NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

What move did Gyarados use? Hyper Beam?

Aye. That was the classic Hyper Beam sound, so Hyper Beam it is.

Maaaan, this is going to be one treat of a game! Those water visuals tho, kinda looking like GC Pikmin water.

I sat and watched the Hoopa movie over the weekend with my 9 year old nephew. We both loved it. Some of the fight scenes were great, especially towards the end. It was a very epic final battle.

This week I noticed the Kalos League Finals thread on Gaf. This got me intrigued and I sat and watched 4 episodes last night. I haven't watched the mainline series for ages now, although I did watch the Mega Evolution specials earlier in the year.

Man, the last fight I watched against Sawyer was outstanding. When Greninja went all Naruto and the music kicked it I was loving it.

:yay: I probably watch the next episode over the weekend.

I'm a little torn on who I want to win the final. I would love to see Ash win something meaningful but i've love the character of Alain. Dude was hard as nails in the specials.

Shouldn't Ash be able to one shot with Pikachu at this point? The thing must be a crazy high level now. :D

Shouldn't Ash be able to one shot with Pikachu at this point? The thing must be a crazy high level now. :D

Well...watch the Ash VS Alain battle...

But don't forget that this isn't the games. Levels don't really exist.

The XY Series has been the best the anime has been in a long time, possibly ever. The battle scenes are amazing, there's such little filler, loads of character development. It's top notch and this league has had the most hype battles we have seen in years

Where are you guys watching these eps? They're the ones that haven't aired outside Japan right?

Watched Pokémon Origins last night. Enjoyed it. The Cubone episode was lovely and really enjoyed the MewTwo battle.

Where are you guys watching these eps? They're the ones that haven't aired outside Japan right?

I just found them on Youtube, same goes for the Hoopa movie ( this was in English, though ). Some of the subs can be a little off but if you can find ones that are decent then everything is fine. I just searched for Kalos League Finals subbed and found them all last night.

Watched Pokémon Origins last night. Enjoyed it. The Cubone episode was lovely and really enjoyed the MewTwo battle.

I enjoyed bit of that. I just felt it was a little too rushed and I would have preferred a more fleshed out series.

I've been watching the Japanese dub of the recent anime episodes. Its definately noticeable how far the series has come in terms of animation, I stopped watching the anime partway through the Johto series although I did watch a bit of Hoenn before deciding that I was too old for the show and that was that... at least until this year when I decided to watch some of the episodes I missed on Youtube as part of a huge nostalgia fest.

Its rare to see Ash actually have an entire team of fully evolved Pokemon that he's using, apart from Pikachu of course. Every Pokemon he has acquired have all evolved into their final forms whereas previously only certain Pokemon evolved in his team and not quite all the way. No wonder Ash has yet to win a league title and no wonder he's holding his own very well this time around considering his team (Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra, Noivern). OK, a few too many flying types and there's a glaring weakness to Ice but I suppose it doesn't really matter much when your fate is in the hands of writers rather than game mechanics.

I enjoyed bit of that. I just felt it was a little too rushed and I would have preferred a more fleshed out series.

That's called the main anime.

If you took the main anime and condensed it, it'd be just like Origins

Shall I just go ahead and ask a mod to rename this the "Pokemon Anime topic"?

I've never felt so lost in a Pokemon topic.

That's called the main anime.

If you took the main anime and condensed it, it'd be just like Origins

The animation, art style and general tone was much better than the main anime. I would love a main series like Origins.

Shall I just go ahead and ask a mod to rename this the "Pokemon Anime topic"?

I've never felt so lost in a Pokemon topic.

I'm surprised you don't watch it, given your love of the games.

I'm surprised you don't watch it, given your love of the games.

You're not the first to say that. I didn't even watch the whole first series. 10 year old me checked out about halfway through it. Rather be the trainer than watch Mr. Ketchum Thunderbolt his way to inevitable League failure.

I've dipped in a few times. The first two PMD specials and Origins being the main things, but it was too much stuff condensed into a small space of time, much like you said.

I mean, I'd love to see an actual series based on Explorers of Sky, but that episode came and went and half an hour is not even close to telling that story.

