NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

I can see Liverpool and Arsenal missing out on the Top 4. Wouldn't surprise me if Everton finished above Liverpool, Koeman made some good January signings.

Top 4 Prediction

1. Chelsea

2. Spurs

3. Man United

4. Man City

Every season Arsenal are predicted not to finish top 4 but when does it ever happen?

A good victory today. Mata's movement was the shit. One of the best games I've seen him play in a United shirt.

I fully expect City and Chelsea to win their games. Still, there's barely anything in it from 2nd to 6th.

Liverpool were outstanding against Spurs, particularly in the first half :hehe: It was great to see us return to that level of performance and hopefully we can maintain this for the remainder of the season. If we do, we should be in the mix for a Champions League spot!

It's a shame Chelsea are so far ahead because 6 teams in the hunt for the title would have been amazing at this stage of the season given how close the chasing pack are!

That was the best weekend of results in terms of top 6 excitement. Hopefully Man City and Chelsea both lose.

Liverpool were outstanding against Spurs, particularly in the first half :hehe: It was great to see us return to that level of performance and hopefully we can maintain this for the remainder of the season. If we do, we should be in the mix for a Champions League spot!

It's a shame Chelsea are so far ahead because 6 teams in the hunt for the title would have been amazing at this stage of the season given how close the chasing pack are!

I watched the game and thought Liverpool were fantastic in the first half. They dropped off in the second and Spurs came into it more. Mane should have scored about 4 or 5!

That was the best weekend of results in terms of top 6 excitement. Hopefully Man City and Chelsea both lose.

Well, Chelsea are drawing away from home against Burnley. Fingers crossed!

I hope Bournemouth destroy City 10-0. And that City get all of their players sent off. Aaaaaand I hope that their team bus gets a puncture on the way back.

Burnley gave us a right game there, their goal was great, what a free kick!

Still, extended the lead.

Still, extended the lead.

12 to 10 is not an extension good sir.

If we had beaten Watford and not lost to Chelsea we'd be right in the mix. :angry:

If we had beaten Watford and not lost to Chelsea we'd be right in the mix. :angry:

9 to 10 is though...

9 to 10 is though...

Indeed!

Don't start thinking higher than your station now Ramar. :p

9 to 10 is though...

That's not how it works though. If Chelsea had won no one would be saying they've extended their lead, it would have stayed the same.

That's not how it works though. If Chelsea had won no one would be saying they've extended their lead, it would have stayed the same.

But Tottenham lost...so they would have extended their lead over them by 3. Instead, they extended their lead by 1.

And pretty much every article I read was talking about Chelsea potentially extending their lead if they beat Burnley.

But Tottenham lost...so they would have extended their lead over them by 3. Instead, they extended their lead by 1.

And pretty much every article I read was talking about Chelsea potentially extending their lead if they beat Burnley.

I forgot about Tottenham. Ignore me, and continue ignoring them.

That's it, I've officially given up hope of staying up!

At least life's never dull at Leicester:

2008 - relegation to league 1 (first time on the 3rd tier in our history)

2009 - League 1 Champions

2010 - Play-offs

2011 - Mid table obscurity

2012 - "

2013 - Play-offs

2014 - Championship Champions

2015 - Greatest escape ever from Prem Relegation

2016 - Premier League Champions!

2017 - Relegation Fodder (& Champion's League knock out phase)

I defy any team to have had a more ridiculous 10 year period... ever!

That's it, I've officially given up hope of staying up!

At least life's never dull at Leicester:

2008 - relegation to league 1 (first time on the 3rd tier in our history)

2009 - League 1 Champions

2010 - Play-offs

2011 - Mid table obscurity

2012 - "

2013 - Play-offs

2014 - Championship Champions

2015 - Greatest escape ever from Prem Relegation

2016 - Premier League Champions!

2017 - Relegation Fodder (& Champion's League knock out phase)

I defy any team to have had a more ridiculous 10 year period... ever!

I feel like Leicester are just consolidating their power and luck, in order to make a fairy tale run in the Champions League.

8 point gap, grrr. 2 horse race, eh @dazzybee?

I'm not fickle like that, I don't to and from based on a weekends results. I didn't expect much different either; Tottenham now don't have any difficult games. Not saying we'll win every game, but we've played the top half away from home so now just bottom half away games and think we can beat anyone at home. Don't think we'll drop too many points from now on.

Football is amazing. Wenger says he thinks arsenal fans should be like Tottenham fans, then puts his team out to do this.... guess it's OUT on the wengerkoke!!!!

If the team were like the tiny Totts we'd be playing tomorrow night instead....

Wow it's a game of who'll be more embarking this round: Barcelona, Arsenal or Leicester getting murdered by Sevilla?

Place your bets now!

If the team were like the tiny Totts we'd be playing tomorrow night instead....

I'm so jealous. I wish we got absolutely annihilated by Bayern Munich....

I think Wenger deserves a huge amount of respect for the job he's done at Arsenal. To get into the last 16 of the Champions League that many times in succession is an achievement I don't think we'll ever see broken by an English club. As a neutral it's impossible not to admire both him and the club, particularly in comparison to the likes of Chelsea, Man City and United who in the last 10 years have all spent their way to success. Bar Ozil and Alexis Sanchez (maybe Xhaka), Arsenal haven't splashed out silly money on players every few years and have still enjoyed a top-4 finish, consistently, while living well within their means, even against a backdrop of building and moving to a new stadium. It must be awful as an Arsenal fan to come so close, so often and still not taste a huge amount of success, but given the way the club is run, it's not really surprising.

I do wonder what the reaction will be if Wenger leaves and Arsenal don't finish in the top 4 next season. Plus I'll be gutted to miss out on all those videos of upset Arsenal fans calling for his head.

Complete myth about spending; in the past 5 years they're third in the table, ahead of Chelsea on net spend.

Also Spurs are 19th....

They've spent pretty big, this summer they spent near 70m on 2 players in mustafi and Xhaka, plus 17 on Perez.

Also Spurs are 19th....

Any club that sold a player for nearly 100 million Euros would be low on the table. Doesn't mean you didn't overpay for the likes of Lamela, Sissoko and Soldado (lol).