Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Games Done Quick

On 05/07/2021 at 8:48 PM, Dcubed said:

YOU CAN KILL EMPEROR ING WITH SCREWATTACK!!?!?!??!?!

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?!?!

This was new to me too! When they said they were only a few minutes away yet had this battle still to go I thought they’d made a mistake!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The SGDQ 2022 schedule is out now! (June 26th - July 3rd)

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

An amazing selection of games here! Kirby & The Forgotten Land (That was quick!!), Metroid Dread (FINALLY!!), Banjo Tooie Any%, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Super Mario Odyssey, DKCTF... even Super Mario Maker 2 is back! This is one of the best selections we've had in quite some time! :D (Just what the hell is DKC Reverse Boss order!?!? I'm keen to see how that one works!)

BTW, for those that aren't aware... SGDQ 2022 will be an in-person event!!! Making it the first in-person GDQ since the COVID pandemic started in March 2020! So this is gonna be one to remember! :D

Edited by Dcubed

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, WackerJr said:

Wow I’d completely forgotten about this! At least I’ll be able to catch up on runs via their YouTube channel.  Anyone have any recommendations yet of what I should check out?

It only happened a few hours ago, so I doubt it's available on YouTube yet, but the Ocarina of Time Randomiser is a fun one.

Monster Hunter Rise marks the first time we've ever seen the series at GDQ, so that's worth a watch too.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

AGDQ has been running for a few days now and some videos are up on YouTube.

Watched the Crash Bandicoot 3 (from the N. Sane Trilogy) run yesterday. And here I thought I could run through the game fast :p

Might tune in to the Super Mario Galaxy 2 race live and have it running on my second monitor while playing some games :D

Two days in and they're already at almost $350k. :peace:

• 4 months later...

SGDQ is ongoing. Pokémon Colosseum race about to start once Metroid Prime Remastered is done.

The Four Swords GBA run (first time at GDQ, that game) was fun, in that it is completely inaccurate to how the game is normally played. Trust me, if that comes to the NSO app, it won't be that cooperative.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/30/2024 at 11:50 AM, Dcubed said:

You won’t want to miss it

Watched the first 10 minutes and I'm not enjoying it.
I know it's Games Done Quick, but the setup doesn't really work. The game needs lots of explaining and they immediately start with the Plasma Deck which is arguably the Deck that changes things up most.
Also: The guy running the game is making silly mistakes. I know, I know, the pressure of being on stage but still...

Would've preferred if he took things much slower and explained and thought about his moves more. Not sure if I'll bother watching the rest of the run ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon