NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Hello, long term lurker and very rare poster. Hope you don't mind this quick question.

Has anyone got a pre-order with ShopTo when they put it up back in October? I did but am wondering if I should pre-order somewhere else just in case. What do you guys think? Has anyone had experience pre-ordering consoles from ShopTo before?

I also have just set my alarm for 3.55am and have been to the gym tonight so I don't have to go at 6am tomorrow :)

Hey there Ximikal, no trouble at all, I once was a lurker and only joined the forum when I was made a staff member, questions are welcome here.

I too have pre-ordered with ShopTo as it happens, I've had nothing but good experiences with the company, I ordered my Wii U and PS4 from there plus a PS3, probably a 3DS or two as well with no problems.

Having said that, I am looking to pre-order from another place if I get the chance, probably the Nintendo store but I think ShopTo are still a safe bet... the question is, will they be altering their pre-order listings significantly or just starting with fresh ones? That's what I'm thinking... hopefully they'll still honour exisiting pre-orders but you'd be wise to keep an eye on it just as I'm doing. : peace:

Thanks S.C.G, I appreciate the reply :) Never ordered hardware from ShopTo before so it's always nice to get feedback.

Very tempted now to put another pre-order in with Amazon in the morning or the Nintendo store just to be on the safe side.

Edit: Thanks Goron_3, I think I will do that to be on the safe side :)

Contrary to what I said yesterday, ShopTo have put a new Pre-Order listing up with a price, with no up-front costs if you order within the next 6 hours or so, I'm assuming after that they will start taking deposits. :hmm:

I re-ordered mine using the new listing and then cancelled my original pre-order with an explanation in the box provided so that hopefully I won't lose my place in the queue if there is one. ::shrug:

Anyway, here's the link...

http://www.shopto.net/electronics/nintendo/NINTSW01-nintendo-switch-console

You could just keep your original pre-order and it might be fine but I get the feeling that this will become the standard listing and the old one may be deleted, they should e-mail if this happens. : peace:

I never talked about selling at a loss? I was referring to a hypothetical home console with the same power, that would be much cheaper but lacked hybrid functionality. Part of the reason why it's so expensive is the fact that it's a hybrid and therefore there's a high cost attached to the internals and manufacturing process. Hopefully there's a demand for such a device.

I've just watched the Mario trailer again. I never a change of underwear....

I am thinking they should have went with a straight up handheld with reduced costs. I am struggling to see who this machines sells to at the current price.

I just can't get over how fucking stupid everything we've heard is. The price...no games bundled...paid online.

What the fuck have Nintendo done...

I just can't get over how fucking stupid everything we've heard is. The price...no games bundled...paid online.

Didn't you argue for them to do a paid online service?!

The lack of a pack in title hurts :(

Didn't you argue for them to do a paid online service?!

Something like a VC catalogue subscription! Not paid online for their 1 or 2 titles that you occasionally want to play online.

Nintendo just don't have the kind of FPS games that you sink countless hours into online or the established friends lists to keep people there. Nintendo have always been the crappy online providers but people put up with it because it's free.

Party chat is being done via a phone app for god's sake!

I am thinking they should have went with a straight up handheld with reduced costs. I am struggling to see who this machines sells to at the current price.

I would of preferred that. I'll likely get this still as I'm a sucker and want Zelda but this is a tough sell.

The joycons price doesn't surprise me as they seem to be packing tech in those but the dock and pro controller costs are outrageous.

Biggest worry regarding the joycons is they to me look like they are a receipe for people to accidently break.

Edited by liger05

Something like a VC catalogue subscription! Not paid online for their 1 or 2 titles that you occasionally want to play online.

Nintendo just don't have the kind of FPS games that you sink countless hours into online or the established friends lists to keep people there. Nintendo have always been the crappy online providers but people put up with it because it's free.

