NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Pokémon Shuffle (3DS/Android/iOS)

Quite clearly not, hence my post. Your excellent comprehension skills continue as ever :rolleyes:

Well now you know that there's more content than just the index page.

And knowing is half the battle.

Quite clearly not, hence my post. Your excellent comprehension skills continue as ever :rolleyes:

Honestly racking my head trying to figure out if you're being sarcastic or not.

It's the bloody emoji, dude! It's confusing!

Half the battle is waiting for half an hour!

No need to battle when information is easily available to me elsewhere, though. Had another quick crack on it just now waiting for something to d/l, is there anyone else here who has actually played it that much?

... I'm sad to say that I've been playing this for the better part of 40 hours. More likely closer to 50 than 40 now. It's good. And I've put no real money in it as well.

Half the battle is waiting for half an hour!

No need to battle when information is easily available to me elsewhere, though. Had another quick crack on it just now waiting for something to d/l, is there anyone else here who has actually played it that much?

According to my 3DS, I've played for 40 hours, and my girlfriend has played 25. Neither of us has put a single penny into the game, but we both love it. Usually have a couple of games before work and in the evening, but it all adds up. I actually love this game, it's really addictive and actually got me back into pokemon again. Got Pokemon X about a month ago, it's the first pokemon game I've owned since Gold and it's absolutely amazing. Can't believe I ignored the series for 15 odd years.

That's good to hear then. I don't intend to put any money into it and essentially just have quick bursts here and there - was wondering how frustrating it can get and how quickly without putting money in but considering you've all racked so much up then I'm sure it'll be fine. Just wish I'd noticed sooner that it was a freemium title and not just a demo so I coulda racked up some Streetpass rewards(been really macking the Streetpasses in last few weeks with some of my travelling about).

I've been playing it since launch. Haven't spent any money on it, but have managed to catch everything available so far barring a couple of things from the latest update I'm still working on. There are a few difficulty spikes that I know catch people out, but you can get round those easily enough by just levelling up and thinking tactically (a bit of luck also helps admittedly!). I didn't even spend any in game money until I'd finished the base game and needed the last few S ranks for unlocks.

I was a bit dubious about the freemium model, and still am to be honest, but at least as far as this game goes it's been handled pretty well. The recent update that allows you to keep streetpass/purchased hearts separate from timed ones I thought was quite generous considering the nature of the game. There are also stages in the game which make farming exp/coins easy when they could have forced you into purchases. Basically if you're happy to play for a few minutes at a time on a regular basis rather than in extended play sessions then you'll never need to spend.

If you do get stuck on a level, I'd recommend visiting the gamefaq forum for the game, as there's a lot of good info on which teams and items to use against the trickier levels as well as how best to gain coins/exp.

According to my 3DS, I've played for 40 hours, and my girlfriend has played 25. Neither of us has put a single penny into the game, but we both love it. Usually have a couple of games before work and in the evening, but it all adds up. I actually love this game, it's really addictive and actually got me back into pokemon again. Got Pokemon X about a month ago, it's the first pokemon game I've owned since Gold and it's absolutely amazing. Can't believe I ignored the series for 15 odd years.

Oh, if you think X is good, you should really try Black/White.

Makes X/Y look absolutely amateurish in comparison.

Been slowly chipping on with this but I am getting slightly addicted...how does Pokemon Link compare to it generally? I think I'm passing a CEX later and might pick it up if it's there for less than a fiver...

In my opinion, Pokémon Link is one of the worst spin-off games ever, almost all the way down there with Pokémon Dash.

Pokémon Link: Battle is waaay better.

They all have quite different gameplay, though. Personally, I far prefer Shuffle over the others.

In my opinion, Pokémon Link is one of the worst spin-off games ever, almost all the way down there with Pokémon Dash.

Pokémon Link: Battle is waaay better.

They all have quite different gameplay, though. Personally, I far prefer Shuffle over the others.

Am I gonna go all that wrong for £4 compared to jonesing slightly after every 5 battles on this though? :p

Pokemon Link plays differently to Pokemon Shuffle. It's still a block matching game, but instead of swapping pairs of pokemon you slide the entire row, with the pokemon that disappear off one side of the screen reappearing on the other. It's that long since I played it I can't remember much else, but it certainly wasn't a terrible game and I enjoyed it enough to finish it. If you enjoy puzzle games then I'd say it's worth picking up for under £5, but don't expect it to play like Shuffle.

Pokemon Link plays differently to Pokemon Shuffle. It's still a block matching game, but instead of swapping pairs of pokemon you slide the entire row, with the pokemon that disappear off one side of the screen reappearing on the other. It's that long since I played it I can't remember much else, but it certainly wasn't a terrible game and I enjoyed it enough to finish it. If you enjoy puzzle games then I'd say it's worth picking up for under £5, but don't expect it to play like Shuffle.

