NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

35 minutes ago, DazzeL said:

Yeah, I would definitely be @Sméagol - would be up for trying the voice chat on Salmon Run?

I would, but I can't :p. And Salmon run has ended for today unfortunately (and voice chat would be beneficial during salmon run by the way). I'm only checking the forum for a minute..

If someone here reads this and want to start a private game (I have no preferences regarding what modes) at say, 21:30, I'm in. I'll check for private rooms, otherwise I'll just join random NE people. If everyone joins the someone already in a game, we end up with a public NE lobby eventually ;).

I will never understand why people think it's cool to go BACKWARDS with the rainmaker... 

In splatoon at least,  when you have the lead, there are points where going backwards (while your team holds off the opposing team from coming into your territory) can actually be a safer way of winning the match than trying to push further forward. not sure if that is still true in splat2, nor if that is what you are talking about... there are people who I think are either trolling or panicking when they grab the rainmaker :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

In splatoon at least,  when you have the lead, there are points where going backwards (while your team holds off the opposing team from coming into your territory) can actually be a safer way of winning the match than trying to push further forward. not sure if that is still true in splat2, nor if that is what you are talking about... there are people who I think are either trolling or panicking when they grab the rainmaker :D

There is a huge area at the bottom of Moray Towers to duel, escape or hide in, why anyone would go back up their OWN RAMP in the last few seconds before dying really puzzles me. I'm just annoyed because it cost me my B rank :cry:

haha, guess I can understand that being annoying if you were losing the game and it cost you rank - if it's any consolation they probably would have died and cost you the game even if they had gone the other way!

• Like 1

Splatfest voting has started and they just added a new weapon to the shop, 'Dualie Squelchers' . 

• Like 1

Is it me, or are some weapons simply terrible when playing Salmon run? I don't like the snipers, the minigun, or the paintbrush at all.

The sniper barely inks, is the absolute best weapon against those bomb throwing boss enemies, but crap against anything else.

The minigun also barely inks, is great against small groups of small enemies, ok against most boss characters individually, but useless when things get hectic (which is often).

The paintbrush is ok at inking, but can barely kill anything.

I love Salmon run, but it's excruciating when I get these weapons :indeed:.

Still, I'm up for some midnight (23:00 UK) Salmon run if anyone wants to play. Unless I'm not back home yet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Is it me, or are some weapons simply terrible when playing Salmon run? I don't like the snipers, the minigun, or the paintbrush at all.

The sniper barely inks, is the absolute best weapon against those bomb throwing boss enemies, but crap against anything else.

The minigun also barely inks, is great against small groups of small enemies, ok against most boss characters individually, but useless when things get hectic (which is often).

The paintbrush is ok at inking, but can barely kill anything.

I love Salmon run, but it's excruciating when I get these weapons :indeed:.

Still, I'm up for some midnight (23:00 UK) Salmon run if anyone wants to play. Unless I'm not back home yet.

I'm up for some games tonight. The weapon choice for this Salmon Run isn't the best, especially the blaster, but the heavy splatling is god tier for some of the bosses. Don't forget that today's Salmon Run ends at 1am UK time, I wanna try and get the superbonus as I still haven't managed to get one yet.

Not gonna lie, Salmon Run is the sole redeeming feature of Splatoon 2.

It's way fun! Why can't Splatoon just be that? Way better than the actual main game.

I'll help tonight if you don't get a full room, I managed to already get my two Superbonuses, but it's just crazy fun. I suck at throwing bombs though, That Missile boss always causes me problems.

Edited by Glen-i

Went from over-achiever back to go-getter because of those weapons :blank:.

I'll make a room ad 23:00 UK / 00:00 CET (unless, like I said, I'm not back by then, but I'm pretty sure I will be).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Went from over-achiever back to go-getter because of those weapons :blank:.

I'll make a room ad 23:00 UK / 00:00 CET (unless, like I said, I'm not back by then, but I'm pretty sure I will be).

yeah I went from profreshional to over-achiever because of the weapon selection. Just like you said in your other post, some other weapons are terrible for this mode. Anything with limited fire rate makes it very difficult to get out of a situation where you are surrounded by small enemies. I think at the very least they should let you select which weapon you want to use from the 4, I know I do a lot better with rapid fire weapons in this mode.

On a side note, it seems Salmon run's are live for much longer now, the time table shows them lasting for 24 hours.

Edited by Helmsly

I'll be in-game in say 10 minutes, I'll make a room, and see who joins. unfortunately, I don't have any other means of communications during the game at this point, so just leave when you've had enough, I think I'll play Salmon run for about an hour. I'm not going to make it too late this night.

• Like 2

Sorry @Nicktendo We didn't realise you were coming back.

Great games though, managed to get another 3 shirts, one with a skill I like, so that's nice.

I guess next weekend, Splatfest will override everything, so... Maybe after that.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Sorry @Nicktendo We didn't realise you were coming back.

Great games though, managed to get another 3 shirts, one with a skill I like, so that's nice.

I guess next weekend, Splatfest will override everything, so... Maybe after that.

No worries, I tried to reconnect but the room kept showing as full so I went over to ranked mode.

No words can sum up how much I despise the blaster waepon. What an absolute piece of junk. 

Good games while it lasted, though. Finally got my superbonus! 4,000 coins. Yay.....

42 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

No worries, I tried to reconnect but the room kept showing as full so I went over to ranked mode.

No words can sum up how much I despise the blaster waepon. What an absolute piece of junk. 

Good games while it lasted, though. Finally got my superbonus! 4,000 coins. Yay.....

Yup, sorry, I used the function to fill up the last spot(s) with randoms, but it kept doing that for following games. I don't think there's an option to invite people in-game :|.

I could try to use a password next time, but I like having 4 people and don't mind randoms generally.

If someone has any better ideas to organise this and to co-ordinate.. I have only one electrical socket available here at the moment, so that's why I can only use either my Switch or my computer (.. a browser on my Switch would come in handy). I could buy some stuff so I could use my computer and something like discord (which I believe is what my other forum is using). I barely used voicechat in Mass Effect multiplayer (or any game for that matter) because my spoken English isn't as good as my written one,and because my computer is loud. But voice chat certainly would have helped here.

Edited by Sméagol

22 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

That's strange, I got something like 40,000 coins. You sure it was the superbonus? You get it at 600 points.

Edited by Glen-i

The superbonus was just a / some meal tickets I believe.. But you get various other bonusses in between. Together with selling the extra shirts, I got 50000+ in cash, amongst the other stuff. Though I had played some Salmon run in the morning a well.

11 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Disconnected... Will try to get back asap.

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Sorry @Nicktendo We didn't realise you were coming back....

10 hours ago, Sméagol said:

...I don't think there's an option to invite people in-game :|.

...But voice chat certainly would have helped here.

It's things like this which OS Level Party Chat would eliminate.

If you didn't have to be in the game, you could let people know you've disconnected and they could back out and regroup.

Theres a part of me that would enjoy a bit of Splatoon 2, but I just know that I'd get too annoyed by it's shit online, as I did the first.

Thanks Nintendo!

• Like 1

:D I'm really wishing splatoon 2 was available for the Wii U!

Salmon run sounds so much fun!

I obviously haven't played the game, but in splatoon I found persevering with a weapon ended up with me improving a lot. With snipers they often have secondary weapons/specials that, when used appropriately, made up for the rapid fire issues. For example, if there is an equivalent to bomb rush, the sniper could be used to pick off enemies (this mode could help you practice acquiring a target and shooting in a minimum of time) and then when you have bomb rush, hold onto it until you need to take out a whole bunch at closer range.
As I said, I haven't played so I don't know how feasible that is, but I think the main purpose of salmon run is to help (force :D) people to step out of their comfort zones which is precisely why they don't let people choose which of the weapons they use.

54 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

I obviously haven't played the game, but in splatoon I found persevering with a weapon ended up with me improving a lot. 

This is so true, I was awful with rollers and snipers in the first one, but I've persevered in this game and I'm pretty handy with both now. Snipers are the bomb in ranked mode.

9 hours ago, Kav said:

It's things like this which OS Level Party Chat would eliminate.

Yeah there should be at least some form of communication on the OS level for people on your friends list. I find it pretty shocking that I can't drop someone a simple message when they're online to set up a game. Especially considering that was an option on Wii U. There isn't even an option to send an automated invite to a game either.

3 hours ago, Pestneb said:

but I think the main purpose of salmon run is to help (force :D) people to step out of their comfort zones which is precisely why they don't let people choose which of the weapons they use.

Pretty much. Could you imagine what would happen if everyone chose rollers for Salmon Run? Sure, you'd totally beast grounded enemies, but as soon as one of those bomb tossing bosses shows up, you'd be in serious trouble.

Speaking of Rollers, that's the only weapon I have fun with in normal Splatoon. And only when I'm playing with @Ugh first aid, it turns into a roller competition between the two of us to contribute the most. And when we're on different teams, we'd inevitably run into each other and devolve into mashing ZR and flicking ink at each other in a massive panic. And that's always funny.

For the same reason, I have no interest in Ranked Mode. Team Shooters just ain't my thang.

• Like 1

I get why they'd choose such weapons in order to get other people to try them out, but they could balance things more. The last weapon set made Salmon run drastically more difficult than the weapon set before it. The one before that one, had a sniper, but the rest of the weapons were ok so it wasn't a huge problem. Or not as big at least. The rollers are actually pretty great for Salmon run. They're not the best at killing boss characters, but certainly not the worst either (those bomb throwing bosses are certainly doable, just use the vertical splash), but more importantly they have the best ink coverage, which is extremely important in Salmon run.

• Like 1