Party chat is being done via a phone app for god's sake!

ut we have no idea what will be online or not online. I bet people play smash, Mario kart, platoon as much as a FPS that people sink countless hours into.

And you talk about friends lists and such but how do you know that will be there. And you may say crappy, but that was exactly why you wanted them to charge wasn't;t it? So they can improve it?

Party chat is mental I agree, but the mistake isn't charging for online, it's worrying signs it won't be a good system!

No Splatoon 2 thread? Have anything been confirmed about the game - changes compared to the first or anything?

No Splatoon 2 thread? Have anything been confirmed about the game - changes compared to the first or anything?

My bad. Give me a sec

ut we have no idea what will be online or not online. I bet people play smash, Mario kart, platoon as much as a FPS that people sink countless hours into.

And you talk about friends lists and such but how do you know that will be there. And you may say crappy, but that was exactly why you wanted them to charge wasn't;t it? So they can improve it?

Party chat is mental I agree, but the mistake isn't charging for online, it's worrying signs it won't be a good system!

you gotta admit that one free snes or nes game per month is pretty weak. nintendo wont even throw us a N64 or GC game!

Edited by khilafah

As always, the best part of any Nintendo event is Serebii's meltdown afterwards. Dat Twitter feed.

Charging online is fine as long the service provided is good. On my PS4 I get free games every month and party chat from the OS. With the Switch its looking like I need to pay to use smartphone to speak with people online (I can use a phone anyway). I do get "free" games but they will only be free for a montb.

On the information available I don't think it sounds a great service.

As always, the best part of any Nintendo event is Serebii's meltdown afterwards. Dat Twitter feed.

Love you too man :p

I admit the Switch isn't perfect, and they have ballsed up in places but some of the hyperbole going around, good grief.

There was a person saying they fucked up by not putting a hard drive in the dock, not understanding how ridiculous that is

No trophies/achievements I take it

Any "achievements" would likely be akin to ones we have in Mario Run and Miitomo and tie in with My Nintendo :)

No trophies/achievements I take it

I'm still hoping an equivalent is announced.

Surprised you aren't agreeing with me on this...It's just not good. I'd pay for a service if it's worth it but what Nintendo are offering just isn't. Party chat through a phone, game rental for a month...What are they doing.

£280 with no game packed in, more expensive than the current systems by far. What the fuck.

Charging online is fine as long the service provided is good. On my PS4 I get free games every month and party chat from the OS. With the Switch its looking like I need to pay to use smartphone to speak with people online (I can use a phone anyway). I do get "free" games but they will only be free for a montb.

On the information available I don't think it sounds a great service.

Just think, we are gonna have to paid for said service if we wanna play Monster Hunter.

I wonder how Pokemon will work? Charge for everything or just for online battling while the trading remains free?

The more I'm reading about this online the worse it is sounding.

I'm getting serious vibes that this launch could be the biggest fuckup since "Saturnday" turned into "out now" lol

Nintendo is turning into Woolworths. Supplying a bit of everything at an extortionate price while not doing any of it really well.

Still, a PS4 port of Zelda with trophies could be nice down the line haha

Just think, we are gonna have to paid for said service if we wanna play Monster Hunter.

I wonder how Pokemon will work? Charge for everything or just for online battling while the trading remains free?

I'm thinking Pokémon may be a game that they're going to exempt from the fee.

Else they done fucked up

What today highlights is that games and content is where Nintendo exceeds, with Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade all looking terrific.

It's everything else that's a mess.

The more I'm reading about this online the worse it is sounding.

I'm getting serious vibes that this launch could be the biggest fuckup since "Saturnday" turned into "out now" lol

Nintendo is turning into Woolworths. Supplying a bit of everything at an extortionate price while not doing any of it really well.

Still, a PS4 port of Zelda with trophies could be nice down the line haha

Why do you say that though? I know things aren't ideal, but why such hyperbole? Only issue in my view is cost and maybe that weird mobile app online thing. Launch line-ups always suck