Hmm...that is quite a difference in basic gameplay. It's something about these damn match-3s getting me! Maybe I'll hold off for now and consider putting that fiver towards a copy of Puzzle & Dragons at some point instead...

Pretty funny that it's a direct port when Iwata was saying that that's exactly what he didn't want to do with Nintendo's games :laughing: (yeah yeah I know, TPC is different, but it's still pretty ironic)

It's only fitting that a trashy game goes to a trashy platform. It really is a natural fit, what with it basically being Candy Crush Pokemon Edition.

I wonder if we'll see P&D Mario Bros Edition make its way to mobile now as well...

LOL Am I the only one here that still plays?

The only things I've missed are the Mega Bannete stone and one or two safari Mon. Same week I think. Was ill and totally forgot.

The only things I've missed are the Mega Bannete stone and one or two safari Mon. Same week I think. Was ill and totally forgot.

Na I'm still on it. They really keep interest alive with new events etc. weekly and new main stages monthly

I was most days until recently, Mega Glaile had me stuck for a fair bit, and now I've ended up at Mega Gengar who isn't much different. I just need to suck it up and buy some tings to help me along, but I resent spending my stuffs! So far managed to make it through without spending a jewel, I guess I have enough coins to just buy the mega start, delay disrupte and +5 moves that should almost certainly guarantee I'll beat him - but my conservative mind doesn't want to buy all 3 if I need only 2!

So naturally, I've opted to just ignore it and do nothing instead.

Me and my son play through this daily on 2 different 3DS'. Got most things bar some Mega stones via competitions, and not a single penny spent, mmmwhahaha.

I wonder if we'll see P&D Mario Bros Edition make its way to mobile now as well...

Don't lump that game with this.

At least P&D got rid of the Free-to-play aspect for the console version.

Don't lump that game with this.

At least P&D got rid of the Free-to-play aspect for the console version.

It could very easily have it put back in though, it would only need a few tweaks as it's already structured like the mobile version...

It could very easily have it put back in though, it would only need a few tweaks as it's already structured like the mobile version...

Hey, you know how I say we need to stop thinking of good ideas because they'll never happen and we'll just disappoint ourselves?

Well, this isn't one of those times...

STOP TRYING TO GIVE BAD IDEAS TO NINTY!

Excellent, glad I'm not alone. My OCD usually leads me to "get everything OR ELSE" *fists shaking* to the point I'm the last guy still playing stuff here. That or I jack the game in from playing fatigue.

I'd LIKE to say I've spent no money, but very early on I did. Due to reasons it was the ONLY game I was enjoying so I pumped some money in just to keep going past annoying limits. Boy do I wish the reserve hearts thing was there since the beginning, though. I'd probably have a helluva lot of reserves still, at the moment I have 8 (due to a new heart every 10 passes. I think I can boost this by free DL to me/bro's old consoles) Of course this was before learning of ingame coin making schemes, and I no longer spend money. It wasn't THAT much, though. Not as much as I spent on Rumble.

Really still enjoy this game too, Serebii. I wish Nintendo had more constant upgrade games. Probably why I like Streetpass games, too. Sad they didn't announce more at E3.

I do NOT like Safari mode, though. Interesting at first, but when you've played for the billionth time and still don't get the last Mon you need, it frustrates. Should you finally see it, it's just begging for coin wastage since you may not see it ever again.

In fact, what I wrote up there; remember if you have old consoles, if like others you have a NEW 3DS, you can use those old versions for streetpassing, too. I get three every day just for starters, that can be altered for preference, auch as hobbies/bdays/shirt colour/country etc. whatever the game's need.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

I participated in the Manectric-challenge when it was online. I got a nice enough score without items, like 10,000-something but I went on vacation for two weeks so I don't know how I fared in the contest - I hoped I would have a score high enough for the mega stone but that was me being optimistic. I presumed, though, that I would get a jewel for the trouble but I haven't got that either and when I checked in yesterday, the game didn't mention the challenge at all. When I look at notinced, the last one was June 22nd.

I participated in the Manectric-challenge when it was online. I got a nice enough score without items, like 10,000-something but I went on vacation for two weeks so I don't know how I fared in the contest - I hoped I would have a score high enough for the mega stone but that was me being optimistic. I presumed, though, that I would get a jewel for the trouble but I haven't got that either and when I checked in yesterday, the game didn't mention the challenge at all. When I look at notinced, the last one was June 22nd.

Unfortunately, you always need to check in within a week of the challenge finishing to claim the prize.

Sign in to follow this