NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

If they have a simple tool that automatically.. idk 50% reduces textures, intelligently dumbs down character models etc so that a home console version can be downgraded with no effort, and the game simple be labelled "for tv" or something (works mobile but looks like dog poop :P) or "on the go" for mobile games that are low texture lower poly models etc just on a bigger screen... or a third "home and on the move" games which have optimised variants for both scenarios. But we have to see how the console actually works. I am getting rather impatient now! :P

But then aren't we all :D

For me it's not just about graphics though, it's about design. Games levels being designed shorter for example to suit portable play.

I say as I look over to the Vita and notice that it is literally covered in dust.

I know what you mean, I had to use one of these the other day before playing Severed on Vita

field_school1-300x200.jpg

Yeah but I'm sure you've claimed before something in your drawer got dusty so maybe you just need a good spring clean :heh:

The only reason my vita is dusty is that it quit taking a charge and won't turn on. I'd very much like to finish P4Golden and Disgaea 4.

The only reason my vita is dusty is that it quit taking a charge and won't turn on. I'd very much like to finish P4Golden and Disgaea 4.

I had same problem. Connected it to my laptop and the orange light came on. Then connected charger and thing came back to life.

I have seen plenty of people say that there Vita wont charge anymore though.

I had same problem. Connected it to my laptop and the orange light came on. Then connected charger and thing came back to life.

I have seen plenty of people say that there Vita wont charge anymore though.

I think I tried that but to no success.

Absolutely terrible imo. Why do they always feel a need to move away from some of their codenames? I think NX is nice, short and punchy as it is - they should just keep it.

Plus I foresee some obvious jokes and ridicule for Nintendo naming something Focus...

There's a rumour going round that it's going to be called Nintendo Focus.

Seriously hope not.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.itechpost.com/amp/articles/25092/20160822/nintendo-nx-release-date-game-releases-unveiled-4chan.htm?client=safari

I don't trust those sort of websites, if you search google for 'Nintendo NX' you get so many 'news' results from websites like those that are just click bait bullshit. The fact that it mentions launch games including 'Super Smash Bros.' 'Super Smash Bros. Melee' just stinks of bad journalism and it's telling that the story is 4 days old and hasn't been picked up by any of the major games media.

Also the fact that I can go to GoDaddy.com and buy the domain names nintendo-focus.com & nintendo-focus.co.uk pretty much confirms that Nintendo aren't pursuing that as a name.

I don't trust those sort of websites, if you search google for 'Nintendo NX' you get so many 'news' results from websites like those that are just click bait bullshit. The fact that it mentions launch games including 'Super Smash Bros.' 'Super Smash Bros. Melee' just stinks of bad journalism and it's telling that the story is 4 days old and hasn't been picked up by any of the major games media.

Also the fact that I can go to GoDaddy.com and buy the domain names nintendo-focus.com & nintendo-focus.co.uk pretty much confirms that Nintendo aren't pursuing that as a name.

Perhaps you should. And if(when) it turns out not to be the name, then you can set up a website all about playing Nintendo...in a Ford Focus!!

The link says we're getting a new F-Zero..? The rumours must be fake :heh:

It would appropriately be called F-Zero Focus ;)

Nintendo need to hurry the fuck up and announce a reveal date, I would totally extend my stay in Tokyo if it's going to be available to try at TGS.

Any final bets on what it might be? I'm betting on handheld with the ability to plug into the TV. Not groundbreaking, but if it were a main feature it could pull it off better than the PSP did.

Nintendo need to hurry the fuck up and announce a reveal date, I would totally extend my stay in Tokyo if it's going to be available to try at TGS.

Any final bets on what it might be? I'm betting on handheld with the ability to plug into the TV. Not groundbreaking, but if it were a main feature it could pull it off better than the PSP did.

My money is still October, having been postponed from September reveal due to not wanting to have to share spotlight/loss focus due to Neo in September

We should ask Tom Phillips I hear he knows all the things ;)

Anyway, Neo is early September, plenty of time for it. And if they can so easily move it it would suggest the plans weren't that big or their budget is!

My money is still October, having been postponed from September reveal due to not wanting to have to share spotlight/loss focus due to Neo in September

I can understand your reasoning, but even with Nintendo slipping from their dominant position, NX will be the big focus for most of the industry due to the incredible secrecy and mystery behind what is a relatively late reveal if it is still on course for a March release.

I think Ashley has a point with how Neo is due to be revealed earlier in the month, plus having the NX primed to be in playable form at TGS would steal the show if its key features do resonate with the crowd.

After a few years of apathy, I'm very optimistic and excited for what Nintendo have in store with the NX. But there's always that little caution sign in my head about getting too excited about it heh

After a few years of apathy, I'm very optimistic and excited for what Nintendo have in store with the NX..

That's always such a dangerous place to be with Nintendo, as you're clearly aware :heh:

When you think Nintendo are in a position to shock and amaze us, they always manage to leave us scratching our heads wondering what on earth they were thinking :blank:

I suspect we'll see plenty of things to encourage us when the NX is finally revealed but equally there'll be things to make us sigh and realise that Nintendo will never learn :grin:

If you disregard what we've seen of the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild, does anyone have any predictions as to what will be the very first game we see footage of at the NX reveal? :hehe:

If you disregard what we've seen of the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild, does anyone have any predictions as to what will be the very first game we see footage of at the NX reveal? :hehe:

It has to be a new 3D Mario.....or Captain Toad 2. :D

It has to be a new 3D Mario.....or Captain Toad 2. :D

I'd love Captain Toad 2

Pffft, I think you mean Captain Turd 2.

Ah, I miss Wii. :( I see he's still his usual self in the NintendoLife comments sections, though. :D

I'd love Captain Toad 2

As would I, just not as the headline title for the new console. Saying that, it would be fun to see just for the meltdowns that would happen. :p

Captain Toad 2 would be amazing but I can't imagine it being the first game Nintendo show for NX!

A new 3D Mario would be a safe bet but maybe Nintendo would want to start with a new Metroid to shake things up a bit :smile:

My prediction, however, is Animal Crossing.. unfortunately :blank:

Captain Toad 2 would be amazing but I can't imagine it being the first game Nintendo show for NX!

A new 3D Mario would be a safe bet but maybe Nintendo would want to start with a new Metroid to shake things up a bit :smile:

My prediction, however, is Animal Crossing.. unfortunately :blank:

I dunno, a new Animal Crossing I could actually play on my TV would probably interest me more than most other things Nintendo could announce.