NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

I was wondering who got the most in the Prem for 2016 and I'm surprised that it was actually us, even with our abysmal season last year!

[tweet]811272011695669248[/tweet]

It's a shame that Pardew has gone. But, it says a lot about other British choices when the next best thing is Allerdyce. This country desperately needs the next crop of young, talented managers to come through.

It's a shame that Pardew has gone. But, it says a lot about other British choices when the next best thing is Allerdyce. This country desperately needs the next crop of young, talented managers to come through.

Eddie Howe is doing just that.

Eddie Howe is doing just that.

Eddie Howe is regarded as an absolute God down here. I've been in Bournemouth for around 7 years now and it's been crazy to see how things have improved. The quality of football that the club play is excellent and he is very positive and progressive.

I hope that he inspires the next generation of managers to come through who are hungry for success. There's also fantastic loyalty there between manager, club, staff, players and fan base and it's helped him to spend nearly a decade managing that team. We need more like him.

Good performance against Sunderland! Mkhi's goal was fantastic, even if it was offside. Thought Pogba was excellent today and that midfield just functions really well with both Herrera (best player for us this season, imo) and Carrick in there. I was a bit critical of Zlatan's signing but he's been brilliant in the majority of our games. Another goal today!

I didn't hold out much hope for Bournemouth today, not with how Chelsea are going.

Good performance against Sunderland! Mkhi's goal was fantastic, even if it was offside. Thought Pogba was excellent today and that midfield just functions really well with both Herrera (best player for us this season, imo) and Carrick in there. I was a bit critical of Zlatan's signing but he's been brilliant in the majority of our games. Another goal today!

I didn't hold out much hope for Bournemouth today, not with how Chelsea are going.

Football legend, top scorer of Ligue 1 by a country mile last season, and someone who can act as a target man - all on a free transfer - and you were critical of the signing? Dude!

I was a bit skeptical of his powers before he came too, I'll admit, but you're not going to say no to a player with his record.

Hopefully this run of form will continue. The beast midfield is working well for us at the moment, just wonder how many goals it will generate in the long run. Maybe it's a blessing because Pogba can do what he likes in this system i.e. assist more and belt in some edge-of-the-box beauties.

12 wins on the bounce, 28 goals scored, 2 conceded. The turn-around after the losses to Liverpool and Arsenal is fantastic, brilliant by Conte!

Football legend, top scorer of Ligue 1 by a country mile last season, and someone who can act as a target man - all on a free transfer - and you were critical of the signing? Dude!

I was a bit skeptical of his powers before he came too, I'll admit, but you're not going to say no to a player with his record.

Hopefully this run of form will continue. The beast midfield is working well for us at the moment, just wonder how many goals it will generate in the long run. Maybe it's a blessing because Pogba can do what he likes in this system i.e. assist more and belt in some edge-of-the-box beauties.

I didn't think that we'd incorporate a system that played to his strengths or that the midfield would be able to support him. This was before Mkhi and Pogba signed for the club. I also wondered if he would have the pace and strength needed for the league. I obviously wouldn't say no to the transfer, but I wasn't certain he was the "right" player we needed at that time. I'm more than happy to admit that I've been proven wrong and that he's been excellent for the club.

Not surprised to see that Swansea have sacked Bob Bradley. That club is a mess and they've been in free fall since the sacking of Garry Monk. They were on a bad run at the end of his tenure, but I'm certain that he would have pulled them through it. I think they'll go down this season.

I do feel sorry for Bob Bradley, I hoped he'd do well in the Premier League but in the end he didn't really do anything for Swansea. I expected him to provide them with a bit of defensive stability but they seem to let in 3 or 4 every week so it clearly just hasn't been working for him.

I do feel sorry for Bob Bradley, I hoped he'd do well in the Premier League but in the end he didn't really do anything for Swansea. I expected him to provide them with a bit of defensive stability but they seem to let in 3 or 4 every week so it clearly just hasn't been working for him.

I don't know what the board expected. Brought him into take over an under performing squad and don't even give him a transfer window.

Can't wait for the Old Firm on New Years Eve. Glasgow is going to be buzzing.

I don't know what the board expected. Brought him into take over an under performing squad and don't even give him a transfer window.

Can't wait for the Old Firm on New Years Eve. Glasgow is going to be buzzing.

Yeah, it's pretty shameful.

I do wonder if it should only be possible to sack managers during the transfer windows. To not even be given a transfer window to bring in some better players is awful.

You guys need to watch Match of the day tonight, you thought Mkhytarians goal was awesome last week then you need to see Girouds goal today, it's even better, plus it was onside. :p

Just like last season Man U and Arsenal are behind Leicester!

Goal no 2 (1 ain't bad either!)

Edit: can't embed tweet videos...

Edited by Phube

Grrrrr! .

Spurs showed everyone how to beat Man City, now we have Chelsea. Obviously amazing for me, but I think good for the league too; let's close it up and get competitive.

What are everyones thoughts on the World Cup expanding to 48 teams? I think in principal it's a good idea to increase participation but the format they've outlined is just ridiculous. I'd much rather they added extra groups to the group stage and have another knockout round before the last 16, adding a second group stage with 3 teams in each group is just crazy. Also the supposed distribution of the extra places doesn't seem to highlight African, Asian and Oceanic teams as much as it should.

Awful idea. There are too many god awful teams in the qualifying rounds. Personally I think it should be like the FA Cup, all these really low ranked, part time national teams play each other, and reduce the qualification groups for the higher ranked teams. Bit harsh maybe, but it's pointless and part of the reason people have fallen out of love of the national game. Expanding it will make it even more appalling.

Just look at how respected the Europa league isn't. When any two bob team can get in, it reduces how special it is.

I have no problem with extra teams, but the 3 team group format is terrible.

Any format where you can come third in your group and still go on and win *cough* Portugal, is rubbish. Plus I read a post on Reddit which outlined how common it will be to get teams colluding during the final match with this format.

Clearly what should happen is:

48 teams, 12 groups of 4 teams, top two in each group progress.

Knockout round, 12 games leading to 12 teams in the quarter finals and 6 teams in the semis.

Three teams in the final, two balls, three goals. Boom!

I'd watch it.