NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Fucking dead at Alolan Professor Oak.

Professor... Palm?

Yep, that's hilarious. That's the kind of Gen 1 pandering I can get behind!

Fucking dead at Alolan Professor Oak.

Professor... Palm?

No. It's also Professor Oak

However, instead of Ookido-Yukinari, he is Ookido-Nariya

We're gonna see those CG shots repeated in every single advert/trailer constantly for the next few months, aren't we?

We're gonna see those CG shots repeated in every single advert/trailer constantly for the next few months, aren't we?

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought so. They do smack of cringe a bit, huh?

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought so. They do smack of cringe a bit, huh?

At least the ORAS ones were funny...

RAWR! I'M A GROUDON! And I'm a pathetic excuse for a rival...

oak.jpg

Alolan Form Oak confirmed as Samson Oak.

I wonder if any Alolan evolutions will be related towards him. I know it's not the greatest of designs but I'm thinking of using the Alolan Raichu on my team in Moon and of course, normally Pikachu evolves through Thunder Stone. So if you used a Thunderstone on a Pikachu in Sun/Moon would it evolve into an Alolan Raichu?

The unique Z-Move and part Psychic type has me interested in having one, plus I regret trading my Raichu in LeafGreen for an Electrode

PIIIIIKAAA!!!

Shut up you little rodent.

It is a bit sad though.

Compare the last reveal trailer.

US

Japan

The US one constantly uses the same "Gotta Catch 'em All" intro, which I get, but is always the same two pieces of music whereas the Japanese one is all on point

It makes me think that yeah, TPCi is going to overuse that 3D footage. Not that it's bad...

P6LqZYJ.gif

Corocoro due to leak over the next few days and they claim to be revealing Rockruff's evolution.

An image from the new Manga surfaced and the Rockruff in that appears to be wearing a Ghost Z-Crystal. Also, considering the werewolf links and tying it in with Hawaii then I think the evolution kight be based off this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaupe

That would be pretty cool. If it becomes Rock/Ghost then having a Rock type that removes one of it's common weaknesses, albeit gaining two different ones, is going to make for am interesting Pokemon. I don't think we'very ever had a Rock/Ghost yet.

The much anticipated Corocoro leaks have just gone up, here are Rockruffs evos, the split Evo theory is true by the looks of it:

corocoro10161th.jpg

corocoro10162th.jpg

Big thanks to @Serebii of course.

I'm liking the theories going around about the ultra beasts being connected to certain characters as some of them do indeed share similar design elements to the ones previously shown. UB02 is the most obvious as it looks way too close in appearance to the female Aether member with the strangely cut hair.

corocoro10162th.jpg

Yep that one looks way edgier and more werewolf like. So naturally, I want it.

Yeah, I think at this point I'm well over six Gen 7 Pokemon I want to use in my playthrough... Bugger!

On the plus side, I can at least put the overall Pokemon design higher than Gens 4 and 6 in my "Best Pokemon designs" list.

Not even close to the lofty heights of Gen 5 yet though. But it's getting there.

At what level does UB02 evolve into UB40?

I'm going to be honest, I think I misremembered UB01 as UB40 at one point. Perhaps UB40 will be the final boss of Pokemon Sun/Moon and have 9999 HP which requires an entire team of 6 Pokemon just to take down.

On another note, as someone who has wanted to use a Rockruff on his team for a while now I'm not sure about which form I want now. Wasn't entirely sure about the werewolf motif but I do like both designs and feel that the Sun one is the natural evolution of Rockruff... though since I'm playing Moon it's probably more likely that I'll get the Moon one. Was originally going to nickname my Rockruff Toby Fox but really the whole wolf motif means that names like "Wolf Link" or "Amaterasu" would be more appropriate depending on the gender.

For context, I'm intending to nickname my entire team after characters from other video games series, so Rowlet is Kaepora from the Zelda series, a female Rockruff would be Amaterasu from Okami, Bewear would be Tediz, the killer teddy bears from Conker's Bad Fur Day, Alolan Raichu would be Tachigami (bit of a stretch but that is the mouse god from Okami, might reconsider) and Salandit I'm a bit undecided on but if it has a komodo dragon evolution then I would probably name Komodo Joe from the Crash Bandicoot series.

If the dolphin Pokemon is true then I would probably use that and call it Ecco. As of right now I know I want a Water type as my 6th team member but not the biggest fan of Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Wimpod or Bruxish.

I'm liking the theories going around about the ultra beasts being connected to certain characters as some of them do indeed share similar design elements to the ones previously shown. UB02 is the most obvious as it looks way too close in appearance to the female Aether member with the strangely cut hair.

Connected yeah, but they're not going to BE the Ultra Beasts like many think they are

Noticed that the new Rockruff evo has been spelt differently from different places. Seems to be a bit of a split on whether it's Lugarugan or Rugarugan. Serebii's got it down as Lugarugan but there are a lot of other claims that it's actually Rugarugan.

Probably doesn't matter too much though because Rockruff got a name change for over here so I'm presuming Lugarugan/Rugarugan will also get one.

Both translations are correct, r and l are interchangeable in Japanese. We won't know which one is correct unless Nintendo/GF gives a translation.

At what level does UB02 evolve into UB40?

I'm going to be honest, I think I misremembered UB01 as UB40 at one point. Perhaps UB40 will be the final boss of Pokemon Sun/Moon and have 9999 HP which requires an entire team of 6 Pokemon just to take down.

That joke went over his head like a thrown bottle of red red wine

That joke went over his head like a thrown bottle of red red wine

Actually no, I didn't make it clear but I understood the joke.

Connected yeah, but in my opinion they're probably not going to BE the Ultra Beasts like many think they are

Fixed that for you. Anything is possible with this game as it is so radically different.

For clarification I do agree with you, but it's probably due to the way you talk that people get a kick out of the times when you're wrong man.

Fixed that for you. Anything is possible with this game as it is so radically different.

For clarification I do agree with you, but it's probably due to the way you talk that people get a kick out of the times when you're wrong man.

Yeah but most of the stuff that idiot spreads isn't actually me being wrong, it's me talking about something else that the idiot then put with an image of the one thing I've been wrong about :p Other stuff he lists as me being wrong, I wasn't actually wrong with too.

The internet is an odd place.

However, I'm right about this :p