NEurope
Choze

Overwatch

Bad time to mention it's back in stock on Morrisons?

Yes :p

What's done is done though, cba going through the motions however I can flag it up to my PS4 crew! Is the Morrisons one this origin editions one? What even IS this origins edition? Some extra clout that you'd pay for otherwise(like the microtransaction stuff)?

EDIT: Actually only just found out that Morrisons apparently don't even deliver down here to SE london of all places so the offer was useless for us!! How very silly.

Edited by Rummy

Origins Edition contains some skins etc, I don't think you can buy any other version at the moment.

I can sneak past the defend team at the Temple of Anubis and Hanamura with the Reaper if you know where to teleport. The only problem is that Turbojorn's turret always auto-locked on me from any directions. -.-

The only problem is that Turbojorn's turret always auto-locked on me from any directions. -.-

I think on both Hanamura and Temple of Anubis it is way too easy to put up a turret or fortify as Bastion in locations where they have a line of sight that basically covers every choke point. Or they can hide in places which you can't see unless you are on the objective.

Anyway, next week competitive play will launch on consoles. Hopefully with the much needed Torbjörn and McCree nerf.

Did a cheeky and picked this up at a shop yesterday as Marcamillian was popping round and I was thinking to return the other copy when it arrives. Played only a few bits(me and Marc taking turns) - looks like there's quite a variety amongst the characters that I'm going to need to get used to, and some of the buttons too(kept doing an ability when trying melee instead, though it worked in my favour a couple times). Does look like it could be interesting/fun though. I think first few matches we did against AI. I tried the sound/healer guy, Marc tried a dude witha revolver. Then did a proper match I think where Marc tried to be the healer/angel lady and got annoyed that nobody was giving a shit about him and he kepts dying, I played as the Monkey dude and did a bit 50/50 but we lost despite getting the payload quite close.

I can definitely see myself growing to like this more as I play more - will probs sink some time in at the weekend, at the moment it all feels a bit overwhelming figuring out who does what etc. Might have a bit of a read-up next time I have a chance.

Two more wins and I got 100 wins. :)

Looking forward to competitive mode. We should get some games going then (maybe practice in quick play before that :D).

Also:

Edited by drahkon

My mate came over yesterday - I was so tired I slept for a few hours whilst he was here, then I was awake when I should have carried on sleeping so jumped in for a 'bit' of overwatch. Probs ended up on for about 2 hours! Just put a bit more in this morning too.

Enjoying it rather muchly. Haven't tried too many people so far, Lucio's a bit of a fave of mine this morning. Also tried out Mei who I liked, the big guy with the hammer/barrier, just had a game with the pink-haired lady who I didn't mind as much as I expected - and also loving Junkrat and Pharah is it? The rocket lady. Haven't actually played with Torbjorn or whatevs his name is due to people thinking he's a bit OP, and tbh I don't see others playing with him much either. Tried a bit of the Angel lady in the themed brawl thing, but I think for healing/speed support there's something I prefer about Lucio. Played a fair bit with Genji this morning, again I quite like him but decided to mix up to the others - so far my most played are Lucio, Genji, Pharah, Junkrat, Winston, Mei, Zarka, Mercy, Reinhardt, Symmetria(was ok, not sure I got the hang of her yet) and then Bastion. It's annoying that I'm getting favourites already, as I do want to try out the others, but I also kinda don't, too :p

Having said that I'd quite like a random option - but I can understand why you wouldn't when looking to have a balanced/tactical team. I have mostly been trying to pick my characters according to the tips at the start of the match about what the team balance is currently like.

One Torbjorn is ok, you might as well have a go because next week they're nerfing his damage by 30% :p

Yesterday we faced a team of 3 of them and it was a complete joke. Couldn't get through a choke point by any means whatsoever.

One Torbjorn is ok, you might as well have a go because next week they're nerfing his damage by 30% :p

Yesterday we faced a team of 3 of them and it was a complete joke. Couldn't get through a choke point by any means whatsoever.

I did have a bit of an arse of a match against a sentry/turret; kept fucking killing me. It's the level with a white van on it and it was really well placed but I kept thinking I'd try to get the bastard thing and then eventually did. Can't recall if I did it as Genji or ended up switching to Pharah for her better range on it. I am very much enjoying the variety of the characters and how they can almost all sort of work in all the situations, or how you might need someone else depending how it's going. Interesting level of balance. I'll maybe give Torbjorn a few cracks this weekend if I have time - as I actually quite like the idea of him as sort of Engy.

I love Torbjörn. Not because he currently is OP as fuck, but his gun is awesome.

I usually just put up a turret to protect the objective, upgrade it to level 2 and run around shooting people with Torbjörn's gun. People get confused when they see a Torbjörn at the front lines and not camping around his turret to wack it with his hammer. :laughing:

What's with that post-match voting thing btw? I tend to vote for my own peeps but I wasn't sure what it is - I presume an XP bonus or something?? I usually end up voting for most kills etc unless I see one posted up for healing/supporting - because I do feel the latters are rather unsung(Lucio pun rather intended)!

