Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

Totally unfair to announce it in the middle of the night! But good news that it's finally coming, and don't underestimate how much you can say with a video and talk for 3 minutes. We should probably just not expect hardware details (power, etc.) and games but aside from that we should have a pretty good idea of what the system is about.

Also, "home gaming system" could refer to a system in particular. Components that work together and such.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last! The pitch black nothingness is over!!!! :bouncy:

We can finally have some sort of conversation about it!

3 minutes seems strikingly short for a brand new reveal though. Not much time to make an impression, so hopefully that means that they're confident that the message is simple enough to get across and not confusing...

Wait, it's actually happening!? As in, something concrete? And it's happening tonight? Right on the day when I've got no more work for the rest of the week? Sometimes it pays to have Ninty spying on you.

They totally jumped the gun though, it was meant to happen when @S\.C\.G reached Hunter Rank 64.5 in MonHun Generations!

Maybe we'll finally go 3 days without yet another rumour popping up here now.

Edited by Glen-i

At last! The pitch black nothingness is over!!!! :bouncy:

We can finally have some sort of conversation about it!

3 minutes seems strikingly short for a brand new reveal though. Not much time to make an impression, so hopefully that means that they're confident that the message is simple enough to get across and not confusing...

I think it's just going to be a teaser with a full reveal date at the end. I've said this for a while now, they needed to get something out before their investors meeting next week because they will not remain silent if they were still hush hush.

My guess is that it will be something similar to how the Wii's controller was revealed, lots of shots of people 'playing' something and then the main distinguishing feature of the console shown at the end.

I imagine the main reveal won't be too far away though. In the next two weeks.

I hope so. While I'm excited to finally get to see the NX, I was hoping for a full blown reveal, with games and montages all over the place. Instead it seems we are only getting a taste. :(

I wonder if they are going to drip feed us stuff until the thing actually launches.

I hope so. While I'm excited to finally get to see the NX, I was hoping for a full blown reveal, with games and montages all over the place. Instead it seems we are only getting a taste. :(

I wonder if they are going to drip feed us stuff until the thing actually launches.

Same :/ Hopefully they date the next reveal after this one

Wait, it's actually happening!? As in, something concrete? And it's happening tonight? Right on the day when I've got no more work for the rest of the week? Sometimes it pays to have Ninty spying on you.

Not tonight, 3pm unless I'm misreading.

I actually have no idea who she is barring all of her speculative/insider knowledge posts, posted in this thread.

She's been a video games journalist for quite a while - wrote a number of pretty comprehensive good read articles on Not Enough Shaders(NES) then went off to do her own thing on what I thought was her own site(Dromble) either before or after trying to leave video games journalism to help indies or something(obvs didn't work out as she came back to writing). Not sure who she writes for now(think just her own WP blog), but her articles were as I said usually quite a good read for some of Nintendo's histories. Given the nature of her articles and having seen her about a few times I give her a bit more credence than most other speculators - but I still take it all with a rather large pinch of salt. I much prefer when she sticks to writing stuff.

Same - wondering if this might just be a quick teaser trailer for a more official/fuller reveal and they're doing it to get some hype and awareness up and out there - many people may have stopped caring by this point and they'll wanna try and build that back up a bit if so.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!