NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

So, we also have to buy a charging joy-con grip if we don't want to charge it via console?

Not only that this console is expensive, but they are trying to make money out of everything.

EDIT: Oh, the included grip has a usb-c port so you can charge it while playing.

So this is launch apparently...

[tweet]819935233470590981[/tweet]

Oh they seem to have deleted it.

Launch titles were Zelda, Just Dance, Skylanders, Street Fighter, 12 and something else...

Later in March was Snipper, Fast and something else. Will see if anyone took a copy.

Seems they just took it down and re-did it... But if it goes again:

games.png

I know there will be more coming out this year, but they've got 26 games there for the first nine months. The Wii U launched with 30 games.

Been looking around at game pricings everywhere, and stumbled upon something on GAME. It might be nothing, or it may be placeholder - so take it with a grain of salt - but these dates aren't "TBC" like others with unconfirmed release dates (such as FIFA, Skyrim, etc.), so I thought it was worth sharing, especially seeing as other dates that are specific thus far seem to match the officially confirmed dates.

According to the website:

Splatoon 2 - August 18th

ARMS - April 15th

ShopTo seems to have a similar thing going on, with Ubisoft's Steep (the skiing game) and Rayman Legends Definitive Edition currently stated as having March 3rd - launch day - releases.

Again, grain of salt, but this would certainly back up just how much Ubisoft were backing the Switch before reveal: 3 launch day titles (the two aforementioned as well as Just Dance).

Edited by Julius Caesar

So, we also have to buy a charging joy-con grip if we don't want to charge it via console?

Not only that this console is expensive, but they are trying to make money out of everything.

I don't know about that, the Joy Con grip that comes with the console and the Jon Con Charging Grip sold separately look identical. It would be a ridiculous decision to make two different types of grip.

So this is launch apparently...

[tweet]819935233470590981[/tweet]

Oh they seem to have deleted it.

Launch titles were Zelda, Just Dance, Skylanders, Street Fighter, 12 and something else...

Later in March was Snipper, Fast and something else. Will see if anyone took a copy.

Seems they just took it down and re-did it... But if it goes again:

games.png

I know there will be more coming out this year, but they've got 26 games there for the first nine months. The Wii U launched with 30 games.

From these 26 games announced till now, there are at least 10 I will probably get and it could be more (I have to see what the other games are). I am actually happy with that.

I don't know about that, the Joy Con grip that comes with the console and the Jon Con Charging Grip sold separately look identical. It would be a ridiculous decision to make two different types of grip.

I've read about it on gaf. The charging one is different, you actually can get one for 2 sets.

Poor Tim looks absolutely gutted and deflated.

I thought they asked him about how many launch games there would be. :D

That video is jokes and depressing at the same time. Man this console is in bad shape.

I suppose on the bright side i only want Zelda at launch and then maybe Mario kart in April, so it would be cheaper for me..

but then the downside then is why buy it before April? could i wait even longer?

I don't think i'm getting it at launch at this rate

I ended up waking up earlier to watch the Direct. I've since spent all day at work fuming.

Why have they done this? Thirty minutes of motion controls followed by thirty minutes of games which won't be out anywhere near launch. Have we already got the 'launch window' bullshit that we got with the Wii U yet?

I'm so disappointed. Even Super Mario Odyssey didn't look that interesting but that could be because I was so gutted/tired after what had already happened.

The worst launch line up ever for a Nintendo console. That's even including Zelda, purely because it was a game which we were promised on the Wii U.

The price is a joke too. And the RRP of the games had better be the usual pre-launch price gouging and not the RRP going forward.

I don't like football but wasn't it rather ominous that Fifa was listed just as Fifa and not Fifa 18? This probably means the Frostbite engine doesn't work on the Switch. So that's every other EA game gone.

I've gone from super hyped to being the least excited for a Nintendo console I've ever been. Obviously I still pre-ordered one as soon as it was up on Amazon this morning...

