NEurope
Choze

Overwatch

Do you play console? Torb's nerf has been the most looked forward to and immediately celebrated change for me and the other N-E players. It's way overpowered on console, snapping round and killing squishies instantly at any range. Even Widowmaker doesn't make a good counter given there's never a line of sight over 40m away. Stacking Torbs was an impassible cheese until today.

I do play console. Admittedly I've never faced a high stack of Tallbjorks (usually a couple in any one game) but always found they rarely lasted long against D.Va mech up close, a few distant rounds from Widowmaker or any decent projectile attack from behind a Reindhardt shield. I've also found that if you can get close you can circle around and it struggles to keep a bead while firing. I've even managed to destroy a few just with D.Va's pistol this way. Range, health, targeting or turning speed all seem like more obvious adjustments to me.

Speaking to Marc(traditionally a PC gamer) I can see why the turrets would be easier to deal with on PC - I've struggled on console with a variety of people. Especially as Short mentions the other day we had two turrets we were against and I tried to take them with widowmaker - due to the environment it was pretty much impossible because to get a line of sight I'd have to be in range and they'd naturally eliminate me before I could get all my aim spot on and fire enough shots to get them. Thankfully due to a bit of team combination and luck we took them out and overcame the chokepoint of them, and won the match, but it was really almost impossible to singularly attempt to take out the turrets with anyone.

I'd expect it to be quite achievable with some voice chat and team communication, but you just don't often get that when playing with randoms on console.

EDIT: Interesting reading the patch notes, very much look forward to playing some this evening and seeing how it all falls together. Hope I can get to try out Ana too!

Edited by Rummy

Most Torbjörn's aren't even building their turrets right now. They only use their weapons and they suck at it. It's glorious. I just don't understand why they won't build turrets. ::shrug: They are still valuable damage dealers.

As expected, almost everyone is playing Ana. I was lucky enough to be in a team without someone playing her just now so I could try her out without compromising the match. She's a really cool hero. Very disruptive, her support abilities are great and her damage isn't all that bad considering her role.

Zenyatta's buff is becoming my favourite update Overwatch has gotten. I'll definitely play him more often now because he has a bit more survivability and can fulfill his role much better. :)

I do play console. Admittedly I've never faced a high stack of Tallbjorks (usually a couple in any one game) but always found they rarely lasted long against D.Va mech up close, a few distant rounds from Widowmaker or any decent projectile attack from behind a Reindhardt shield. I've also found that if you can get close you can circle around and it struggles to keep a bead while firing. I've even managed to destroy a few just with D.Va's pistol this way. Range, health, targeting or turning speed all seem like more obvious adjustments to me.

True, the most annoying part of the turret was that it was on a 360 no scope insta-swivel, I tried so much to flank it but I might as well have jumped off a cliff.

A fix that it only targets enemies in a 180 degree arch might have also been better.

True, the most annoying part of the turret was that it was on a 360 no scope insta-swivel, I tried so much to flank it but I might as well have jumped off a cliff.

A fix that it only targets enemies in a 180 degree arch might have also been better.

Yeah, it was OP almost in the purest of senses that there was so many more options to balance it. Reduce the 360 as you say(so opponents can sneak behind), reduce the shooting range(so that opponents can mark and take out from a distance), or reduce the damage(so opponents can tank it out) - I don't know if I'm happy with them going for the damage reduction over the others(I'd maybe have opted for a speed and range reduction) but it's still a fair balance that'll help out hopefully.

Shame about all the Ana's @drahkon, I'm tempted to play a few vs. AI matches later to give her a spin without affecting a proper team/game.

Anyone playing tonight? Looking for a team because randoms seem to want to be snipers with Ana's inclusion to te game so I usually end up on the losing side recently.

He literally turned into a ghost.

And that Reinhardt was really bad...

Apparently Lucio's wallride got a buff with the recent patch but it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

Well, now my super awesome wall ride skills have been rendered useless. :laughing:

I do appreciate this, though. Before the patch you had to focus primarily on wall riding so you don't fall off, now you can focus on shooting. : peace:

I'm not sure all aspects of the buff apply to consoles. I can't turn a 90 degree corner without jumping for example (saw someone else do it).

Would love to see the one-hero-limit in Quick Play.

I still encounter far too many teams with either 5x Genji or 4x Hanzo or 3x Ana or 800x Tracer. :indeed:

And somehow, I seem to get put into a lot of matches that are on the verge of ending :blank: The last two:

Joined, hero select screen, DEFEAT.

Out of the last 10 I didn't join a single one that was in the assemble-your-team-phase or setup-phase. :(

If you joined at the Defeat screen then you're only a few seconds from the select a hero screen :p

Add us dude, we frequently have a few players on. We had one instance where there were too many people playing for a 6-man team! Activity with us on PSN seems to come in waves for some reason. Last week it was buzzing for example, this week it's been quiet. My PSN: Fonster_Mox, a few other players' are under their avatars.

Always feel free to give me a shout on PSN(sorry if I didn't reply to your previous, Emerald) and I'll usually be on if I'm about. I've just been a bit non-stop for the past week, tbh may not be back on til Sat afternoon or Sunday if not next week sometime. May try to get my competitive matches finished at some point - when's the deadline? 8th?

I'll join you guys if I ever buy it for the PS4 :D you'll have to carry me though as I'm pretty shit!

For anyone who missed this, there's a seasonal event on now, and the weekly game is a unique Rocket League clone where everyone plays Lucio. New skins etc. You'll have to be quick to grab them though, only running til 22nd

;_;

Wow. That was pretty awesome.

Had no idea they made these shorts! Going to check out the previous ones! Don't know if they'll top that though.

As much as I love Overwatch, right now I just can't be bothered until ranked is back. Solo queuing on Quick Play is hell.

Patch 1.3 has gone live on PC and Xbox One (assume PS4 won't be far behind). Season 2 has started early, and all patches including the new map are in place :)

Also, I mentioned this in the PS4 thread but there's a free weekend for Overwatch on PS4 on Sep 9-12 so tell your friends :D

Oh my, didn't even realise that Season 2 was so close...

Haven't played this in months...will definitely get back to it for the placement matches at least. : peace:

Have you been secretly playing Overwatch under a different tag @dazzybee? Had a fella named Dazza_Bee the other night who kept saying hello! He actually wasn't too bad neither :p