NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Pictures of the new Pokemon in case you can't watch the video.

alolanraticate.png

Alolan Raticate

typenull.png

Type:Null

jangmo-o.png

Jangmo-o

ub-01.png

UB-01

I'm digging Type:Null. Seems to based on the Chimera. The others... Eh...

Lusamine looks suspiciously like Lillie's mother to me...

Also, pretty sure Type Null isn't an Ultra Beast. Odd choice for a new Pokemon name but then again I suppose so is Tapu Koko.

Particularly interested in the fact that the Totem Pokemon differ per game. Wonder what takes the place oF Lurantis in the other version?

The Chinese leak also predicted that time would flow differently depending on each version. That leak aside from a few minor details is looking rather legit now.

Official site has updated, naturally. Here's some descriptions.

This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.

The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.

To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.

It's man-made, Porygon and Mewtwo has a new best friend.

Jangmo-o has the pride of a warrior, although it remains humble about its capabilities. In its pursuit to become stronger, it never neglects its training.

Because Jangmo-o uses the scales on its head for both offense and defense, it never turns its back to its enemies. Many Trainers see this behavior and take it as proof that Jangmo-o is a valiant Pokémon.

Jangmo-o gather in harsh locales like canyons, where no other people or Pokémon are around, to live together as they train.

Because urban areas are their main habitat, their diet is higher in calories than ordinary Raticate. As a result, they have become hefty.

Alolan Raticate prefers to eat only fresh fruits and high-class ingredients. There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes.

Alolan Raticate continually stockpile huge amounts of food in their nests. They mostly prefer to send out Alolan Rattata to gather food while they themselves stay home in their nests and just eat.

Alolan Raticate is the Totem Pokémon of the trial that takes place in Verdant Cavern on Melemele Island in Pokémon Moon.* It summons Rattata to help it confront those who take on the trial.

*Gumshoos appears as the Totem Pokémon in Verdant Cavern in Pokémon Sun.

Intrestingly enough, UB-01 is not on the new Pokemon page. It has it's own page. under "Ultra Beasts" (Told ya, @Serebii)

UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

There's a distinct possibility that these "Ultra Beasts" aren't Pokemon. Just a guess, but these might serve as some kind of Boss in the game to fight. It might even mean you can't catch them.

Japanese Trailer has different footage, if you're interested.

Man, that framerate just takes a nosedive during the Pokemon Snap section! Not a good sign.

Edited by Glen-i

There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes.

Well, I'm calling mine Remy.

Sorry, @GenericAperson, you're just a millisecond too slow!

Creepy, we did that in the same minute.

Anyway, I like Gladion...

0149fa79f36995f5ccd368ddd4a6bdc6.gif

I wonder why that is...

EDIT: BTW, Nice catch done on Neogaf.

CrrMOrnUMAA4C2d.pngCrrMFmdVIAANF2F.jpg

I don't need to spell it out, do I?

Makes sense that they would give you the Zygarde Cube.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Didn't Chinese leak mentioned something about a pokemon's offspring inherit the type from other pokemon? Could Type:Null be that pokemon!

Can't believe we are getting Pokemon Snap feature in the main games.

Why they gotta release so much info though? Could have left Raticate a surprise. I'll be kind of put off battling monsters that aren't Pokémon... Maybe they've been genetically altered? Was really hoping UB-01 was a new Frillish line. (loved the fatness of its evolved form, combined with Cursed Body and rocky helmet - Talonflame suicide).

Didn't Chinese leak mentioned something about a pokemon's offspring inherit the type from other pokemon? Could Type:Null be that pokemon!

Certainly an interesting hypothesis, but I get the impression it'll just be normal.

Missed a trick by not having it's ability be Protean. Maybe a hidden ability though.

I'll be kind of put off battling monsters that aren't Pokémon...

It wouldn't be the first time...

200px-B2W2_Prerelease_Pok%C3%A9wood_Typhlosion.png

Yes, I know it's a green screen effect.

Man, Pokestar Studios is still one of the best minigames the series has had. If only because it features a talking Ledian with a spear.

Timegate_Traveler_Screenshot.png

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has had final bosses which aren't Pokemon so it wouldn't be an entirely new concept and the Mystery Dungeon games use the same type matchup system as the main games do along with a variation of the battle mechanics.

The final boss Dark Matter I believe changes his type during the fight so he is able to change his weaknesses and resistances. It's possible that UB-01 does this too or it could just be typeless and you have to rely on your stats instead of type advantages.

So 'Type: Null' is not the name of the Pokémon and not a new Pokémon type of null value?

So 'Type: Null' is not the name of the Pokémon and not a new Pokémon type of null value?

I thought it was the name? Now that I take a good second look at it, you can see a lot of different types in it. Grass, water, dragon, dark, steel. I think there will be a gimmick to it, just not sure what.

The English trailer girl from that artificial island mentions "other worlds" as well as Pokemon from that world in her speech, then in the Japanese trailer you see UB-01 coming out of a portal/wormhole...hmm. Is Alola getting invaded? LOL

It's the name

Looks like a a database error, which they then ran with.

Could be. Someone presented the theory that it's called that, and even in Spanish, Italian etc. that usually copy the English names, because it's such a broken Pokémon, made of pieces of Pokémon, it just returns an error to the Pokédex when scanned

Or maybe because computer software is typically English and thus the expression would be the same in other languages...?

Bloody Pokémon designers don't even bother including a null exception.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has had final bosses which aren't Pokemon so it wouldn't be an entirely new concept and the Mystery Dungeon games use the same type matchup system as the main games do along with a variation of the battle mechanics.

The final boss Dark Matter I believe changes his type during the fight so he is able to change his weaknesses and resistances. It's possible that UB-01 does this too or it could just be typeless and you have to rely on your stats instead of type advantages.

Well, ORAS already nicked the finale of Blue Rescue Team to use in Delta Episode, so why not nick Gates to Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon's idea as well?

Now all we need is the Pearl and Diamond remakes to nick Explorers' Primal Dialga and that's all the retail games finales!

So we get a Ratticate Aloan form : Faticate? i like it! Although i still see cheeky parallels to Mexican's once again, so the fat lazy mustacheod rat line is victimised by the Trump Weasel who wants to evict them back to their own country....

Type:Null is an awful name for an interesting looking pokemon

Does anybody have a link to a good explanation of the alchemy/end of the series theory? I can only find a 45 minutes YouTube video, and ain't nobody got time for that!

Does anybody have a link to a good explanation of the alchemy/end of the series theory? I can only find a 45 minutes YouTube video, and ain't nobody got time for that!

Sure.

It's absolute bullshit.

There you go :p

If by "End of the series" it means "End of Pokemon RPG's", then that's laughable! Ignore it.