NEurope
Choze

Overwatch

Since I play Symettra most of the defense games, I'd say quite a high percentage :p (you know it's her ult right? And it only lasts until it's been used 6 times or someone destroys it) These things will come to you in time, when you know what you're looking for, I don't think you will miss the teleporter if it's there.

Started off competitive mode really well, Zell and I actually got kicked off the server to download the patch at midnight so we were on it as soon as it launched. Won our first 4 games really well, then started getting flattened although I honestly blame that on being too tired as it was going into the wee hours :p

Glad for the McCree nerf, really wish the Torbjorn nerf had landed too though.

Edited by Shorty

Since I play Symettra most of the defense games, I'd say quite a high percentage :p (you know it's her ult right? And it only lasts until it's been used 6 times or someone destroys it) These things will come to you in time, when you know what you're looking for, I don't think you will miss the teleporter if it's there.

Started off competitive mode really well, Zell and I actually got kicked off the server to download the patch at midnight so we were on it as soon as it launched. Won our first 4 games really well, then started getting flattened although I honestly blame that on being too tired as it was going into the wee hours :p

Edited by Shorty

Is there a way to embed gfycat gifs?

Dropping the beat

Yeah, I got stunned by a McCree and was surprised that I lived through his onslaught of bullets :laughing:

3+ Torbjörn teams are still ruining some matches :(

@Rummy don't worry you'll probably see a lot more Torbjörns.

I still play him regularly, though, but I refrain from just being that "Turret guy".

Edited by drahkon

Is there a way to embed gfycat gifs?

Dropping the beat

Yeah, I got stunned by a McCree and was surprised that I lived through his onslaught of bullets :laughing:

3+ Torbjörn teams are still ruining some matches :(

@Rummy don't worry you'll probably see a lot more Torbjörns.

I still play him regularly, though, but I refrain from just being that "Turret guy".

Edited by drahkon

I haven't seen her played very often(and I've only played her a few times myself) so again I don't look for it. Maybe with time and getting used to maps and how things are I will, but we'll see. Stupidly I played two maps yesterday and excited to see a teleporter in base....right next to the other teleporter. Two separate matches. Don't know what the hell someone was doing. Discovered the limited uses thing too after I burned one out and Marc thought it had been destroyed/shot, but given I went through it I knew no one was attacking it at the time.

I haven't seen her played very often(and I've only played her a few times myself) so again I don't look for it. Maybe with time and getting used to maps and how things are I will, but we'll see. Stupidly I played two maps yesterday and excited to see a teleporter in base....right next to the other teleporter. Two separate matches. Don't know what the hell someone was doing. Discovered the limited uses thing too after I burned one out and Marc thought it had been destroyed/shot, but given I went through it I knew no one was attacking it at the time.

Ha, a newbie who didn't know how teleporters work I guess. To be fair I remember the descriptions of abilities being quite vague when that's all you have to learn how a player works.

@drahkon there's a gifycat button on the editor ;) just put the filename in

Ha, a newbie who didn't know how teleporters work I guess. To be fair I remember the descriptions of abilities being quite vague when that's all you have to learn how a player works.

I must be blind, I don't see it...:blush:

I must be blind, I don't see it...:blush:

Hm looks like some buttons are not visible for all users.

Edit: Couple of buttons weren't on for all users, including gifycat and instagram. I've put them on for now, not sure if they were left off because they're experimental or something, @Ashley?

Edited by Shorty

Edit: Couple of buttons weren't on for all users, including gifycat and instagram. I've put them on for now, not sure if they were left off because they're experimental or something, @Ashley?

Edited by Shorty

A little story about my journey through the 10 placement matches of competitive play:

First match, no expectations. It was awesome. A close fight, both teams with a good hero composition and great adaptations. We won in the end.

ZGSLu2y.jpg

GG! Lost.

Then a match where I got put into a team of one 3 player group and one two player group against a 6 player group. Looked up if that's even possible. Why yes..yes it is. If matchmaking takes too long it just drops every algorithm and puts you in a match no matter what. We put up a good fight but we lost.

The next 6 matches were a mixed bag. Decent matches but as soon as the enemy team played on the defensive side it was: TORBJÖRN EVERYWHERE.

Something worth mentioning: I won a match where one of the enemy players left the game but reconnected 20 seconds later.

My final placement match. It decided whether my win-% would reach 50. And it went smoothly. 2-0 lead, great performance.

And then:

SORpeHz.jpg

"Fuck it", I thought. We can still win this.

But no:

ZHzJOge.jpg

Placement matches completed. 6 losses, 4 wins and a very good performance from me...

At least I thought it was with an average of 3-4 gold medals every match as Zarya and Lucio. I figured I would get placed around rank 55.

Oh how wrong I was. My rank: 49.

I knew that losses and wins factor most into matchmaking rating but reading several reddit posts a good performance could offset that.