They'd probably kiddify the crap out of it and just annoy me anyway.

I've been told so many times that I should give the latest series a try, but I just look at that damn Greninja abomination and I'm scared I'll actually groan myself to death. Much like I do whenever someone names the Gen 1 rival "Gary"

It's Blue, damnit!

The animation, art style and general tone was much better than the main anime. I would love a main series like Origins.

It's really not haha. Trust me :)

It's really not haha. Trust me :)

It all depends on what your prefer. Origins has a more anime style to it, which I prefer, while the main series looks like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Anyway, just watched episode 37. Good stuff. Watching the preview of the next episode and they've really ripped off the Rasen Shuriken from Naruto with that Greninja move. :D

A thing that really annoys me when watching this show is how the trainer calls out moves. An enemy Pokemon has just fired an attack at a Pokemon and yet the thing just stands there unless a trainer tells it to move or dodge. Surely when you see a fireball heading your way you would just dodge it yourself, rather than waiting for Ash to tell you to move. Baffling.

A thing that really annoys me when watching this show is how the trainer calls out moves. An enemy Pokemon has just fired an attack at a Pokemon and yet the thing just stands there unless a trainer tells it to move or dodge. Surely when you see a fireball heading your way you would just dodge it yourself, rather than waiting for Ash to tell you to move. Baffling.

Could you imagine if they actually implemented a similar mechanic in the mainline games?

The entirety of Smogon would throw a fit!

I've been watching XY series recently as well. Really hate they reverted Team Rocket to being incompetent again/not really changed the formula.

Shorted haired Serena > long hair Serena though.

Origins was great, shame they only did 4 episodes, would have liked to see the gym battles.

Hah, I was thinking this the other week.

Edit: Some wild origins music appeared!

Edited by Ike

Origins actually was really great. Wish they'd do the same thing for the other games. I'd love to see Gen 5 in particular get the Origins treatment! (Though ideally more than a mere 4 episodes...)

New rumours have popped up regarding Sun/Moon

Alola is made up of 4 islands, Melemele, Poni, Ula’Ula, and Akala.

Post game has 4 “Island Districts” that aren’t viewable on the map. Ekahi Island, Elua Island, Ekolu Island, and Kalola Island.

Kalos is not available post-game, but Hoomaka Cave on Kalola Island holds a huge easter egg I believe. Deep inside there is a dark entrance guarded by a backpacker that states the railroad is closed for now and only a Pokémon that emits a special light can ignite the way to the other side. No Pokémon in your party will allow you to enter for now.

Rockruff has 3 evolutions similar to Eevee in RBY. All of them require learning “Howl”.

Salandit has a split evolution line at level 36, one for Male and one for Female.

There are 16 Z-Stones, 18 total, with a Trial Captain for 16 of the types. Guzma and Plumeria are holders of the missing Dark and Poison Z-Stones.

Some Pokémon can change shape/stats after they perform a Z-Move. These include Greninja (Rainbow), Solgaleo (Radiant), Lunala (Full Moon), Marshadow (Eclipse), Espeon (Dawn), and Umbreon (Dusk).

All 47 Mega Stones are accessible on the island districts. There aren’t any new Mega Evolutions.

There are a total of 128 new Pokémon and 23 Alolan forms. These Alolan forms are all Gen 1 exclusive Pokémon.

Alolan form Pokémon that are capable of Mega Evolving can do so, Alakazam and Kangaskahn are among these.

Marshadow, an extremely gorgeous dolphin, has a jewel on its head that emit sparkles so bright, that its seen as the emissary of light. It’s stats are pretty underwhelming, but it has a cool ability that allows it to have any Psychic type combination. The second type is random every time it enters the battle field. Even switching out causes it to change.

The Strange Souvenir item in XY depicts a Ghost/Rock Pokémon from Alola named Gigareki. It’s a giant tiki (different from the Tapu lines) that has an amazing laughing animation when you battle with it. It is said to be the oldest living Pokémon, and seen as a “Teacher” in many ways.

The NX will be a dual handheld/console set for release next year. Sept 2017 there will be a parent game that features both regions of XYSM exclusive to this console.

