NEurope
Serebii

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Someone has datamined the drop rates of the rare blades and how the game decides when to give them to you. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-rare-blade-drop-rate-datamined.25171/

I love the response to that 0.7%? Pffft! Buncha Scrubs. Try recruiting a Kecleon in the first Mystery Dungeon.

Kecleon has a -33.9% Recruit Rate. Level 91-100 pokemon get a boost of 24%. Friend Bow gives an extra 10%. 34 - 33.9 = 0.1%.

I did it... Twice...

Oh, and here's the sequel's rate of Kecleon recruitment.

If you had a level 100 leader wearing a gold mask, your chances would be -0.5% of recruiting Kecleon, in other words, impossible.

Now if you had fast friend, which only gives 1% chance increase, that puts your chances up to 0.5%

Only 71 Pokémon can get "Fast Friend" And they all range from sucky to OK. Good luck!

• Haha 1

Some pretty cool posters are going up on the Japanese store, for anyone that’s interested.

Someone has datamined the drop rates of the rare blades and how the game decides when to give them to you. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-rare-blade-drop-rate-datamined.25171/

I don't really understand why they implemented this system for blades to be honest. Almost feels designed so that you won't get them all.

Would have been better to have them as some kind of sidequest to unlock each one, like guardian forces in Final Fantasy VIII.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I don't really understand why they implemented this system for blades to be honest. Almost feels designed so that you won't get them all.

Would have been better to have them as some kind of sidequest to unlock each one, like guardian forces in Final Fantasy VIII.

I agree. As we've seen with Kav, it just leads to a frustrating time trying to get the last ones. Something like this shouldn't be that much down to pure, real-world luck.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Agreed. I mean, some of them are unlocked by side quests but others aren't. Kinda makes you wonder if rushing the game out for a December release caused them to just use the random mechanic as a way to implement more Blades but without having come up with more ways to obtain them. Seems like pretty lazy game design, TBH.

• Like 1

Don't almost all blades have a unique side-quest, though? 

Maybe, but would have been nice to have the quest as the thing to unlock them though.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

Don't almost all blades have a unique side-quest, though? 

Kav would be better to ask about that. I remember getting one for the little girl lightning blade but not one for a few of the others I had.

My point is that this may have been their intention and not just an emergency solution in order to get the game out in 2017 as promised - if they have a unique side-quest that is. If not, then I agree fully that this was just a way to get it out fast.

Yeah, they have unique side-quests. Each of them flesh out the characters a little more, which is nice, but yes... these would have been preferable to the RNG!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Japan are absolutely crazy for the Gacha system. They love it.

Isn't this system usually to make money though in app games? There's no microtransactions in this so it seems weird to have such a system.

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:
54 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Isn't this system usually to make money though in app games? There's no microtransactions in this so it seems weird to have such a system.

Yes, but Japan eat it up, so I can see why they implemented it. I'm just super thankful they didn't decide to microtransaction the hell out of it.

Personally, I find it more annoying that you can't swap Blades between Drivers easily.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yes, but Japan eat it up, so I can see why they implemented it. I'm just super thankful they didn't decide to microtransaction the hell out of it.

Personally, I find it more annoying that you can't swap Blades between Drivers easily.

Yeah, especially since the blades are random - I have so many ATK-blades attached to Nia and only a single HLR - I used an overdrive protocol to transfer Ursula to her but that shouldn't really be so rare.

57 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, especially since the blades are random - I have so many ATK-blades attached to Nia and only a single HLR - I used an overdrive protocol to transfer Ursula to her but that shouldn't really be so rare.

If you have any 4 Star Common Blades fill out their affinity charts, when you release one who’s chart has been finished you receive an Overdrive Protocol.

Thats what I’m doing at the mo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kav said:

If you have any 4 Star Common Blades fill out their affinity charts, when you release one who’s chart has been finished you receive an Overdrive Protocol.

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna focus on when I do my New Game+ run next week.

I want to use Wulfric, but Rex functions as my healer and it's going to waste.

EDIT: Actually, while we're talking about Rare Blades, now that the game's been out for a while, what are everyone's favourites?

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Pandoria wins it for me. Only fitting that the best character starts off with the best Blade. Whenever she and Zeke are in a conversation, inevitable funny is not too far behind.

Case in point.

I also like Roc (Even if I did think the shoulder bags were boobs at first glance), Herald (Because she looks uncannily like Zekrom), and Ursula (Just a good female design in general, and in a game with the likes of Pyra, that's sorely needed, also Polar Bears!)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kav said:

I have seen no such blade at all. Mostly 2 star, a few 3 star, and then the Rare Blades. So they are still too rare for what their purpose is. I'd rather you could buy them or trade them, though it's okay if they are expensive.

• Like 1

Been playing through a couple of chapters now during my Australia trip, and this game is just getting more addictive by the minute! I'm currently only at chapter 5, and have about 15 rare blades (most of them from common cores, actually!). I've started doing side quests more and more, and I'm enjoying the grind in this game.

Two thing that I think the game is missing though, is a model viewer, which you usually find in JRPGs, and a music player. Some of the tunes are incredible ❤. Like so many othershave said, this is 2017's biggest surprise for the Switch :D

Edited by ArtMediocre

OST release coming to Japan on Wednesday 23rd May.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Thanks 2

Entered Chapter 9 yesterday evening. From my gatherings, that should be a pretty short chapter. 

Anyone started New Game Plus yet? Does it over write the original save file?

I think I remember reading it would carry over all Blades you have (I got them all yay) but does it also carry over their skill trees? I've got most maxed and only one Blade Quest left....the slow grind that is Urasula's quests :p

If I start NG+ will all her skill stuff reset or am I better to try finish her damned quest (got like 2770 fans out of the required 5000 so little over half way) on normal file first?

11 hours ago, Mokong said:

Anyone started New Game Plus yet? Does it over write the original save file?

I think I remember reading it would carry over all Blades you have (I got them all yay) but does it also carry over their skill trees? I've got most maxed and only one Blade Quest left....the slow grind that is Urasula's quests :p

If I start NG+ will all her skill stuff reset or am I better to try finish her damned quest (got like 2770 fans out of the required 5000 so little over half way) on normal file first?

Your save data gets overwritten the moment you save.

The affinity charts get carried over but Merc Quests and Normal Quests don't. So I'm not sure if Ursula's fans will get reset, depends on whether it's tied to the Merc Quests or the Key Items you get from them, you might wanna start a New Game+, just to see if the stamps get carried over. If not, you can always not save and back up to your completed file.

Just started Chapter 10.

Spoiler

The final fights against Jin and Amalthus were really easy, had a lot harder time with the unique robot thing just outside that fight (it OHKO'd me a couple of time, don't know how). I guess the new power Pyra / Mythra got is a lot stronger than it ought to be. Now on to the Architect to get some answers to questions I forgot because it's been 90 hours since they were asked - and four months.

I'll definitely not get all rare blades, only the ones I can get from side quests. Still need about 10, I think, and the grind to get them and the reward for doing so makes it just not worth it.