NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

u_10140215.jpg

Haha, what is that monstrosity?! That would definitely get attention on the tube!

I'm wondering how durable the Switch will be for taking out and about given it's pretty much a flat screen. I'd like to buy a case but the official one seems a bit overkill.

I'm wondering how durable the Switch will be for taking out and about given it's pretty much a flat screen. I'd like to buy a case but the official one seems a bit overkill.

That's why I was originally going to keep the Zelda collectors edition but as the UK edition doesn't have the case I cancelled it.

Overkill? Which one do you mean? The one in the accessory pack seems as small as you could get.

Just one month until the Switch comes out. I can't believe it's this close...

...unfortunately I'm not going to get the chance to play it until April. Brother's buying the console and Breath of the Wild at launch but we don't live together all the time anymore so I won't have access until he comes back. And I've decided not to buy the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild for money reasons.

Looks like I'm going to have to try and avoid Breath of the Wild spoilers for a month...

Looks like I'm going to have to try and avoid Breath of the Wild spoilers for a month...

I have to do it for months :D. I want to play the better version, especially as I play most of the time on the pad (unless I get a new TV).

RE: travelling and stuff. Sure it could get attention, don't get me wrong, but I think we're past the point of paying too much attention to tech while travelling unless a) we're generally nosey or b) attention is drawn to it (shout out to all those that play games with the speakers on). I do wonder though how much people will recognise it for what it is, and not just assume its a tablet with some accessories.

And for what its worth, I listen to Italian podcasts and do work using a pencil and A5 notebook while on the tube because I'm hipster af.

Liking the advertising.

Haha, what is that monstrosity?! That would definitely get attention on the tube!

This is why controllers for phones or tablets will never be a thing. People don't want to lump around with big extra controllers. A

Just been to Game and pre ordered with Zelda.

The guy said the coloured Switch was already sold out but they still had some grey units available. He also said Zelda will be sold out come launch day, so in effect everybody who is buying a Switch will be buying Zelda.

On the day I think I'll get two coloured joycons, charging grip, screen protector & case. That's some serious coinage!!!!!

After the debacle of the Wii U marketing it really looks like Nintendo have got things right with switch. Did they change advertising agencies?

It's a great video, I kind of wish there were a few full screen shots of the games in there though. The games look great, show them off!

with the tagline "anytime, anyplace, anywhere" they should have called this the Nintendo Martini. Only me and Cookyman will probably get that :'-(

The gifs people will make from this material.

Nintendo marketing sure has improved. It's very long for a TV spot but it's very good.

Those party games may just work with young adults.

This comment on gaf made me chuckle

is there a 12 switch mini game that isn't a jack off simulator.

This comment on gaf made me chuckle

Yep it's pretty funny.

They need to get this in cinemas.

Very telling the people used are all young adults. Not really something I've seen before from Nintendo.

Sleep mode looks to be swift...

[tweet]826118162496290817[/tweet]

On the Portuguese advert, apparently someone forgot to photoshop in 1, 2 Switch on the screen... but the system itself doesn't look to be switched off...

Go to 3:00 on the vid:

[tweet]826764669377531905[/tweet]

Okay, the latest umbrage. Ands this is beyond fucking irritating.

Puzo Pluto Tetris is £25 on ps4 and £35 on Switch.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY CHARGING £10 MORE?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I hope there is a superb fucking reason, and this better not be the start of a trend. It's And 3rd parties wonder why their games don't sell on Nintendo consoles - they either gimp them, put out old titles, or over charge. Bunch of cunts!

On the Portuguese advert, apparently someone forgot to photoshop in 1, 2 Switch on the screen... but the system itself doesn't look to be switched off...

Wow. That's quite a fuck up

You make me wonder sometimes as to whether you actually read the thread before posting :p

Liking the advertising.

After the debacle of the Wii U marketing it really looks like Nintendo have got things right with switch. Did they change advertising agencies?

Nintendo marketing sure has improved. It's very long for a TV spot but it's very good.

Those party games may just work with young adults.

Deffo agree, and it's most certainly better than Rufus Hound's bloody bread and butter shit they put out there. Still, have to wonder if it's really going to do much or appeal to people to really get uptake. Still feels a bit of a Wii crowd chaser and whilst it all looks so fun and games in the video will anyone from back then really drop dime on this when they're dropping hundreds on smartphones etc instead? The economic climate is still rough for a number of people, and I'd daresay especially younger adults(personally seen much more unemployment in my social circles in the last 5 years than beforehand).

Sleep mode looks to be swift...

[tweet]826118162496290817[/tweet]

Stuff like THIS is much more appealing to me! Ofc I realise I'm probably not the target audience for the video liger and Serebii posted but you do have to consider that I'm a consumer that they've already got a foot in the door with rather than something fresh JUST looking at an impulse new product. I think they should attack from both sides and market to both - there's many a lapse Ninty fan(espesh after WiiU) that they could potentially turn to sales where the thing's already got a mental presence for them.

Hahaha, ok that's quite embarrassing. But it does highlight something I did think in watching the video - why not give your actors the actual real thing as a prop when filming? It's easy to see the acting side(for me) and I think if they asked them to act AND gave them the actual thing to play with in doing it, you'd get a much better and genuine feeling video. I realise it might carry a bit more work/cost and they probably don't want too many people to see it blah blah blah - but I won't be the only one getting that slightly fake vibe of the advert - and that won't necessarily sell to other such folks; maybe even do the opposite.

EDIT: They didn't waste much time, vid's been pulled already.

Edited by Rummy