The Torbjorn and McCree patch can't come soon enough, I seem to be getting stuck in matches with either too many of the former or just getting ganked by McCree's "It's High Noon" :shakehead

Worst I've had was the other day when I got dropped into a match on Temple of Anubis for attacking which had already started. Saw that there was a Reinhardt but no support so jumped on Zenyatta only to find there were 3 Torbjorns, 2 Bastions and a Symmetra. There's just nothing you can do to get through that first choke point with that kind of set up. There really should be a limit on the number of players choosing the same character in a match as it really doesn't make it fun.

Would also love some tweaks to the matchmaking in Quick Play as well. Got dropped into 4 games in a row on Monday or Tuesday which were in the last couple of seconds of the match and ended up racking up 4 defeats even though I literally only played about a minute across those 4 matches. One of them I didn't even get to pick a character due to there only being 5 seconds left ::shrug: Would've thought there would be some line of code in place to prevent that or at least prevent the 5 seconds played resulting in a defeat.

Still massively enjoying the game though. Experimenting a bit more with different characters and trying not to stick to the same ones. Dabbled a bit with playing as Winston but think he could use a little bit of a buff for his ult. Enjoying playing as Hanzo as well as Mei who I really disliked having played against but now that I've had a go with the character, I can see the appeal in luring enemy players away and being an irritant to them :grin:

But still have my go to characters though, mainly Reinhardt (played a slick game on Hanamura where we literally pushed both captures and were done in 2 minutes with me and a couple others clearing out the second point from turrets and Bastions) and Zarya on attack. Don't really have a go to defensive character pick but then the game does allow you to experiment with different compositions so that's what I've been doing. One of my favourites is Zarya and Hanzo; former drops her ult capturing everyone in the gravity well and then the latter drops his and racks up the kill streak. Managed a team kill that way the other day (but still no play of the game for either of us :blank:).

What's with that post-match voting thing btw? I tend to vote for my own peeps but I wasn't sure what it is - I presume an XP bonus or something?? I usually end up voting for most kills etc unless I see one posted up for healing/supporting - because I do feel the latters are rather unsung(Lucio pun rather intended)!

Doesn't do anything at the moment afaik, just bragging rights. They'll probably patch something in later.

Would also love some tweaks to the matchmaking in Quick Play as well. Got dropped into 4 games in a row on Monday or Tuesday which were in the last couple of seconds of the match and ended up racking up 4 defeats even though I literally only played about a minute across those 4 matches. One of them I didn't even get to pick a character due to there only being 5 seconds left ::shrug: Would've thought there would be some line of code in place to prevent that or at least prevent the 5 seconds played resulting in a defeat.

To be fair, with the exception of the very short windows, they have to fill those spaces. What's worse, getting matched in and losing, or fighting to save the checkpoint at the last minute and the game leaving your team down a player?

I only play quick matches atm - do they match based on skill? Not had any last minute joins so far or anything. Also not seen the level of same-charactering as Ganepark mentions, but I wouldn't impose a limit just due to others choices - I'd take it as an opportunity to adapt myself instead. What's the issue with McCree? Is his high noon that guaranteed hit thing? Maybe that's the dude I watched Marc play with. My counter tactic suggestion(obvs untested) as a Lucio fellow would be a buffed speed boost song to maybe break through ranks, with a quick switch to heal after to keep people there. May not work at all mind, and would obvs depend on team etc.

I should have gone to work hours ago. I'm behind so much. Yet here I am in my living room having finished up a bit of it and...instead of delivering the work where it needs to go I'm gonna play a 'quick' bit of Overwatch instead. It's scary which fool let me manage my own time sometimes.

Quickplay tries to match you with people at your level (i.e. what you can increase with XP) not your skill.

In the last few days, however, I (level 26) have been matched quite often with higher level players (both on my and on the enemy team).

Oh and remember: High levels do NOT mean high skill...not at all...

McCree's skill (Flashbang) + his alternate fire (unload your gun very quickly) is basically a sure way to kill every hero if you face him/her one on one.

They will nerf this.

His ult isn't the problem. It's actually quite easy to dodge most of the time.

Patch is out on PS4.

I'll most likely avoid competitive play until the Torbjörn nerf gets released.

Edit: LOL of course I played a competitive match...Quite satisfied with my overall performance. Here are a couple of highlights.

By the way: My ultimate's ready.

Edit: Sorry @Sheikah, you sent that invitation out just after I decided to stop playing. :D

Played my second competitive match a couple of hours ago. Against 3 Torbjörns...we lost, of course.

Think I'll just quickly finish up the remaining 8 placement matches to get the spray and player icon and then I'm done with the first season. ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon

Patch is out on PS4.

I'll most likely avoid competitive play until the Torbjörn nerf gets released.

Edit: LOL of course I played a competitive match...Quite satisfied with my overall performance. Here are a couple of highlights.

By the way: My ultimate's ready.

