NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I'm hoping the OS lets you zoom out to display more rows of games. It looks fine in handheld mode but it'd be overkill to have such huge boxes on the tv.

Same. The TV may look completely different to be honest.

Here's the "Classics" logo on the top of the NES mini box. Could tie into the Virtual Console, or it could just be a one off.

nes-classic-photo-05_1920.0.jpg

Ahhhhh! Where did you manage to find that picture?! That's the sort of thing I've been trying my hardest to find! Ended up in just a lot of internet conversations speculating a lot of what we already had - or blurry pics where you couldn't see anything!

Interesting it's taking such a large input, though a bit of a shame it's going to affect your ability to charge from your devices. What happens in the case of charging a phone from a pc/laptop usb port compared to a mains adaptor though? Both charge, but I'm sure at different rates/inputs to the phone, no? Would that mean that maybe a mains supply charge for the Switch does it faster, but it could still be done via anything else USB-C that can supply?

It took me a while to finally find something of use. It was from here.

You're right in saying that the Switch will still charge while plugged into a normal USB charger, it'll just do it slower. I'm don't think it'd be enough to run the Switch in TV mode though.

Hopefully we'll find out soon enough if it's USB PD, QuickCharge or some propriety setup (please no!). I'm hoping for USB PD.

How this didn't get any Likes I have no idea

Like all good artists my work isn't appreciated during my life.

Like all good artists my work isn't appreciated during my life.

Was it you who wrote the WiiU fortune cookie in Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Was it you who wrote the WiiU fortune cookie in Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

I prefer sending my messages in a different piece of food:

I_m_so_high.gif

How so? If I understand correctly, his [Codemaster guy] argument is that playing with individual joycons are the problem. But the point raised is that that style of play is not mandatory, ala BOTW.

To me just sounds like an excuse - an excuse that is highly liable to do a 180 if the Switch were to sell well.

Exactly. Nobody says you need to be able to play with one joycon.

I think the dev is confused. All the necessary button inputs are there although no analogue triggers more a problem for me.

Edited by liger05

Exactly. Nobody says you need to be able to play with one joycon.

I think the dev is confused. All the necessary button inputs are there although no analogue triggers more a problem for me.

I guess the joy cons (or whole pad) could be tilted, with the angle replicating the relevant pedal. but if it needs regular readjustment to find "0" then it's not so workable.

Ah man... I'll probably buy one, but not at launch. Sure could've used one on my flight to and from Costa Rica...

When's your flight?

I am in a similar position, the switch comes just a few hours too late. Since the main games that interest me are on the Wii U I guess I'll hold out. Hopefully near November I'll be able to get one :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/random_nintendo_gives_away_3ds_consoles_on_plane_to_promote_super_mario_maker

How sweet it would be if they did this with the switch on one of my flights :D One can dream right?

Edited by Pestneb

1-2 switch & Bomberman R are a decent price on base.com

£32.85 & £38.85

Bomberman still needs to drop by another 50% before I'd consider it. That's not a bad price for 1-2 switch if the game has a decent amount of content.

1-2 switch & Bomberman R are a decent price on base.com

£32.85 & £38.85

bomberman looks like a £20 game and that's being generous. not doubting the gameplay will be solid but visually it looks cheap.

It's over priced. I'm still buying it though... £30 digital would be perfect though!!

It's over priced. I'm still buying it though... £30 digital would be perfect though!!

Yep, same for me. I lost many hours on the SNES & Mega Drive versions but that was such a long time ago now, god do I feel old :cry:

bomberman looks like a £20 game and that's being generous. not doubting the gameplay will be solid but visually it looks cheap.

That's a very interesting point. Now that we have a handheld capable of displaying hi end graphics will we stop seeing traditionall 2d handheld type games? It would be a shame if developers felt that had to always use the best graphics for fear their game won't sell.

That's a very interesting point. Now that we have a handheld capable of displaying hi end graphics will we stop seeing traditionall 2d handheld type games? It would be a shame if developers felt that had to always use the best graphics for fear their game won't sell.

Absolutely no chance. I personally think this looks fine, but I don't think the reason think it looks crap is because it's an old style, more that the design looks simple in a cheap way.

2d game are here to stay, there's already loads coming.

Some Japanese dev reaction

http://nintendoeverything.com/tons-of-japanese-devs-share-thoughts-about-this-months-switch-presentation-system-itself/

Thought this quote was pretty interesting.

Bandai Namco – Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken Project director; also produced the PSVR title “Summer Lesson”)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I wasn’t expecting them to begin the presentation by announcing the price. The price is exactly what I’d expect from a marketing point of view, but if you count all the individual peripherals…

The full thing is pretty cheap, and I say that as someone familiar with the inner workings of the system. I have no idea how they kept the price that low.

Yeah those wanting this thing to be £199 are dreaming, there's a ton of tech in there.

Nope, see the PlayStation Vita.

Yeah those wanting this thing to be £199 are dreaming, there's a ton of tech in there.

only 400g actually ;)

If I wanted to I could get it for £255ish (Amazon.Fr) but I think I'll wait, it's already that cheap.. most of the games I want for it are on Wii U so hopefully around November there will be bundles £250ish with a game (hopefully odyssey?) and I'll bite (if everything sounds good for me :))

So the Splatoon fact sheet says connect to an app to "enhance matchmaking options" and for "voice chat options"

Don't even know what that means.... sounds additional....

I'm sure that we will still see traditional handheld games but 2D platformers will be pretty unlikely due to the lack of a d-pad.

It'll be interesting to see how Nintendo manage to push both huge openworld Zeldas like BOTW and more handheld-like titles like A Link Between Worlds, on the same console.