Am I right in thinking that Fast RMX will be the first online game? I don't think any of the launch titles have an online mode.

Am I right in thinking that Fast RMX will be the first online game? I don't think any of the launch titles have an online mode.

Super Bomberman R has online play.

I think the treehouse did improve the chances for this console to be successfull.

I ended up waking up earlier to watch the Direct. I've since spent all day at work fuming.

Why have they done this? Thirty minutes of motion controls followed by thirty minutes of games which won't be out anywhere near launch. Have we already got the 'launch window' bullshit that we got with the Wii U yet?

I'm so disappointed. Even Super Mario Odyssey didn't look that interesting but that could be because I was so gutted/tired after what had already happened.

The worst launch line up ever for a Nintendo console. That's even including Zelda, purely because it was a game which we were promised on the Wii U.

The price is a joke too. And the RRP of the games had better be the usual pre-launch price gouging and not the RRP going forward.

I don't like football but wasn't it rather ominous that Fifa was listed just as Fifa and not Fifa 18? This probably means the Frostbite engine doesn't work on the Switch. So that's every other EA game gone.

I've gone from super hyped to being the least excited for a Nintendo console I've ever been. Obviously I still pre-ordered one as soon as it was up on Amazon this morning...

I think it's more likely because fifa 18 hasn't been formally announced yet. I think more worrying is they flew this guy to Japan just to announce a custom fifa. There was really no need for it.

No one told me Dragon Quest Heroes I II was coming to the Switch! :o

They mentioned it in the conference.

I think it's more likely because fifa 18 hasn't been formally announced yet. I think more worrying is they flew this guy to Japan just to announce a custom fifa. There was really no need for it.

Yeah, I don't think we'd be getting a FIFA at all if Switch didn't support Frostbite.

No one told me Dragon Quest Heroes I II was coming to the Switch! :o

Yep, seems to be a package thing there. I don't know if it was like that for other consoles.

Dragon Quest X and XI were also confirmed.

Yeah, I don't think we'd be getting a FIFA at all if Switch didn't support Frostbite.

Also @Clownferret may be interested to read this.

[TWEET]819769078449508352[/TWEET]

"Sighs" Oh well, that's another generation of Nintendo I'll not be purchasing.

*Slopes off back to Other Consoles Thread*

Bloody hell.

Is the Wii U / Switch really that underpowered to have the 360/ps3 games ported over?

I thought the Wii U was fairly capable? (I have zero idea on this kind of tech though, so christ knows!)

What a kick in the teeth though for Fifa lovers.

I really wanted something to ignite my spark in the Switch to make me want to buy it as the hardware does still excite me with the portability.

But nope. :(

games.png

I'm speechless...

Five games?... Who's buying Skyrim a year after the remake's release?... let alone 7 years or whatever since the original came out.

Steep, I Am Setsuna, Minecraft... how can you not have secured these for launch given their initial release. Street Fighter 2 HD, Bomberman, Tetris... dear god!!!!... these are titles that should be flying under the radar not headlining your calendar.

So much of what we saw or heard from Third Parties yesterday, were concepts, or simply dreams (as in the case of No More Heroes).

Nintendo have brought this console out FAR to early, and kept it secret for too long; external developers haven't even had time to make games for it.

It simply should not be coming out.

HEY LISTEN

You can now read what @Kaepora_Gaebora and I thought about the console, controllers and some brief insights into the software. We'll be posting our software impressions over the weekend.

There's also a video. Fancy that!

IMG_20170113_093505.jpg

http://n-europe.com/features/nintendo-switch-hands-on

HEY LISTEN

You can now read what @Kaepora_Gaebora and I thought about the console, controllers and some brief insights into the software. We'll be posting our software impressions over the weekend.

There's also a video. Fancy that!

IMG_20170113_093505.jpg

http://n-europe.com/features/nintendo-switch-hands-on

Why Nintendo are not calling this a handheld I have no idea?