NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Sonic Forces (2017)

maybe nothing... but there's no mention of the nx being a tentative title.... and it mentions Nintendo trademarks... the only remotely Nintendo thing are those two letters, "NX"... is NX the final name, and could that be the final logo??

Does look like it's basically Generations 2.

I did like that they started it off basically saying "From the guys who made the modern Sonic games people actually liked"

Interesting to see an NX announcement here.

It would be a tremendous shame if it played more like Generations/Colours than Lost World. LW was a tragically misunderstood game, with some really good and solid gameplay (just taught really poorly to the player) while Unleashed/Colours/Modern Sonic basically plays itself and only half of Generations is even worth playing :heh:

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah it's such an inconvenient time for that. We've already got Game Freak providing us with enough weird anthropomorphic characters right now ;)

So there is this and Sonic Mania but no NX release for Sonic Mania?

seems kinda odd.

Yeah it's such an inconvenient time for that. We've already got Game Freak providing us with enough weird anthropomorphic characters right now ;)

I was more referring to the Sonic Cycle :p

SonicCycle.png

It's going to be Generations 2 but every level will be based on Sonic 2006.

The 2d game is way more exciting than this, but I hope this turns out decent. It's about time Sonic regained some of his former glory.

I was more referring to the Sonic Cycle :p

SonicCycle.png

I have been on the internet before thanks.

Part of that cycle is the new friends bit ;).

Edited by Ashley

I never understood the "Sonic cycle". The good ones looked good from the start, while the turds always looked like turds.

The title was just revealed during the SXSW SEGA panel as Sonic Forces.

Gameplay footage was also shown (and can currently be found on YT, though I assume it will be taken down sooner rather than later) with gameplay impressions (possibly footage too?) expected tomorrow from those covering the game at the event.

Why is every Sonic game built around a novelty these days? Can't they see their approach is broken?

Needless to say looking forward to Mania much more than this.

I think it looks delicious. Looks like the unleashed day levels as Retro says. Only a good thing IMO

They brought back Wisps again? They should have left them in Colours. :/

Can't say the visuals are particularly appealing, at least in this level. It all looks a bit generic.

Edited by Ronnie

Why is every Sonic game built around a novelty these days? Can't they see their approach is broken?

Needless to say looking forward to Mania much more than this.

I'm somewhat confused by this comment. None of what we saw so far is a "novelty". Everything we saw in that trailer are concepts introduced in Unleashed, Colours, or Generations. Even the "ruined city" aesthetic has been part of Sonic games for over a decade.

Honestly, I'd say Sonic Mania's return to roots via indie developer is the actual novelty.

The novelty to me is "Forces", having two Sonics from different games... which was fun in generations but is generally fourth-wall breaking, putting it in a war-ridden universe suddenly.

I'd rather it was just Sonic and good level design that follows the aesthetics from the mega-drive era. It bugs me when the world looks like it's inhabited by humans....

I think my big issue with Sonic actually, is I grew up reading Sonic the Comic, which did such fantastic things to build a great Sonic universe/canon, which pales in comparison to anything the games have done.

The novelty to me is "Forces", having two Sonics from different games... which was fun in generations but is generally fourth-wall breaking, putting it in a war-ridden universe suddenly.

I'd rather it was just Sonic and good level design that follows the aesthetics from the mega-drive era. It bugs me when the world looks like it's inhabited by humans....

I think my big issue with Sonic actually, is I grew up reading Sonic the Comic, which did such fantastic things to build a great Sonic universe/canon, which pales in comparison to anything the games have done.

That's fair, but those aren't what I'd call a "novelty" :heh: They're all elements that have been there for a while (even the juxtaposition of Classic Sonic in a destroyed city already happened in Generations).

I know it sounds like a nitpick, but in this series, a needless novelty tends to be stuff like the Werehog, the sword, fishing levels, and other gameplay elements that add nothing decent to the experience (and often feel like the wrong genre entirely). So far, nothing of the sort came up.

I don't understand the sonic cycle either. Every single sonic game is bad to average and it aint going to change now :)

Expect Sonic Racing, that was a good sonic game.

Sign in to follow this