NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

Single player looks great! I really enjoyed the first one.

The logo is different to what's on the box art, strange to see a last minute change like that.

Also...

neon-green-pink-joy-con.jpg

The logo is different to what's on the box art, strange to see a last minute change like that.

I don't think it's a "change" per se, just a separate Octarian-themed logo for the single-player mode. I'm quite certain the main logo will stay the same.

But yeah, that trailer was absolutely amazing. Easily the highlight of the Direct for me (though ARMS also looked fantastic, of course). I'm so excited!!

Looking good.

Not interested, though, as the gameplay looks the same and I didn't like it at all in the first.

Should be a huge seller :)

Sooo... I guess Splatoon is a pretty big thing in Japan then :P. I never got into the first game. Might try to play this one if the single player is good. I liked what I saw in the trailer in yesterday's Direct though.

A Games TM interview with the director has him quoted as saying no voice chat with strangers, apparently.

You can only voice chat with BFF's!

The reason we included voice chat is because we wanted users who already know each other to enjoy the game more deeply using a communication tool that’s linked to the game.” - Amano

“Voice chat can only be used when playing with someone you know, such as in private matchmaking; voice chat with someone you don’t know in random matchmaking won’t happen.” - Nogami

A Games TM interview with the director has him quoted as saying no voice chat with strangers, apparently.

You can only voice chat with BFF's!

The reason we included voice chat is because we wanted users who already know each other to enjoy the game more deeply using a communication tool that’s linked to the game.” - Amano

“Voice chat can only be used when playing with someone you know, such as in private matchmaking; voice chat with someone you don’t know in random matchmaking won’t happen.” - Nogami

@Kav! You're getting to them, now you just need to get them to not confine it to a mobile app.

I believe in you!

We already knew there was voice chat in it. They'd already confirmed it.

What's worrying me is can you voice chat with friends OUTSIDE of private games?

We already knew there was voice chat in it. They'd already confirmed it.

What's worrying me is can you voice chat with friends OUTSIDE of private games?

This is a good point. If you can't then it's pretty rubbish. If they would just have system wide party chat application, you know, like everyone else has had for a stupid amount of years, then one of this would even be an issue.

This is a good point. If you can't then it's pretty rubbish. If they would just have system wide party chat application, you know, like everyone else has had for a stupid amount of years, then one of this would even be an issue.

Hopefully that's what the app does. It doesn't seem like it does though, which makes no sense whatsoever.

The tiniest of baby-steps in the right direction.

But FUCK ME, why are they so fucking backwards?!!!!!

But FUCK ME, why are they so fucking backwards?!!!!!

They're a family and kid friendly Japanese company who value their reputation. You're getting voice chat in Splatoon, I figured there would be happy people in this thread.

They're a family and kid friendly Japanese company who value their reputation. You're getting voice chat in Splatoon, I figured there would be happy people in this thread.

I think a lot of assumptions are being thrown out about the voice chat.

Mostly because we have no clue whether the voice chat with friends is restricted to Private Rooms/Public Rooms/The mobile app.

It's too early to declare stuff yet, but there's certainly precedent on the subject.

I'm toally with Kav on this - on what world can we be happy with no voice chat with strangers? It's pathetic - there's no reputational damage in letting people speak. Yes, a kid may get called a name but this is real life and interactions with people help to take team based games like this to the next level.

We await the detail but I'm not going to get my hopes up with comments like that from Nintendo.

That's what parental controls are for.

Mad this thread hasn't Even touched during e3.

Anhways, I said @Hero\-of\-Time was mistaken that online you have to play during events. Turns out it's true. In yet another baffling, excitement ruining decision, you can only play online at specific times.... I can't even think of any logical reason whatsoever other than to piss people off... you better be able to do private game....

Also seems you can't change weapons online... I just don't understand them sometimes....

Mad this thread hasn't Even touched during e3.

Anhways, I said @Hero\-of\-Time was mistaken that online you have to play during events. Turns out it's true. In yet another baffling, excitement ruining decision, you can only play online at specific times.... I can't even think of any logical reason whatsoever other than to piss people off... you better be able to do private game....

Also seems you can't change weapons online... I just don't understand them sometimes....

We were talking about Salmon Run in the E3 thread, not online as a whole. So you can only play Salmon Run when Nintendo let you? It's not just a game type you can choose freely? If that is indeed true then that is utter tripe.

I've decided to get a Splatoon Switch Pack with Zelda and Mario around October.

I must get in on this Splatoon shenanigans.

All I ever did play of it was the test fire for the original Splatoon on the WiiU.

This is absolutely Splatoon 1.5, not 2!

Absurd that on their second attempt they're still not up to par with standard functions/options when it comes to online.

It's half-baked once again!

This is absolutely Splatoon 1.5, not 2!

Absurd that on their second attempt they're still not up to par with standard functions/options when it comes to online.

It's baffling. I fail the see what limiting certain modes to a specific time brings to the table. It's not as if they can use the excuse of not having the player base there to spread across various modes. It's mental.

What's the multiplayer with friends situation like? Genuine question. Not here to shit on the game (yet :p), as I seriously don't know anything about that.

What's the multiplayer with friends situation like? Genuine question. Not here to shit on the game (yet :p), as I seriously don't know anything about that.

Depends what you mean, you can do private or worldwide, in turf mode you just join the rom but groups are random, for the competitive section (rotating game modes) you join a squad, 2, 3 or 4.

Private matches gives you complete freedom to do whatever you want, even change weapons whenever as well; it's brilliant.

The only problem with the game as a whole is balance, if someone drops out, or you're in a team of 3 or you don't have even numbers in a private game... The games needs drop in drop out multiplayer AND BOTS!!!!!!!!!!!