NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I can't stress enough how strangely entertaining this video is. Bowser in Dad Mode really is the best Bowser.

The version uploaded by Nintendo has over 1 million views and is trending on Youtube...

Too bad that they're not commercially available currently (and probably cost thousands!). We'll get there within the next 2-3 years though.

256GB cards cost ~£140 so just imagine what 2TB card will cost...

HD Rumble does sound amazing, hope they find some good uses for it. What sort of demo showed it off, the ice cube trick?

Oh and yeah that parental controls video is just brilliant.

I can feel myself caving

I've got quite a few games I could trade in, my A link between worlds 3DS XL and then i'll have around £100-150

stil think its too expensive, if it had a pack in *cough* 1, 2 switch *cough*

USB hDD is great news! my ps4 hard drive (OG) can have a use and a hilarious one at that!

Good to here Skyrim is based on the PC/Special edition and shut up the scare mongering idiots, just need Fifa confirmations

and Some confirmation on the OS party chat, which seems so likely since you can buy headsets, I mean why sell them if its expecting you to use a mobile phone?

HD Rumble does sound amazing, hope they find some good uses for it. What sort of demo showed it off, the ice cube trick?

I'm kind of curious how it compares to the PS4 one, because that can also feel like an object is rolling around the controller (and is also complimented by the sound).

Apparently, 1, 2, Switch has a game called Count Balls, where you have to use the HD Rumble to figure how many "Balls" are in your Joy-Con.

It apparently really feels like there's balls rolling around inside there.

Question about Laura, or what's here name, she was wrong about a lot of things, isn't it? Especially launch games and some hardware related things.

Oh and yeah that parental controls video is just brilliant.

Apparently, 1, 2, Switch has a game called Count Balls, where you have to use the HD Rumble to figure how many "Balls" are in your Joy-Con.

It apparently really feels like there's balls rolling around inside there.

Yeah this is the only use I've found so far. Wooden box standing in for the Joy-Con and you need to tilt it to feel how many balls are in there.

It's a nice bit of tech, but likewise I'm still struggling to think of many uses for it.

The tech sounds pretty crazy.

Does the pro controller have the HD rumble as well? Bringing the cost up.

Edited by liger05

Does the pro controller have the HD rumble as well? Bringing the cost up.

Yeah. It has both HD Rumble and gyro built into it. I guess that's why it's a crazy price.

I do not get why they've put it in there. Like @Ashley said, what uses will it have and those it might have, will that really bring something to the table over normal rumble..?! Nothing game-changing I imagine!

I do not get why they've put it in there. Like @Ashley said, what uses will it have and those it might have, will that really bring something to the table over normal rumble..?! Nothing game-changing I imagine!

I'm confident that all three games which make use of it will be interesting experiences.

I'm still gutted that Miiverse is getting scrapped. Why? It seems from the Switch you can post screenshots etc to Facebook and twitter but to be honest no-one really cares. At least on Miiverse there was an audience for it. It was really good that you could follow your other peoples gaming progress.

I'm still gutted that Miiverse is getting scrapped. Why? It seems from the Switch you can post screenshots etc to Facebook and twitter but to be honest no-one really cares. At least on Miiverse there was an audience for it. It was really good that you could follow your other peoples gaming progress.

Providing you can use hashtags on Twitter posts then it makes perfect sense; Twitter is MUCH bigger than Miiverse.

For me, it's an unnecessary addition and cost. The new rumble is clearly causing the price increase in both the Switch console bundle and the pads themselves. They've essentially doubled the price of a normal pad by implemented. You could probably knock £40 off the price of the console if the rumble wasn't a thing.

Yup. Gutted myself.

I don't use social media and if that's the alternative for posting stuff on the Switch then it's no different than what the One and PS4 are doing and it's just not as good.

I like the fact Nintendo are doing something like HD rumble. It's the sort of thing I used to associate Nintendo with. Now obviously there is no point if the software doesn't take advantage of the feature.

Didn't realise the Pro controller had gyro (makes sense) and HD Rumble, that's cool. Sounds like it's very comfortable to hold as well

For me, it's an unnecessary addition and cost. The new rumble is clearly causing the price increase in both the Switch console bundle and the pads themselves. They've essentially doubled the price of a normal pad by implemented. You could probably knock £40 off the price of the console if the rumble wasn't a thing.

This is my current stance. I don't want it to become the Gamepad again.

That said, I'm sure the tech is great and I look forward to *hopefully* seeing Nintendo actually use it.

It seems quite a minimal little feature that probably wasn't difficult or expensive to implement. They introduce a new innovation with each gen and this is one of them.

On another note, are we expecting a Switch Direct sometime in the next 7 weeks? Maybe go over the OS a bit, Virtual Console etc?

It seems quite a minimal little feature that probably wasn't difficult or expensive to implement. They introduce a new innovation with each gen and this is one of them.

On another note, are we expecting a Switch Direct sometime in the next 7 weeks? Maybe go over the OS a bit, Virtual Console etc?

I dunno, I mean the price of a single joycon is pretty expensive. Either it's very cheap to make and implement and Nintendo are just over charging or it is quite a costly little feature and they are charging what they need to. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and I'll go with the latter option.

NoA said they would talk about VC at a later date. You would assume a Direct with that information, as well as online and OS features, would hit before launch.

Na, the joycon's are very expensive tech, hence the price of them being sold individually (likewise the Pro controller). Hands on reports all suggest that this HD tech is also top notch; that cost has to get passed on to the consumer as they can't afford to sell at a loss.

What do you reckon the supermarkets are going to do with regards to the Switch? If I remember rightly wasn't the Wii U completely snubbed everywhere other than the game retailers?

Be nice to see some supermarket presence again. My local Asda and Tesco eventually started selling the odd game, and I think Tesco eventually got consoles but only the bigger stores.

Got back from the Switch event late last night, due to a few complications. However, none the less i was impressed by the Switch. From hands-on experiences of Breath of the Wild and various different games of 1, 2..Switch (that guess the ball game was impressive, honestly could feel the balls rolling around inside the joy-con), i knew Nintendo has the ability to pull off great experiences throughout.

However, the event had a few issues. Namely it was quite crowded, to the point at times you could hardly move. A few in our group were left disappointed because they couldn't get to play the new Zelda (to be honest, with the venue size as it was and the fact most people seemed to have come on the Saturday, it was difficult to get onto some games).

That's not to say it was a great event, it had free food and drinks on offer. Nintendo did miss a beat and didn't have a small merchandise stand up, but that was minor.

A few snaps of the event.

31510769503_84c42c7f99_k.jpg

32202056771_63a0ab9ff4_k.jpg

32171972862_87740ef0a9_k.jpg

Would have taken more, but i was too busy having fun on the various games about.

Parental controls are for the system rather than player.

That's BS

Does seem like a weird oversight, especially as they mention it in the trailer. Why not having the option to set them for users or the system?

Although I guess how would you validate that the person logged in is actually the adult not the child...unless when an adult logs in to the machine it asks for confirmation that the controls are to be ignored during this session via the phone. If we ignore the fact most kids know how to use their parents phone anyway ;)

Considering there's no Miiverse now (even though it was moderated before anyway) what could a kid actually do on a Nintendo machine that would warrant parental controls?