too and that's also lot of great. My only dislike with that mode is that it randomly assigns you a weapon before each wave. Being that I am useless with a Sniper Rifle, i normally do badly whenever I get that, but outside of that, I think i might end up playing this mode more then the others.

DFQryMZUMAES_LF.jpg

Edited by Helmsly

This game is so good. Feels so much more polished than the original as well. Loving Salmon Run!

You would have thought Nintendo UK store would have improved after the Switch shambles but no, no game arrived today.

5 minutes ago, Kaxxx said:

You would have thought Nintendo UK store would have improved after the Switch shambles but no, no game arrived today.

I got mine, along with the t-shirt at 11am.

.. Ehm, I was late, and the store was already closed :|.

Does anyone want to play some online games tomorrow afternoon (with someone who doesn't know how to play the game :P)?

Wasn't there some kind of league for the first game similar to Mario Kart?

I was also thinking of starting a thread for scheduling casual online meet-ups, though not for one game in particular. I could do with some weekly rotation of casual games of Mario Kart and Splatoon, and other games when I get them.

2 hours ago, Kaxxx said:

I didn't receive it either :sad:

Keep me updated with your situation as I'm told @dazzybee was given a download code for Street Fighter when it didn't arrive on launch day..

I'm officially part of the problem.

As much as Nintendo's approach to online has disappointed me, I have caved and purchased this.

• Like 1

Me  and Dakota are in a room with @Hero-of-Time and @nicktendo but they probably don’t know because the game dooesn highlights fiends in snyway

I was aware it was you guys and H-o-T. Some good games, really enjoying the new maps and special weapons. Music isn't as good as the first game but the graphics are much nicer.

Salmon Run is absolute god tier. Looking forward to some N-E nights on that!

Is there a way to change your loadout in between games without backing out of the lobby?

I can't seem to find one, bit of a miss if there isn't.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been looking for that as well. I hope they add it at a later time if it isn't an option now.

I'll probably be online tonight between 22-02 or something :). This game is pretty addictive!

Pretty sure it's tied to Amiibo. i.e. you save a loadout to Amiibo and tap it in the lobby to update your gear.

Edited by Nicktendo

Been getting alot of connection issues. Been banned 3 or 4 times now lol

47 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Pretty sure it's tied to Amiibo. i.e. you save a loadout to Amiibo and tap it in the lobby to update your gear.

If this is the only way you can do it, that's a proper cunt move by Nintendo!

6 minutes ago, Kav said:

If this is the only way you can do it

Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest :p
But I seriously hope for everyone who bought the game that this is not the only way...

• Like 2

Got the game today, and played for several hours. It's fun! First I directly plunged into turfwar battles, to get at least level 4 so the shops would open. Bought some stuff. Then it was the first "world" of the single player (missed one scroll somewhere), then it was onto salmon run. I think I may like that one the best actually. Wish there were more messages though. Played enough to unlock the shirt. I didn't think I would, but I actually like the constant random assigning of weapons. Lets me get used to weapons I'm not currently using outside of Salmon run. In turf war I'm currently using the roller, and I'm a fan of the duelies. I only tried motion controls this session, and I'm still getting motion sick, so I need a break now. I'll probably try dual stick next session. I may be back tonight. Can't wait to play some multiplayer with you guys!

On 21/07/2017 at 11:59 PM, DazzeL said:

I'm officially part of the problem.

As much as Nintendo's approach to online has disappointed me, I have caved and purchased this.

I'm part of the problem too,my stance is i just won't use the shit app and go silent in matches

bought it htis morning , played a up to level 7, dualies are awesome! love being able to evade! only got to fresh using them before i had to go out

Did the first world of single player

Tomorrow Salmon run!