NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Spider-Man (PS4)

That's a funny way to refer to QTEs! :p I think they took off in Shenmue and gained notoriety from Resident Evil games more than anything. They are definitely the only offputting part of what otherwise looks very promising.

I'm usually ok with QTEs when used for cinematic moments so I'm happy enough with this. We only saw a bit of swinging around the city but it looked good enough. Thats the bit they really need to nail for me. I played Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-man for months and months after I completed the story just because swinging around the city was so fun.

I don't think the QTEs are that much of a problem when the E is so damn cinematic. Seriously, that crane sequence looked amaze-man!

New York looks incredible too! I really hope it's fully open world.

I hope there's a lot of secret stuff to find throughout the city, maybe costumes to unlock.

This looks fucking brilliant. There were countless times when something incredible happened and I just went "ooooh" or made a sound to that effect. :heh:

I'm not even a big fan of Spider-man, but the trailer sold me on it.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I'm not even a big fan of Spiderman, but the trailer sold me on it.

I can tell that by the way you misspell his name :cry:

I can tell that by the way you misspell his name :cry:

Damn, didn't even realise I did that. :p

I hope this lives up to expectations. The first half was great, looked fun.

It seems we may do some Peter Parker stuff as well.

Looks pretty, and it's cool they appear to have something resembling a story, but c'mon. No one plays Spiderman games for the story.

Show us the web swinging.

Game Informer have put out an exclusive coverage trailer, as they will be posting exclusive online features about the game throughout the month of April in conjunction with their newest issue.

It’s ever so short, but the snippets we got of gameplay (and web-swinging) look awesome. 

Really looking forward to this. Didn't enjoy Homecoming at all, so hope that this will give me what I need. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention: you can see what seems to be an alt. costume with a more classically Spider-Man look (i.e. without the white) at 0:24/0:25. 

I think this is the game I’m most excited for this year. The first video game that I completed was Activision’s Spider-Man for PS1 (and the second was its sequel) with my dad, and I’ve had a love for the character as far back as I can remember. I’m really hoping it lives up to the hype as the spiritual successor of Spider-Man 2

As long you can slide down upstairs down from the ceiling then I'm hyped for a great spider-man game on PS4. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DriftKaiser said:

As long you can slide down upstairs down from the ceiling then I'm hyped for a great spider-man game on PS4. 

I’m sorry but...what?:confused:

Unless there’s a pretty big miscommunication going on here (everyone and their grandmother seems to be running with it but the tweet seems a bit more ambiguous than many are letting on), the release date for the game might dropping tomorrow with the digital issue of this month’s Game Informer. If not, then seemingly by the end of the month. Either way: the hype is real.

Seems very odd that we’d be hearing a Spidey release date tomorrow/by the end of the month, some two months out from E3. Unless...

April - God of War

May - Detroit Become Human

June - Spider-Man ?

Edited by Julius Caesar

Lv4grUBgbcDzgnW5t2EvH5.jpg

Spider-Man swings onto PS4 September 7th! 

This month’s GI includes a 14-page spread on the game’s early story, levelling, suit crafting, exploring the open world, side quests and upgrades. 

UPDATE 1:

The game is now available for pre-order, which will come with a pack of three Spidey suits. The first revealed is the Punk suit, with the next to be revealed soon (Infinity War tie-in, I’d assume) and the other to be revealed in July.

UPDATE 2:

DZ8oPFWU8AEu3Hv?format=png

First look at the game’s box cover art, which looks great. 

The reveal of the Digital Deluxe Edition also revealed that the game will have post-launch DLC.

jpg

The Digital Deluxe edition of the game ($79.99 MSRP) will include a copy of the game as well as new story chapters with our post-launch DLC series – Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps. That’s right, we’ll be supporting the game post-launch and you’ll be getting three new chapters each with new missions, new villains and characters, and additional suits for Spider-Man.

The Collector’s Edition also seems pretty awesome.

spiderman-collect-1099190.jpeg

The Collector’s Edition ($149.99 MSRP, while supplies last) includes all of the digital content from the Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as a Steelbook case featuring the iconic white spider, Mini Artbook from Titan Books, and an awesome Marvel’s Spider-Man statue by Gentle Giant. Pay extra special attention to the statue though and you’ll notice something is obviously missing. We haven’t revealed the entire statue for the Collector’s Edition, just Spider-Man perched on top of something. What could that be? It’s too spoilery to show you now, but stay tuned!

Don’t worry, though, because you’ll be able to pick up all of the pre-order bonus content without a pre-order, presumably on the PlayStation Store.

That said – no matter where you buy it, or which edition you get, you have a chance to grab these pre-order items. Whether it’s a Spidey-Suit Pack featuring Spider-Punk, as well as a couple suits we will reveal this summer, the Spider-Drone gadget, a PSN avatar, an original PS4 theme designed by renowned comic book artist Adi Granov, or just some extra skill points to unlock faster web-swinging sooner – our pre-order bonus is the total package.

UPDATE 3

Photo mode confirmed.

NxEKdKS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

kBN5FtZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

JVHSkNQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

QHAl4M1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 3

I hope this will be to the Spider-man game series what the Arkham games were for Batman. It's all shaping up really nicely. Finger's crossed!

2 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I hope this will be to the Spider-man game series what the Arkham games were for Batman. It's all shaping up really nicely. Finger's crossed!

Well, this quote from Game Informer should please you.

"I walked away from Spider-Man with one word in mind: Amazing. Insomniac is poised to do for Spider-Man what Rocksteady did for Batman. Only experienced a small part of what will be in the final product, but what I played is exactly what I want from a Spider-Man game"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, this quote from Game Informer should please you.

"I walked away from Spider-Man with one word in mind: Amazing. Insomniac is poised to do for Spider-Man what Rocksteady did for Batman. Only experienced a small part of what will be in the final product, but what I played is exactly what I want from a Spider-Man game"

oh-snap.gif

• Haha 2

Glad to hear the new Spider-Man game is looking like it will be a good one. It's on my "to buy" list although it was only as a possibility, mainly down to the fact that Insomniac was making it and they earned my trust through the Ratchet & Clank series.

7 hours ago, DriftKaiser said:

Spider-Man-Marvel-Comics-Peter-Parker-Pr

Ahhh. Slide down while hanging upside down. You threw an upstairs in there and that quite confused my drunken mind. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sign in to follow this