NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Okay, the latest umbrage. Ands this is beyond fucking irritating.

Puzo Pluto Tetris is £25 on ps4 and £35 on Switch.

Wasn't this the game that is digital-only on the PS4, will have the same price for the digital Switch version, and is getting a more expensive physical version because it comes with some extras?

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY CHARGING £10 MORE?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I hope there is a superb fucking reason, and this better not be the start of a trend. It's And 3rd parties wonder why their games don't sell on Nintendo consoles - they either gimp them, put out old titles, or over charge. Bunch of cunts!

That £10 Nintendo on the go tax.

I will get PS4 version that's for sure.

Wasn't this the game that is digital-only on the PS4, will have the same price for the digital Switch version, and is getting a more expensive physical version because it comes with some extras?

It says the digital switch version is £35 too. What extras does the switch version have?

Show me a physcial version of Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Switch and I will willingly put down £35 for it on release. :heh:

If it's digital only though then... I'll probably still buy it but with some reluctance knowing the price difference. :blank:

I still want to play it though. : peace:

Urgh 1,2,Switch is just embarrassing...

It's a bit crazy that ad is 50% longer than the reveal video, I'd totally lost interest by 1,2,Switch.

I'm kinda disappointed that I won't be jumping on the Switch bandwagon anytime soon, but I also think in 5 years time we'll be looking back at the Switch and wondering why Nintendo bothered to put so much unnecessary tech in the controllers that went completely to waste.

Oh, right, the PS4 version is physical-only, not digital, but doesn't come with the extras the physical Switch version has.

This article is for the US release, but I assume it'll be the same for Europe?

https://www.segalization.com/2017/01/13/puyo-puyo-tetris-getting-worldwide-release-nintendo-switch/

SEGA has now announced a PS4 release as well, and an official launch trailer and press release, which have been added to the article below. The game will be releasing as a physical version only on PS4 for $29.99, while the Nintendo Switch version will be available digitally for $29.99 and physically for $39.99, with a special launch edition that includes two Puyo Puyo- and Tetris-themed keychains (while supplies last).

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY CHARGING £10 MORE?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I hope there is a superb fucking reason, and this better not be the start of a trend. It's And 3rd parties wonder why their games don't sell on Nintendo consoles - they either gimp them, put out old titles, or over charge. Bunch of cunts!

you're avin a larff son. £10 is well worth it for the special limited edition "Puzo Pluto" edition.

Urgh 1,2,Switch is just embarrassing...

It's a bit crazy that ad is 50% longer than the reveal video, I'd totally lost interest by 1,2,Switch.

I'm kinda disappointed that I won't be jumping on the Switch bandwagon anytime soon, but I also think in 5 years time we'll be looking back at the Switch and wondering why Nintendo bothered to put so much unnecessary tech in the controllers that went completely to waste.

I don't think this is a TV spot. More like each individual ad put together.

Oh, right, the PS4 version is physical-only, not digital, but doesn't come with the extras the physical Switch version has.

This article is for the US release, but I assume it'll be the same for Europe?

https://www.segalization.com/2017/01/13/puyo-puyo-tetris-getting-worldwide-release-nintendo-switch/

So we're paying £10 for two fucking key chains...?!?! Oh boy. This is utterly disgusting, hope joiurnalists pull them up on it; but gaming journalists still have so far to go on that front....

That ad actually sold me a bit more on 1,2 Switch. It's the first time it's actually looked appealing.

I also think in 5 years time we'll be looking back at the Switch and wondering why Nintendo bothered to put so much unnecessary tech in the controllers that went completely to waste.

Do we look back and call shoulder buttons, analog sticks, rumble, analog triggers, a speaker, a gyroscope et al unnecessary and wonder why Nintendo put them in their controllers?

I think too much is being made of HD rumble. It's a better version of rumble that Nintendo introduced twenty years ago.

Are we running out of things to moan about so now we're predicting future moans in 5 years time...?!

I realise it's not a TV spot. There's no ad break in the world that would accommodate that.

That ad actually sold me a bit more on 1,2 Switch. It's the first time it's actually looked appealing.

Do we look back and call shoulder buttons, analog sticks, rumble, analog triggers, a speaker, a gyroscope et al unnecessary and wonder why Nintendo put them in their controllers?

I think too much is being made of HD rumble. It's a better version of rumble that Nintendo introduced twenty years ago.

I think HD rumble is a fantastic evolution, and if anyone's aware of past comments I've always hyped it up. I can think of great ways it can be used. It's the other superfluous tech I'm thinking of.

Are we running out of things to moan about so now we're predicting future moans in 5 years time...?!
I dunno, I was just talking, but you're still doing a good job of finding things to *moan* about so I think we're set.

So we're paying £10 for two fucking key chains...?!?! Oh boy. This is utterly disgusting, hope joiurnalists pull them up on it; but gaming journalists still have so far to go on that front....

I dunno, I was just talking, but you're still doing a good job of finding things to *moan* about so I think we're set.

Exactly, you have your priorities wrong :D Am I the only one annoyed by this? It makes no sense!

