NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Been a while since I was here, so just thought Id update with thoughts on the season so far.

Newcastle, then. Utter dross to start with but since the comeback against Swansea, we've done very well! Pardew is finally picking players based on form, the new signings are settling in (Janmaat <3), tactics have improved. The team is organised and seem to have great spirit at the moment. The weird thing was, after the Stoke match, sacking pardew would have been logical, popular and justified. It would have been the right thing to do. Yet clearly, it wouldn't have been. Always hauls himself out of trouble , , for the time being Im happy with him there - especially since Moyes is not at Sociedad (good on him)

Elsewhere...what is up with everyone? How rubbish are Liverpool? How frail are Arsenal? Do Man City want a trophy? How utterly dire have Spurs been?

Such mediocrity all over the place. Hope Southampton get in the top 4, hope the English teams work it up a gear in Europe . . Everton have been great there at least.

Chelsea have been fantastic and while Man U have problems, if I was a fan of theirs Id be feeling a lot more optimistic. Think they will manage top 4.

Well done Scotland, we were outplayed tonight, rarely looked a threat disappointing for us.

Thought it a bit odd that Germany only beat Gibraltar 4-0 tonight too...would have expected them to hit more than that.

Group blown wide open again. Poland on top with 10 points and Germany, Scotland and Ireland joint 2nd on 7points each.

Disappointing result obviously. Not a great game. Took one moment of brilliance from Scotland and we still could have snatched a draw at the end. Scotland were definitely the better side though. Some Irish players played well and some didn't, like McGeady, the occasion got to him. Hanley for Scotland should have been sent off in the first half.

Well I never thought I'd be happy to see Scotland win..

Why would you be happy?

Well done Scotland, we were outplayed tonight, rarely looked a threat disappointing for us.

Thought it a bit odd that Germany only beat Gibraltar 4-0 tonight too...would have expected them to hit more than that.

Group blown wide open again. Poland on top with 10 points and Germany, Scotland and Ireland joint 2nd on 7points each.

Fantastic win for us. Great atmosphere at Celtic Park, delighted to have been there.

Disappointing last night but beaten by the better side. Glad Robertson got a goal but my favourite moment was The Ox forgetting about the huddle.

If Arsenal want to win tomorrow, I seriously hope Wenger doesn't put square peg Monreal into the round hole of central defense, Chambers has to start there with Bellerin at Right Back, mind you Di Maria would relish playing against either of them but at least Bellerin would have the pace to keep up.

Even if Man Utd had their entire squad out injured, Arsenal would still find some way to lose against them.

It is the way of things.

Arsenal are a disaster! Can ye not do anything right? FFS and ye want to finish in the top 4 at least?

Can't quite believe that we won that, especially after the first half hour!

We missed Blind, who has been an absolute rock for us so far. Either at centre-back or midfield, we needed him, especially in the first half. We had to go 3-5-2 due to him not being there as he would have easily filled in at centre-back.

Wilshere should have walked in the first half, but it's still sad to see him injured. The guy is made of glass. I'm pissed about us losing Shaw. We've had a disastrous season in terms of injuries.

Without De Gea, we would have lost 6-0 today. Obvious man of the match.

Even if Man Utd had their entire squad out injured, Arsenal would still find some way to lose against them.

It is the way of things.

I was annoyed when I saw you post this. And do you know why? Because you were bloody right and I didn't want to believe it. But yesterday proved it.

Not even alcohol could remove the memory of Wilshere missing a sitter and the diabolical defending for both of United's goals.

We're shit, only positive, Liverpool are shitter.

Spurs are disgusting. That's real tough on Hull. Ramirez ruined it for them.

Hat's off to Palace, that was an unsavable freekick. I'm taking the defeat on the chin, no excuses, we are utter garbage. I literally cannot remember when we were this bad.

The Sturridge injuries are joke aswell, what on earth is going on at Liverpool? :confused:

Spurs are disgusting. Hull true kicking us off the park and got rightly punished for it. Scum.

I said before the season how atrocious Liverpool were, they were lucky last season with suarez and not having any cups, I knew they'd be terrible. Funny with that utter idiot manager saying about Spurs "you spend 100m and you shoud be challenging for the title" - you were saying Rodgers?

Crazy season, everyone trying to out-shit each other. One decent run any someone will streak clear. Still think Southampton will fall away and 2 of Man U, goons and Spurs for 3rd/4th. Pick Man U for 3rd because they're in no other compeititon.

Spurs are disgusting. Hull true kicking us off the park and got rightly punished for it. Scum.

I said before the season how atrocious Liverpool were, they were lucky last season with suarez and not having any cups, I knew they'd be terrible. Funny with that utter idiot manager saying about Spurs "you spend 100m and you shoud be challenging for the title" - you were saying Rodgers?

Crazy season, everyone trying to out-shit each other. One decent run any someone will streak clear. Still think Southampton will fall away and 2 of Man U, goons and Spurs for 3rd/4th. Pick Man U for 3rd because they're in no other compeititon.

There's no difference at all with Spurs and Liverpool. Both sides sold their best player, both sides probably got rid of their managers too quickly in recent years (Spurs with Redknapp and Dalglish with Liverpool), both sides are lacking in identify and both sides can neither defend nor attack.

Both will improve but the key will be which manager is given more time. I can see Liverpool sticking with Rodgers because he had them playing a good style of football last year. It's a revolving door at Spurs and Pochettino could go at any time. From what I keep hearing, Rodgers keeps rotating the squad around too much and this is causing issues that shouldn't really be there.

Rodgers persistence on selecting Lovren, Skrtel and Gerrard is harming us. They've been horrendous, and deserve to be dropped.

Gerrard is a complete passenger playing DM.

It's become a recurring thing recently, they go a goal down, after failing to make a breakthrough they go and wind the opposition up to get a man sent off, then narrowly snatch the win late on. You can't deny it's working (Though Livermore should have seen red) though if the sending off was the later one Spurs may only have drawn it.

It's become a recurring thing recently, they go a goal down, after failing to make a breakthrough they go and wind the opposition up to get a man sent off, then narrowly snatch the win late on. You can't deny it's working (Though Livermore should have seen red) though if the sending off was the later one Spurs may only have drawn it.

It's happened twice... and sunday we didn't even wind anyone up, it was just a scuffle, Jan got up straight away.

Bitter gooners...

It's happened twice... and sunday we didn't even wind anyone up, it was just a scuffle, Jan got up straight away.

Bitter gooners...

Bitter? Our shittest start in the Prem for 20 years, still above you lot.