NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

That would be a strong launch :)

Yeah I would be very happy with that. 3D Mario? Fuck yes. I'll queue up for it at midnight if that turns out to be true. She also suggests that Splatoon will have new single player content so it's likely a sequel using the exact same engine. I thought the single player content was the best part of the game so I'm sold :D

Hopefully there's something like Luigi's Mansion or Wave Race there too, or even a new big multiplayer title like Wii Sports / Nintendo Land.

Yeah I would be very happy with that. 3D Mario? Fuck yes. I'll queue up for it at midnight if that turns out to be true. She also suggests that Splatoon will have new single player content so it's likely a sequel using the exact same engine. I thought the single player content was the best part of the game so I'm sold :D

Hopefully there's something like Luigi's Mansion or Wave Race there too, or even a new big multiplayer title like Wii Sports / Nintendo Land.

Emily Rogers thinks Mario Kart 8.5 will also be a launch title.

Splatoon is so good it deserves to be in as many people's hands as possible. New single player content makes me very happy too.

Good to hear confirmation of Skyrim and 3D Mario at launch.

This launch rumour suits me fine. Love me some 3D Mario and any new Splatoon is exciting stuff.

New Mario will help distinguish the lineup as being a port-fest, something I think even Zelda would have fallen into.

Nintendo better compensate Wii U owners on these ports. Mario Kart may have additional tracks, characters and a new battle mode (so says Rogers), but most of the content we paid for (inc. DLC pack) so new gamers who didn't support Nintendo with Wii U are getting an even better deal...

I'm sure smash will be the same. And Mario Maker. Dont' screw us becausde we were the ones who bought them all on wii u.

It's fine. It's not like Nintendo has a history for making you buy the same games every time a new console comes out...

EA have announced they'll be launching a game with the console, my heart says FIFA 17 with ultimate team, my head says NBA as this was in the reveal video.

EA have announced they'll be launching a game with the console, my heart says FIFA 17 with ultimate team, my head says NBA as this was in the reveal video.

Wasn't the NBA game 2k sports and not EA.

The EA NBA game sucks and the switch doesn't need that at all.

Yeah, it's 2K's NBA game in the Switch trailer.

If Laura Kate is right as she has been on everything so far then my launch purchases are sorted. I never bought Splatoon for Wii U so I'm keen to try it out, i'm keen to play through Skyrim again and will obviously be totally up for some Mario at launch. Sounds like a great mix of titles to me.

Though I do hope we get a physical copy of Splatoon packed in because I'd prefer it over digital, but i'm expecting it to be a download code because that's what Nintendo have done with 3DS pack in's for a while now.

Edited by killthenet

3D Mario at launch sounds good. I don't know much about Skyrim, but would probably buy that as well. Zelda will probably be Christmas though, rather than just a few months after launch.

- He talks about how they had to develop games "for the 3DS" (by that he means that they couldn't make games for HD systems and then scale down, because of how weak the 3DS is) and now they're relieved it's not a weak-ass system anymore.

It's good Nintendo is moving onto technologies that are in line with what other developers are already using. Not that 3DS was short of games, but it did always seem much below (and different to) everything else. Give in, Nintendo, give in!

Who is Emily Rogers?

Twitter user. Says things on occasion, sometimes correct sometimes wrong.

Will be a great line up if that's how it pans out, but she forgot to add Smash Bros to the list so it should be an even better first year.

[tweet]798886351911403520[/tweet]

LOL, a "clown"? Seems a bit unnecessary. I didn't know there was anyone claiming Wii U's line-up was better. Plus, although I do believe Emily Rogers is legit, not even Nintendo knows they'll actually have all those games ready in the first 12 months.

Hmmm. I'd probably be interested in 3D Mario & Zelda. Obviously have to wait to see what the new IP and Retro Studios games are.

90% of the time correct on everything Switch related.

90% of the time correct on everything Switch related.

I too am a master of pulling percentages out of my ass

[tweet]798886351911403520[/tweet]

I need a change of underwear.

(Pokémon?! What could that be...A 3D remake of Gen 1, maybe?)

Yeah, it's 2K's NBA game in the Switch trailer.

If Laura Kate is right as she has been on everything so far then my launch purchases are sorted. I never bought Splatoon for Wii U so I'm keen to try it out, i'm keen to play through Skyrim again and will obviously be totally up for some Mario at launch. Sounds like a great mix of titles to me.

Though I do hope we get a physical copy of Splatoon packed in because I'd prefer it over digital, but i'm expecting it to be a download code because that's what Nintendo have done with 3DS pack in's for a while now.

Pack-in will be digital beyond a doubt - why give yourself extra costs and reduce margins? My biggest issue is that if they pack-in Splatoon however they need to make sure that they fix some of the online aspects of it. Not sure how I'm feeling right now having read about the 1v1 mode. It's a great game and I want it in many more hands but its online needs to be rock solid, especially as a push or pack-in with a brand new system.

In her defence I wouldn't just call her a 'Twitter user' she's been writing articles about Nintendo's history for many years now and tends to go into a fair amount of detail where she can. Admittedly I've not read much since her NES days but I always found her articles interesting and worth reading despite being quite comprehensive.

I'd be tempted by new Mario on launch, and a Splatoon pack-in, but I also worry about this supposed Zelda delay. I had intentions to purchase on the WiiU, but with a delay beyond the Switch's launch I honestly don't know what I'll do. It's frustrating/annoying enough that I might not actually buy it brand new, and go second hand or wait a bit for reactions before doing so - because I don't agree with its approach in delay etc and as much as I'd like the experience, I'm not keen to directly support them monetarily if that's how they wish to conduct themselves.

As for the EA game - it's either gonna be a sports title so they can leave it to die and justify not putting titles on the console, or one of their other titles(not sure what's coming/out/about??) for them to test the waters of the systems demand and saleability before putting their bigger titles like the sports ones etc on it too.

I kind of forget that sarcasm isn't conveyed very well over the internet.

Don't get me wrong, there's enough bluster around her as anyone else; but I still give her more a benefit of a doubt than most other folks due to her previous track record. I'm not sure she's been quite as on point in the last few years as I stopped following or paying attention; but it seems that she's certainly got a somewhat unique perspective on some aspects of the industry especially with a Nintendo focus. I don't know much about Laura Kate Dale but with the two corroborating each other so far they do seem somewhat credible sources for things.