NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Well she still thinks we'll see something this week...

[tweet]788827935897587712[/tweet]

Edited by Kav

Have we ever seen @Serebii and Emily Rogers in the same room? ;)

Ooh she added 'fuck' to her post... now we daren't question her :rolleyes:

Edited by Retro_Link

I actually have no idea who she is barring all of her speculative/insider knowledge posts, posted in this thread.

In other news, I hope she is right!

I hope she's wrong. Most of Gaf are at tipping point and no news would be the thing that pushes them over the edge. I wanna see the meltdowns if nothing appears by Saturday. :D

#teamfriday

Eurogamer look to be in.

"Number of people have now told me tomorrow's Red Dead trailer will only be the second biggest gaming announcement of the NeXt couple days..."

If it doesn't happen then Nintendo are trolling for laughs

Actually forget Friday. Friday Western PM would mean Saturday Japan. Surely they wouldn't do that so #teamthursday

Edited by liger05

Everyone pretty much knew what to expect from the Pro/Scorpio, where as people have been left speculating about Nintendo's future for over a year.

It's been a year and a half and people are still speculating about NX, not only that but the graph is trending upwards. The fact that Nintendo haven't said a thing and it's so high on the buzz graph is a good thing.

That graph is about as expected

That doesn't mean it's not a positive thing for Nintendo, expected or not, and hard as it may be for some to accept.

"Number of people have now told me tomorrow's Red Dead trailer will only be the second biggest gaming announcement of the NeXt couple days..."

HYPE!!

Edited by Ronnie

Multiple sources seem to agree with Eurogamer and think there's going to be a reveal on Thursday. They mention it being Thursday USA time, so hopefully its late afternoon here because i'm never around in the morning.

It'd be surprising to me if they did show it off tomorrow - I thought there'd be a couple of days notice but I guess they aren't doing anything conventional with the NX.

UPDATE:

Nintendo Japan just tweeted that there will be a 3-minute video coming at 15:00 GMT (23:00 Japanese time) that covers the concept of the NX. It's happening!

NX at 3pm, new 'Red Dead' trailer at 4pm. Not a bad afternoon.

Edited by killthenet

Just tweeted by NOA too! Very surprising, I thought we wouldn't hear any more until after Christmas now!

3 mins? I'm not that hyped. Knowing Nintendo it will bring up more questions than answers.

First console reveal with no Iwata, feels weird man.

Excited nontheless! I want to know what I will be playing Breath of the Wild on.

Edited by Fused King

The American Nintendo site seems to have settled the home console vs portable debate. They're calling it a home gaming system.

announcement.jpg

The American Nintendo site seems to have settled the home console vs portable debate. They're calling it a home gaming system.

announcement.jpg

I'm not allowed to play my 3DS at home?

When I read "home gaming system", I get more of the image of a game system that is available to regular consumers in comparison to arcade units etc, but that's just me. There's all the possibility it's a home console you can take out in some form though ;)

There's all the possibility it's a home console you can take out in some form though

Absolutely. I was thinking more in terms of the question of whether it's a home console you can take out or a portable you can connect to a TV (assuming the rumours are true). Not that I'm sure what the difference is still.

I'm not going to find out if it'll have Party Chat or not am I? Just a preview trailer... whereas I'm looking forward to it, I'm still a bit gutted it's not a full reveal.

Can't describe how long I've been waking up hoping for this news. I guess we're getting the name, hardware and concept today. Perhaps one big hype game being played to show off the new direction. Putting a date for the first NX Direct or games presentation on the end would be pretty smart.