After some research (mainly on the Overwatch reddit) I found out that in order to get great ratings you basically have to play an offensive hero. Pretty much all players that are at a higher rank (70 or above) exclusively play offensive heroes and people at 40 or lower have support characters as their most played heroes.

And now I know that playing Lucio reduced my rank a lot.

Something that factors into my ranking, too: If you win a game where one enemy left and reconnected you will gain a ridiculously low amount of points. It's a common complaint in several Overwatch communities.

Obviously, soloing competitive play is likely not going to earn me many wins, but there are a lot of aspects that make this game mode really not worth playing in my opinion...at least for now.

Blizzard will probably patch some things next week but we don't know which.

I think I'm done with competitive for this season. It was fun but equally frustrating. There is a lot of potential and I hope we will eventually see the possibility to solo queue/duo queue/etc and several things being fixed.

Aside from all my rants about the game, Overwatch is definitely one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. :) Really looking forward to what Blizzard have in store for us with this : peace:

Edited by drahkon

A little story about my journey through the 10 placement matches of competitive play:

First match, no expectations. It was awesome. A close fight, both teams with a good hero composition and great adaptations. We won in the end.

ZGSLu2y.jpg

GG! Lost.

Then a match where I got put into a team of one 3 player group and one two player group against a 6 player group. Looked up if that's even possible. Why yes..yes it is. If matchmaking takes too long it just drops every algorithm and puts you in a match no matter what. We put up a good fight but we lost.

The next 6 matches were a mixed bag. Decent matches but as soon as the enemy team played on the defensive side it was: TORBJÖRN EVERYWHERE.

Something worth mentioning: I won a match where one of the enemy players left the game but reconnected 20 seconds later.

My final placement match. It decided whether my win-% would reach 50. And it went smoothly. 2-0 lead, great performance.

And then:

SORpeHz.jpg

"Fuck it", I thought. We can still win this.

But no:

ZHzJOge.jpg

Placement matches completed. 6 losses, 4 wins and a very good performance from me...

At least I thought it was with an average of 3-4 gold medals every match as Zarya and Lucio. I figured I would get placed around rank 55.

Oh how wrong I was. My rank: 49.

I knew that losses and wins factor most into matchmaking rating but reading several reddit posts a good performance could offset that.

After some research (mainly on the Overwatch reddit) I found out that in order to get great ratings you basically have to play an offensive hero. Pretty much all players that are at a higher rank (70 or above) exclusively play offensive heroes and people at 40 or lower have support characters as their most played heroes.

And now I know that playing Lucio reduced my rank a lot.

Something that factors into my ranking, too: If you win a game where one enemy left and reconnected you will gain a ridiculously low amount of points. It's a common complaint in several Overwatch communities.

Obviously, soloing competitive play is likely not going to earn me many wins, but there are a lot of aspects that make this game mode really not worth playing in my opinion...at least for now.

Blizzard will probably patch some things next week but we don't know which.

I think I'm done with competitive for this season. It was fun but equally frustrating. There is a lot of potential and I hope we will eventually see the possibility to solo queue/duo queue/etc and several things being fixed.

Aside from all my rants about the game, Overwatch is definitely one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. :) Really looking forward to what Blizzard have in store for us with this : peace:

Edited by drahkon

@drahkon some of your Lucio play is on point :heart:, I can't get to grips with him at all, I just seem to walk into battle and die instantly.

What is there to gain out of competitive play, i'm only rank 16 so will be a while before I can play but just wondering if I am missing out on anything?

@drahkon some of your Lucio play is on point :heart:, I can't get to grips with him at all, I just seem to walk into battle and die instantly.

What is there to gain out of competitive play, i'm only rank 16 so will be a while before I can play but just wondering if I am missing out on anything?

@drahkon some of your Lucio play is on point :heart:

If you finish the 10 placement matches you'll get a spray and player icon at the end of the season.

For each win you will get 1 competitive point (or whatever it is called). You can buy golden weapon skins for 300 (one skin for 300!).

If you rank under the best 500 at the end of the season you will get a special reward (I think).

@drahkon some of your Lucio play is on point :heart:

If you finish the 10 placement matches you'll get a spray and player icon at the end of the season.

For each win you will get 1 competitive point (or whatever it is called). You can buy golden weapon skins for 300 (one skin for 300!).

If you rank under the best 500 at the end of the season you will get a special reward (I think).

Think we just forget to update the usergroup settings whenever we add new ones.

My bad!

My bad!

My bad!

Cool. We now have a Miiverse button and the Miiverse wraps work again. :bouncy:

Cheers.

My bad!

Cool. We now have a Miiverse button and the Miiverse wraps work again. :bouncy:

Cheers.

And here I thought @Hero\-of\-Time bought Overwatch...

*disappointed*