Exactly, you have your priorities wrong :D Am I the only one annoyed by this? It makes no sense!

it won't be that price anyway. Zelda was £59.99 when revealed but it's already widely available fro between £40-£50

A heads up to anyone interested but the Neon Switch is back in stock on the Nintendo UK website. I've managed to get a pre-order in for it despite already having a standard one ordered with them. I'll switch it to the neon one if it looks like it'll arrive in time for launch, otherwise i'll stick with the standard one.

General point not meaning to single anyone in particular out:

Can we please try and stop comments like this please. It's the sort of reason the 'Other' threads end up happening - someone makes a point not in favour of the console and they're 'moaning'. The 5 year consideration point is as legitimate as one about a higher price difference for a game. If one is 'moaning' then so is the other. It believe it's a rude and dismissive comment to make and I'm rather convinced it's the sort of comment that contributes to the tensions on here. If your consider the quoted text by itself - it actually contributes nothing at all to the thread. There's no reference to Switch' date=' no context at all related to it. I don't want to have to start censoring everything I feel falls into that category.

By all means feel free to a public right to reply to this - [b']but do it on my wall.[/b]

I am making this point but will NOT let it derail the thread, and I will delete further responses to this if they have no or limited on-topic content in them. If anyone wishes to reply, do so on my wall (or via PM if you prefer, but I'm not aiming to stifle the discussion if needed, just to not have it derail the thread).

I still have my order for the Neon Switch and Breath of the Wild with GAME for £319.99 though it may not come for launch as they had already exceeded their allocation by the time I placed the order on 21/1/2017.

I was fairly convinced I would be cancelling my order last week with the intention of waiting until later in the year to pick up a Switch as I don't feel like I need it right now.. but I think I'm keeping it at the moment :heh:

My current thinking is that even if I wait until closer to Christmas, the console will still likely be £279-£299 with a game included which isn't that much of a saving compared to having it around launch. It's probably worth spending the extra £20-£40 to get to enjoy it 9 months earlier and hopefully start building up a decent little library of games, including virtual console titles :hehe:

I still have my order for the Neon Switch and Breath of the Wild with GAME for £319.99 though it may not come for launch as they had already exceeded their allocation by the time I placed the order on 21/1/2017.

I was fairly convinced I would be cancelling my order last week with the intention of waiting until later in the year to pick up a Switch as I don't feel like I need it right now.. but I think I'm keeping it at the moment :heh:

My current thinking is that even if I wait until closer to Christmas, the console will still likely be £279-£299 with a game included which isn't that much of a saving compared to having it around launch. It's probably worth spending the extra £20-£40 to get to enjoy it 9 months earlier and hopefully start building up a decent little library of games, including virtual console titles :hehe:

Tbh I'd say that if you're going to be happy with it at £280-300 at Christmas then I absolutely agree you might as well jump in now for the joy of having it at launch, and playing BoTW on Switch, for what's gonna be like an extra fiver a month if that. It's basically just sort of renting a Switch for that price if you're going to get it anyway - and that's a price I think anyone would jump at!

The only thing is how long you might end up waiting for stock allocation to catch up to you though - did they give you any sort of impression on when it might be if not on launch? Don't know if @Clownferret might be useful too given he said he only just did his GAME pre-order pretty much? Although I dunno if being in NI would make any sort of difference to stock availability.

Tbh I'd say that if you're going to be happy with it at £280-300 at Christmas then I absolutely agree you might as well jump in now for the joy of having it at launch, and playing BoTW on Switch, for what's gonna be like an extra fiver a month if that. It's basically just sort of renting a Switch for that price if you're going to get it anyway - and that's a price I think anyone would jump at!

The only thing is how long you might end up waiting for stock allocation to catch up to you though - did they give you any sort of impression on when it might be if not on launch? Don't know if @Clownferret might be useful too given he said he only just did his GAME pre-order pretty much? Although I dunno if being in NI would make any sort of difference to stock availability.

We're all part of the UK so it shouldn't be an issue but their website noted that they were working with Nintendo in an attempt to get more stock for launch :smile:

My hope is that there will be people who cancel their orders, either because they don't want the console or because they have it preordered in a number of locations, or that they will get more stock in!

I had an order for the Switch a few days previously but cancelled it in order to take advantage of the deal which included Zelda. this saved me £20 and made the total a little more palatable.

If I have to wait an extra coup[le of weeks, it won't really be that much of a problem anyway :hehe:

The only factor could be if Nintendo do Zelda/Mario themed-console bundles - if you're a fan of such console designs.

The only factor could be if Nintendo do Zelda/Mario themed-console bundles - if you're a fan of such console designs.

I'm generally not that keen on most themed consoles and find the character-themed joy-cons that were posted a few pages ago rather hideous :heh:

The 'Logo' (/Liverpool :grin:) edition image isn't bad, though :smile:

One thing I do find strange is that I don't think I'd be as interested in picking up the console if it wasn't for the neon colouring as the grey scheme seems a little dull by comparison!

To confirm. Game are sold out or coloured console, still limited availablility for the grey one. I don't know if that is just my local store or Game UK. Also Game online and in-store are two separate entities so stock issues will be different.

Like a Mario themed one with the Red/Green joycons similar to the mockup from before? I can certainly see it tempting some...possibly myself included!