NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

Incredible finish from Kane. Why did this game only get interesting late on?!

2-2 is a fair result for both teams.

Goddamn it. Should have held on to win it but we messed up an opportunity to hold the ball on the counter and slipped up at the back again. Rollercoaster doesn't even come close to describing that. So close to victory.

Incredible finish from Kane. Why did this game only get interesting late on?!

2-2 is a fair result for both teams.

Probably because we had to actually try and salvage something.

I feel we had the wrong mentality going into this game. We seemed to be happy to sit back and pass around, instead of playing with passion and having a right go. No offence to Scotland, but had we played like this against a more aggressive team then we would have been stuffed.

Probably because we had to actually try and salvage something.

I feel we had the wrong mentality going into this game. We seemed to be happy to sit back and pass around, instead of playing with passion and having a right go. No offence to Scotland, but had we played like this against a more aggressive team then we would have been stuffed.

Yeah, have to agree with all of that. A team like Germany or Spain would have tanked us in this game.

We need to dictate games a lot more. Sometimes it's better to unlock a defence with 3 or 4 incisive passes than it is to have 5 minutes of the ball with 40 passes and go nowhere. I much prefer quicker, attacking football. Even if it leaves you a bit more vulnerable sometimes defensively, you'll create more.

So who's watching the Confederations Cup? Russia opened the tournament yesterday with a comfortable 2-0 win over New Zealand.

Portugal v Mexico on right now and the tournament is using the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) which has already seen some use ruling out a Pepe goal for offside in the build up.

So who's watching the Confederations Cup? Russia opened the torunament yesterday with a comfortable 2-0 win over New Zealand.

Portugal v Mexico on right now and the tournament is using the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) which has already seen some use ruling out a Pepe goal for offside in the build up.

Didn't realise it was on. Will have it on in the background whilst I do some work at home.

Edit: Ronaldo just set up the opener. 1-0 Portugal. :D