NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

Yep, bar Man City and the odd half, we've been terrible all season. Worrying that a few injuries and we can't play - though Kane, Demeble and Toby being out so much would hurt any team, but still worrying.

That top four looks about right for the end of the season, as does the bottom three. The positions will change, but the teams involved in both of those brackets look like a good fit.

I can't see United getting top four with the way that the other teams are playing. Yes, there's a long way to go. Yes, teams will drop points. But, we're far too inconsistent at the moment and I'm not sure when it's all going to click.

Even if United win today, we would be 9 points behind Chelsea, after only 13 games. That's a lot of ground to make up. Our only hope is that Arsenal capitulate later in the season and leave the door open.

Well that's obviously not true, but also funny that he thinks Man U will get even close... they'll be lucky for 6th!

Why is it always Arsenal who are going to drop out the top 4. Every year we prove the pundits wrong. #Top4Trophy

Behave Flink we're winning it mate. >_>

Genuinely think this could finally be "Liverpool's year". Wouldn't surprise me.

Well that's obviously not true, but also funny that he thinks Man U will get even close... they'll be lucky for 6th!

I'm just shocked that you're posting at all. Usually you disappear for weeks on end after a defeat. :)

David Moyes doesnt look like he did that bad a job at United now. More points than Mourinho at the same stage of the season and didn't have the luxury of the worlds most expensive player.

David Moyes doesnt look like he did that bad a job at United now. More points than Mourinho at the same stage of the season and didn't have the luxury of the worlds most expensive player.

Nah, Moyes took on United when they were on a high and had just won the league. They were the best team in the country at that point. Mourinho is working with a team who were fifth best last season, didn't play great football and against tougher teams who have also strengthened massively over the last few years. Plus, new managers like Klopp and Guardiola in the league who are proven winners.

United were fantastic tonight. Completely dominated the game and actually finished their chances off. I want to see this team start more often.

Nah, Moyes took on United when they were on a high and had just won the league. They were the best team in the country at that point. Mourinho is working with a team who were fifth best last season, didn't play great football and against tougher teams who have also strengthened massively over the last few years. Plus, new managers like Klopp and Guardiola in the league who are proven winners.

United were fantastic tonight. Completely dominated the game and actually finished their chances off. I want to see this team start more often.

Almost everyone agrees that the team Moyes inherited only won the league because of how great Sir Alex was. RVP didn't play anywhere near to the same level the following season. No one else could've got them to play that well again.

Mourinho for the past 18 month hasn't been a great manager. Last season with Chelsea was shocking and this season with United hasn't been much better.

What a crazy game, the ref gave City nothing but the red cards at the end, haha.

There were chances at both ends but City couldn't finish, that 4 yard miss from De Bruyne..! We took ours nicely enough though.

Should be out of sight but Chamberlain in particulars final ball has been shocking. Could see Carroll coming off the bench to salvage a point or get all 3 if we don't take some of our chances.

I would love it if Chelsea win it this year (and it looks like they might). Not because i'm a fan of them, but because Kante would then have won the league twice in a row with two different teams. I can imagine him on the phone home to his mum: "Yeah maman, this league is really easy. I jut strolled in and won it twice!"

This is just utter filth...

[tweet]805132792195588100[/tweet]

...just wow!

I would love it if Chelsea win it this year (and it looks like they might). Not because i'm a fan of them, but because Kante would then have won the league twice in a row with two different teams. I can imagine him on the phone home to his mum: "Yeah maman, this league is really easy. I jut strolled in and won it twice!"

I was discussing this in my LCFC forum, but other than Cantona (Leeds-Man U) has anyone won the Prem/top division in subsequent years with two teams?

It has to be a rare achievement, because not many players will move from a title winning team! (Damn you Kantè!)

I bet the Manchester teams will start a bidding war next summer!

Should be out of sight but Chamberlain in particulars final ball has been shocking. Could see Carroll coming off the bench to salvage a point or get all 3 if we don't take some of our chances.

I thought the Ox was much improved yesterday. Coquelin and Xhaka were superb and Gabriel done a professional job covering right back. Sanchez speaks for himself.

Didn't like the Olympic Stadium, soulless arena, nothing around it. I can imagine it was great in 2012 but it's not built for football.

@dazzybee your man Dele up to the Tom Daley's again? No pens no points for Spurs.

Didn't like the Olympic Stadium, soulless arena, nothing around it. I can imagine it was great in 2012 but it's not built for football.

Must've felt like a home game.

No pens no points for Spurs.

Did we score 5 penalties yesterday? Didn't see MOTD so don't know...

Must've felt like a home game.

Did we score 5 penalties yesterday? Didn't see MOTD so don't know...

It did, that's why we were singing "is this the Emirates?".

Don't dodge it mate. Your boy is a cheat. Must have kept the footage of Bale and passed it on down the training ground.

I hope Chelsea don't go and blow £60 million on Bonucci in Jan. Our defence is sound and still have Terry and Zouma on the bench, no need to rock the boat.

I hope Chelsea don't go and blow £60 million on Bonucci in Jan. Our defence is sound and still have Terry and Zouma on the bench, no need to rock the boat.

We just need bring back Andreas Christensen off loan. He's a great defender!

Almost everyone agrees that the team Moyes inherited only won the league because of how great Sir Alex was. RVP didn't play anywhere near to the same level the following season. No one else could've got them to play that well again.

Mourinho for the past 18 month hasn't been a great manager. Last season with Chelsea was shocking and this season with United hasn't been much better.

Maybe in Scotland. Almost everyone I know down here (United fans, rival fans and neutrals) agree that Moyes made a series of poor decisions which led to his downfall. Getting rid of the back room staff, giving Rooney a HUGE deal when he handed in his second transfer request, buying Fellaini AFTER missing an opportunity to get him for cheaper, not buying anyone else except for Fellaini which solved nothing, completely fucking up the Herrera deal when it was ready for him on a plate. To top it off, the football was dire. Everything was there for him to come in and steady the ship, but he made a mess of it himself. Nothing to do with Fergie setting the bar too high. Moyes' decision making cost him.

Not a great result tonight. The football we're playing is the right kind, but we can't finish for shit. We're one fantastic striker short and it just happens to be the most important part that you need to win games.

Great win for United at the weekend. Only blemishes are the Mkhit injury and that we could only score the one goal.

Herrera, Pogba and Carrick as a midfield three look excellent. Herrera, in particular, was just awesome. He did everything yesterday. One of our most important players. However, Martial was actually awful yesterday. Darmian had a poor game, too. We had absolutely nothing from the left hand side of the pitch and near-enough all of the Spurs attacks came from that side. That does need sorting out.

The draw for the UEFA Champions League Round of 16:

Man City v Monaco

Real Madrid v Napoli

Benfica v Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich v Arsenal

FC Porto v Juventus

Bayer Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid

PSG v Barcelona

Sevilla v Leicester

Well I think we all expected Arsenal to draw Bayern, but Man City and Leicester couldn't have asked for much better draws.

We just need bring back Andreas Christensen off loan. He's a great defender!

My name is Anders Christian so plenty of banter with the Chelsea boys about why I don't get a game.

The draw for the UEFA Champions League Round of 16:

Man City v Monaco

Real Madrid v Napoli

Benfica v Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich v Arsenal

FC Porto v Juventus

Bayer Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid

PSG v Barcelona

Sevilla v Leicester

Well I think we all expected Arsenal to draw Bayern, but Man City and Leicester couldn't have asked for much better draws.

I actually want to watch all of those. They could all be potentially great games.

Can see both Leicester and City progressing. Arsenal's is too close to call. Wouldn't be surprised if they go out on away goals.