Edit: Sorry @Sheikah, you sent that invitation out just after I decided to stop playing. :D

Played my second competitive match a couple of hours ago. Against 3 Torbjörns...we lost, of course.

Think I'll just quickly finish up the remaining 8 placement matches to get the spray and player icon and then I'm done with the first season. ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon

That is some Lucio-ing far far far beyond my skill levels, makes me worry for competitive when I even get leveled enough to contemplate playing it :p

Played some more a little bit this weekend, a notable chunk with Marcamillian yesterday(who'll probs be in here at some point). I swear there are more wank people around at weekends though - I played at like 1am and 9-10am last week and it wasn't too bad, but yesterday we had some really fucking shit teams. Just not on objectives, nowhere to be seen, properly scattered and all sorts. Marc taught me the term 'rolled' for how quickly we were getting fucked, so I guess that was my something new.

Saying that though we did face some good competitions and I got some of my character career bests, as well as my first Play of the Match(which, due to life, I completely forgot to save in any way). I'm definitely getting my favourite characters - Mei and Junkrat are two, with Lucio close behind. Played a few characters I hadn't otherwise, enjoying Soldier 76 or whatever his number is, though I've only played him on one or two matches - another one to try out more. It's annoying though because I don't like trying out new characters and being shit for the team, so I end up just not, but it obvs reinforces itself. Also a bit of a Reinhardt fan too. Dat shield and dash. Need to remember to use his fire though.

Speaking of that and Torbjorns though - Marc didn't see it so much but we were on that snowy-ish level with two capture points - played against a team with FIVE Torbjorns and there was just no way to break through. Even with a Reinhardt his shield was getting fucked in no time at all, and I was trying to Pharah from behind to rocket out the turrets but it's just not easy to find them fast enough before dying, plus his shield was gone and then so was I. I don't play Torbjorn much myself as a result.

Speaking of lack of obviousness of turrets - same also goes for teleporters. After I'd been running through every time I died in a match Marc mentioned we had a teleporter - I had no idea as I didn't spot it in the base! Needs to much more obviously marked. I find it difficult sometimes to keep an eye on my health too. There's little aspects like that which annoy me, but I need to see if there's anything in the options to help at all too.

That is some Lucio-ing far far far beyond my skill levels, makes me worry for competitive when I even get leveled enough to contemplate playing it :p

Played some more a little bit this weekend, a notable chunk with Marcamillian yesterday(who'll probs be in here at some point). I swear there are more wank people around at weekends though - I played at like 1am and 9-10am last week and it wasn't too bad, but yesterday we had some really fucking shit teams. Just not on objectives, nowhere to be seen, properly scattered and all sorts. Marc taught me the term 'rolled' for how quickly we were getting fucked, so I guess that was my something new.

Saying that though we did face some good competitions and I got some of my character career bests, as well as my first Play of the Match(which, due to life, I completely forgot to save in any way). I'm definitely getting my favourite characters - Mei and Junkrat are two, with Lucio close behind. Played a few characters I hadn't otherwise, enjoying Soldier 76 or whatever his number is, though I've only played him on one or two matches - another one to try out more. It's annoying though because I don't like trying out new characters and being shit for the team, so I end up just not, but it obvs reinforces itself. Also a bit of a Reinhardt fan too. Dat shield and dash. Need to remember to use his fire though.

Speaking of that and Torbjorns though - Marc didn't see it so much but we were on that snowy-ish level with two capture points - played against a team with FIVE Torbjorns and there was just no way to break through. Even with a Reinhardt his shield was getting fucked in no time at all, and I was trying to Pharah from behind to rocket out the turrets but it's just not easy to find them fast enough before dying, plus his shield was gone and then so was I. I don't play Torbjorn much myself as a result.

Speaking of lack of obviousness of turrets - same also goes for teleporters. After I'd been running through every time I died in a match Marc mentioned we had a teleporter - I had no idea as I didn't spot it in the base! Needs to much more obviously marked. I find it difficult sometimes to keep an eye on my health too. There's little aspects like that which annoy me, but I need to see if there's anything in the options to help at all too.

That's weird, you should be spawned facing the teleporter in your base.

I probably am, but I don't look for it. It's a long run back to wherever you were, and the heat of the battle's in mind, it doesn't cross your mind as it's not a common thing to see(what percentage of matches have you had with one?). I spot one sometimes, but not always. It was literally a double-take in the convo with Marc as he mentioned it(post match) as I agreed about them not being marked(or Marced, alolololololo) when he said there had been one in the match! I honestly had no idea. I feel like they're probably there if you're mindful to look for it - but not everyone is.

I probably am, but I don't look for it. It's a long run back to wherever you were, and the heat of the battle's in mind, it doesn't cross your mind as it's not a common thing to see(what percentage of matches have you had with one?). I spot one sometimes, but not always. It was literally a double-take in the convo with Marc as he mentioned it(post match) as I agreed about them not being marked(or Marced, alolololololo) when he said there had been one in the match! I honestly had no idea. I feel like they're probably there if you're mindful to look for it - but not everyone is.