NEurope
Choze

Overwatch

And here I thought @Hero\-of\-Time bought Overwatch...

*disappointed*

Well I've finally bought it, hit me up on PSN if you need a player. Though only being level 4 right now might be a problem.

Well I've finally bought it, hit me up on PSN if you need a player. Though only being level 4 right now might be a problem.

Not sure if we're PS4 friends but if anyone sees me on and wants to jump into a game feel free! Can't promise I'm particularly good despite my level though...

Not sure if we're PS4 friends but if anyone sees me on and wants to jump into a game feel free! Can't promise I'm particularly good despite my level though...

Yeah really enjoyed them with you and Drift! Some tricky ones and some easy ones, felt quite a nice balance.

Yeah really enjoyed them with you and Drift! Some tricky ones and some easy ones, felt quite a nice balance.

Hero stacking will be disabled for competitive in a future update. Awesome. : peace:

Hero stacking will be disabled for competitive in a future update. Awesome. : peace:

Some nice games with @Rummy there!

Yeah we had a lot of easy wins. Especially that match where we prevented an entire team from leave their spawn zone until the countdown expired.

Some nice games with @Rummy there!

Yeah we had a lot of easy wins. Especially that match where we prevented an entire team from leave their spawn zone until the countdown expired.

Great games last night :D was ace to play in a six-man squad (briefly, before Dan's router said no).

Great games last night :D was ace to play in a six-man squad (briefly, before Dan's router said no).

Bought this for the PC rather than PS4 (sorry guys - although still may purchase it for PS4).

As an Overwatch noob do any of you have any tips?

I know it's very much teamwork based so picking a character that compliments other teammates is important. Whether you're defending etc influences character choice as well from what I've read.

Any other info that might be useful? I'd appreciate it :)

Bought this for the PC rather than PS4 (sorry guys - although still may purchase it for PS4).

I know it's very much teamwork based so picking a character that compliments other teammates is important. Whether you're defending etc influences character choice as well from what I've read.

Any other info that might be useful? I'd appreciate it :)

Tip: get it on PS4 so you can play with us :p

Genuine tips: just play with every character until you find your groove. Nobody you're going to be matching with will be that great early on and you learn your way around the characters faster than expected. Pay attention to what it says is missing from your team makeup and try and fill the gaps where possible.

Genuine tips: just play with every character until you find your groove. Nobody you're going to be matching with will be that great early on and you learn your way around the characters faster than expected. Pay attention to what it says is missing from your team makeup and try and fill the gaps where possible.

Good tip! haha!

It's interesting how fast teams change throughout the game so you're constantly trying to re-evaluate what the team requires.

Slowly getting the hang of it though! :)

Thanks for the info.

I actually caved and bought some loot boxes, first one I opened got me the Genji skin I was thinking of buying, also got my first 500 credits too which gave me the money I needed to buy one of the rarest Mei skins too. Might just buy a few more when pay day rolls by.

Had a long play session with @Rummy as well, was a mixed bag team wise when Marcamillian, Dan_Dare and DriftKing had to leave early on, but was fun nonetheless.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

1.05 is out now on PS4.

Some of the most interesting features:

New hero Ana, Torbjörn's Turret damge reduced by 30% (thank God), self-healing abilities now charge ultimate abilites (some heroes's ultimate costs have been adjusted, and timing on Zenyatta's Rapid Discord trophy is more lenient (not sure how exactly the trophy was changed).

Several heroes got some big changes, as well.

Official Patchnotes.

I think it's time for me to get back into the action :)

Edit: Played a match with Zenyatta. He is now a much more viable hero. Better survivability, both orbs travel much faster and movement speed during Transcendence has been increased. Love it.

(also got PotG and most recommendations after the match :D)

I was also able to survive walking by Torbjörn's turret. This feeling...

Aside from the one-hero-limit for competitive I think that Torbjörn's nerf is the best thing coming out of this patch.

Edited by drahkon

D-Va getting some changes is great, her new barrier is much better with it's new cool down rather than one use and wait a million hours to be able to use it again.

Also as you say not getting ripped to shreds by that turrent is great!

The console-exclusive turret reduction is the part that interests me, they're dangerous for sure but easy for a team to counter with effort. I hope Beardy McVikingface doesn't get nerfed too much as a result.