NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Needs to be a slightly different shade of white in that logo one as it is sickly.

They're nice designs, but you ain't gonna find me forking out £70 for a new colour scheme :heh: Options are always good though.

I just hope they release a spice orange/yellow edition, seeing as my entire living room has a yellow theme going on :P.

igwwgn3x9xvkytkvjgie.jpg

This needs to happen as well!

C3bspp1WMAA4X9P.jpg

I wish I had a stronger will sometimes. I see this and I desperately want it! ::shrug:

I just hope they release a spice orange/yellow edition, seeing as my entire living room has a yellow theme going on :P.

igwwgn3x9xvkytkvjgie.jpg

That looks like it should be on a dinghy out at sea, saving someone's life somehow.

It's weird how cool the Switch looks, yet slot the joy-cons into that controller and they look ugly as sin.

It's weird how cool the Switch looks, yet slot the joy-cons into that controller and they look ugly as sin.

I think it's the resulting squareness of it. I wonder if they'd made it slightly wider so the controller ended up more of a rectangle, it wouldn't look too bad?

Honestly I think the vast majority of these controller colours look horrendous, and would look even worse attached to the Switch or the black charger.

There's something about the Neon Red/Blue that works on the tablet itself mind you.

They're nice designs, but you ain't gonna find me forking out £70 for a new colour scheme :heh: Options are always good though.

Likewise, though I say that now...

I would however fork out £45 for a D pad joy-con. Really hoping Nintendo release that asap.

Needs to be a slightly different shade of white in that logo one as it is sickly.

Seeing that pic of all the partner-character themed ones made me think how cool would it be if those existed and when you bought/pre-ordered your console you didn't actually get a standard joy-con set with it but instead you got to choose which ones you had? Obvs it'd take a bit of work from Nintendo and possible cost in guaging stock/demand and working with retailers - but the idea of avoiding paying £70 for another set but getting the ones you want with the console...damn. Missed trick imo.

What a hideous beast the Wii U gamepad was.

C3dYQs3VYAE683b.jpg

Side by side it really puts the design into perspective... although the Gamepad was a fairly comfy fit in my hands.

One thing I do wish the JoyCons had was the slight offset setup between the analogue and buttons that the Gamepad does, even if it made them slightly wider. I think they'd probably be more comfy overall then.

Some of us weren't calling it "My First Tablet" affectionately :heh:

C3dYQs3VYAE683b.jpg

C3dZXfKUkAAs7Si.jpg

switch-3ds-comparison-681x389.jpg

Yep. Really killed the wii u for me as just didn't like using the gamepad.

C3dZXfKUkAAs7Si.jpg

By the way, this is also a future color, I bet. Black. We're not getting that yet, but it looks like the developers are. Probably a developer kit, so thats understandable.

Likewise, though I say that now...

I would however fork out £45 for a D pad joy-con. Really hoping Nintendo release that asap.

It's a must. Will be ridiculous not to be able to play 2D fighters or 2D scrollers ever in portable mode because of no Dpad.

For what it's worth Dirt 3 uses one analogue stick for driving and another for looking so one Joy-Con is out (or you have a seriously gimped version).

Surely Nintendo should know that analogue triggers are needed now? Did they not talk to developers, particularly developers that missed them out with the Wii U...?

Although wouldn't the one joy-con have a gyro in there? Could use the gyro for looking (not a clue how easy that would be to implement and use though!)

Although wouldn't the one joy-con have a gyro in there? Could use the gyro for looking (not a clue how easy that would be to implement and use though!)

You could also use your toe on the touch screen. :heh:

Wow, that comparison... The sleekest Nintendo console design yet. Wonder if they brought in a new product design team.

C3dYQs3VYAE683b.jpg

C3dZXfKUkAAs7Si.jpg

switch-3ds-comparison-681x389.jpg

Indeed. Makes the Wii U gamepad look like a protocol. Although I did enjoy using the gamepad.

The Switch does look sleek!

Wow, that comparison... The sleekest Nintendo console design yet. Wonder if they brought in a new product design team.

Yeah they fired Fisher Price

Same team though. It's basically the 3ds with gamepad analogue sticks. Considering how much this thing packs in, it really does make me wonder why they felt the need to make the gamepad so chunky...I can only assume it was to reduce the cost but... yeah :/ Imagine if the Wii U pad had been like the switch, just minus the detachable controllers and actual console inside. Would have looked so much nicer!

Same team though. It's basically the 3ds with gamepad analogue sticks. Considering how much this thing packs in, it really does make me wonder why they felt the need to make the gamepad so chunky...I can only assume it was to reduce the cost but... yeah :/ Imagine if the Wii U pad had been like the switch, just minus the detachable controllers and actual console inside. Would have looked so much nicer!

The Switch does seem like a natural 'Wii 2' successor. Its almost like the entire Wii U gen was a prototypical cocoon phase for Nintendo, especially when you consider their own first party support. (no 'real' Mario, Metroid, Zelda et al and platformers galore).

Don't think so. Probably it's more a matter of the specs drawn up by the higher ups. The Wii U was supposed to carry on the legacy of the Wii, so I think that had a lot to do with how the gamepad turned out.