Rainbow Greninja will be revealed by TPC on Aug 21.

Going to call fake on this. If they do reveal what this leak claims on the last day of the World Championships then there might be some credibility to it but 4Chan is the last place you can trust for rumours like this...

I just found them on Youtube, same goes for the Hoopa movie ( this was in English, though ). Some of the subs can be a little off but if you can find ones that are decent then everything is fine. I just searched for Kalos League Finals subbed and found them all last night

Watched an episode today on YouTube, the subs were terrible, I could have done better.

I think the Hoopa movie is on Netflix, is it worth watching? The last movie I watched was pretty bad I thought (think Darkrai was in it?).

New rumours have popped up regarding Sun/Moon

Alola is made up of 4 islands, Melemele, Poni, Ula’Ula, and Akala.

Post game has 4 “Island Districts” that aren’t viewable on the map. Ekahi Island, Elua Island, Ekolu Island, and Kalola Island.

Kalos is not available post-game, but Hoomaka Cave on Kalola Island holds a huge easter egg I believe. Deep inside there is a dark entrance guarded by a backpacker that states the railroad is closed for now and only a Pokémon that emits a special light can ignite the way to the other side. No Pokémon in your party will allow you to enter for now.

Rockruff has 3 evolutions similar to Eevee in RBY. All of them require learning “Howl”.

Salandit has a split evolution line at level 36, one for Male and one for Female.

There are 16 Z-Stones, 18 total, with a Trial Captain for 16 of the types. Guzma and Plumeria are holders of the missing Dark and Poison Z-Stones.

Some Pokémon can change shape/stats after they perform a Z-Move. These include Greninja (Rainbow), Solgaleo (Radiant), Lunala (Full Moon), Marshadow (Eclipse), Espeon (Dawn), and Umbreon (Dusk).

All 47 Mega Stones are accessible on the island districts. There aren’t any new Mega Evolutions.

There are a total of 128 new Pokémon and 23 Alolan forms. These Alolan forms are all Gen 1 exclusive Pokémon.

Alolan form Pokémon that are capable of Mega Evolving can do so, Alakazam and Kangaskahn are among these.

Marshadow, an extremely gorgeous dolphin, has a jewel on its head that emit sparkles so bright, that its seen as the emissary of light. It’s stats are pretty underwhelming, but it has a cool ability that allows it to have any Psychic type combination. The second type is random every time it enters the battle field. Even switching out causes it to change.

The Strange Souvenir item in XY depicts a Ghost/Rock Pokémon from Alola named Gigareki. It’s a giant tiki (different from the Tapu lines) that has an amazing laughing animation when you battle with it. It is said to be the oldest living Pokémon, and seen as a “Teacher” in many ways.

The NX will be a dual handheld/console set for release next year. Sept 2017 there will be a parent game that features both regions of XYSM exclusive to this console.

Rainbow Greninja will be revealed by TPC on Aug 21.

Going to call fake on this. If they do reveal what this leak claims on the last day of the World Championships then there might be some credibility to it but 4Chan is the last place you can trust for rumours like this...

Faker than fake

Watched an episode today on YouTube, the subs were terrible, I could have done better.

I think the Hoopa movie is on Netflix, is it worth watching? The last movie I watched was pretty bad I thought (think Darkrai was in it?).

Yeah, some of them are terrible. I started watching one that had yellow subtitles and the thing was just awful. I seem to find that the ones that use the english names of the trainers and Pokemon are the better ones.

A lot of the more recent movies have been rubbish but I really enjoyed the Hoopa one. There's plenty of action in it and a lot less of the kiddie garbage.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Game Freak’s Shigeki Morimoto will take to the stage in order to show off live gameplay of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Budding Pokémon trainers will be able to tune in to see for themselves via twitch.tv/nintendodeutschland on 18th August at 17:00 CEST.

Hopefully it will be a hell of a lot better than their showing at E3. That thing was coma inducing.

Hopefully it will be a hell of a lot better than their showing at E3. That thing was coma inducing.

I wouldn't put your money on that. Pokemon is never an interesting game to watch. The exception being hilarious speed runs that use glitches to finish the game in less than a minute.