NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Bitter? Our shittest start in the Prem for 20 years, still above you lot.

On GD... well done. When you spent how much in the summer? You've had the same manager and stability for ten years. We get decimated every summer and sell our best players and buy no now (we've spent, net, less than anyone else in the past 5 years, yes, inclining Burnley) and we're on the same points as you! You must be so proud.

On GD... well done. When you spent how much in the summer? You've had the same manager and stability for ten years. We get decimated every summer and sell our best players and buy no now (we've spent, net, less than anyone else in the past 5 years, yes, inclining Burnley) and we're on the same points as you! You must be so proud.

Don't even start lecturing us about spending.

Don't even start lecturing us about spending.

Haha, we've obviously spent badly. But over the past five years (mainly due to sales) we've made a profit an average of over 2m a year. Crazy for a club with top 4 ambitions.

You spent a lot this summer, have solidity, and are struggling BADLY. Primarily because you didn't get the players you needed we all chatted about before the season started.

Footballs frustrating isn't it?!

It's almost embarrassing that our fate is still in our own hands in Group B of the Champions League despite only having 4 points after 5 group games.. but I'll take it :heh:

I'm still reluctant to get too excited about our chances of progressing but Liverpool v Basel at Anfield for a place in the last 16 certainly isn't insurmountable :smile:

It's almost embarrassing that our fate is still in our own hands in Group B of the Champions League despite only having 4 points after 5 group games.. but I'll take it :heh:

I'm still reluctant to get too excited about our chances of progressing but Liverpool v Basel at Anfield for a place in the last 16 certainly isn't insurmountable :smile:

Your right, Liverpool are embarrassing. I think you'll do it, though you never know they way you're playing. Personally I want Liverpool to have as many games as possible, but think they'll be dumped out pretty quickly.

Spurs fans showing their class again, 3 separate pitch invaders have caused the game to be halted. :indeed:

Proven to be a marketing stunt. Likely not even to be sours fans.

We won a game of football! Hurrah!

Nice little run that we are on, coinciding with the return of Carrick. With Blind being injured, we're going to need that defensive/calm presence in midfield.

Fellaini has stepped it up, which is so great to see. He's knuckled down, worked hard without ever complaining and now he's starting to win the fan's around. Glad to see him do well.

In general, I'm pleased with the additions we've made to the team. Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Shaw look the business. Rojo is looking better with each game. Falcao is the one that I'm unsure about and haven't been blown away with yet. Now it's just a case of getting everyone fit and in form.

So we're back down to 9th and the winnig streak has been ended by a loss and a draw. Not disastrous but weve got a lot of injuries now and sone difficult fixtures over the festive period. If we can enter January and remain in the top 12 i'll be happy enough.

Chelsea up next, really hope we can get at least a point. I would love it if we beat them...

Howay the lads!

So we're back down to 9th and the winnig streak has been ended by a loss and a draw. Not disastrous but weve got a lot of injuries now and sone difficult fixtures over the festive period. If we can enter January and remain in the top 12 i'll be happy enough.

Chelsea up next, really hope we can get at least a point. I would love it if we beat them...

Howay the lads!

Cracking result for your lads. 3rd keeper, 10 men and you still managed to beat Chelsea!

It pains me even more because my flatmate is a Newcastle fan!

We should start every game 1-0 and a man down. At least Gerrard made us believe for 10 minutes, that free kick was literally perfect.

Hate to say it but Markovic got himself sent off, it was soft but I think there was contact.

I was always a little wary about our prospects of getting through tonight against Basel given how poor we have been ALL SEASON.. and the first half performance didn't give me much reason to be hopeful :hmm:

José Enrique, in particular, was horrendous but the whole team just didn't seem to perform or be able to produce anything cohesive. It says something about the strikers that Liverpool currently possess, in the absence of Sturridge, that 1-0 down in a must win game we take off our only centre forward to be replaced by a midfielder who has yet to set the world alight at Liverpool.

In fairness, Markovic did seem to be having an effect when he came on but he got needlessly sent off and that all but sealed our night. I thought the referee was reaching for his red card again with Lovren towards the end but thankfully we kept on going with 10 men.. and boy did we have a go. I had no confidence in Gerrard scoring from that free kick but it was perfect :smile: It was both the best thing that happened all night, and the worst, for it gave us all hope that we might just do it :eek:

Unfortunately, it wasn't to be, but Gerrard quite rightly made out in his post-match interview that we didn't deserve to progress after the woeful group phase. Maybe our best chance to qualify for the competition next year is try to win the Europa League.. ::shrug:

It's also clear to see that the twinkle in Brendan Rodgers' eye seems to have disappeared in recent weeks. I miss Suarez.. and I'm sure he does too! The lack of him and Sturridge are probably not the only factors in our faltering season, though, so something has got to change in the weeks ahead. I have no confidence for the match against United at the weekend, which could well be like 'The Dog & Duck vs The Red Lion', as Gary Neville so hilariously put it given how well we are both playing :indeed:

1st half was completely pathetic. Improved 2nd half, but there's just lack of quality.

Why play Henderson out wide and sit 2 creative players like Phil and Lallana who could have created something out there. I love Hendo, but only in the middle please Brendan.

I don't want Rodgers gone, he deserves time after last season. Hopefully he can find a couple of January gems again.

It was an awful game and we didn't come alive until we were a man down.

I don't get some of the player choices that Rodgers is making this season. He seems to be chopping and changing all the time If there's no consistency then how is a team supposed to gel.

It doesn't help that we have zero fire power up front. With Sturridge injured, Balotelli out ( not that he done anything while he was fit ) and Lambert not being all that great, we are really struggling to find goals from anyway.

Bad times for the club but I said at the start of the season we would struggle.

Hooooooleeeeeee shit. You have to see Ramsey's second goal. Aaaaaaaaaaaa.

EDIT: Sanogo agrees with me:

https://vine.co/v/OrxHlIbx5Q1

That was insane, especially as he's not even left footed is he?

I was puzzled by Rodgers' selection too, seemed like we put a must not lose side instead of a must win one. I don't understand why in a must win game, it only becomes a necessity to score in the secod half, or even the last 20 minutes. We had 90 minutes to win the game, so why only go for it after half the match has already been wasted? And how does a £25mil attacking midfeilder not get on the pitch during a must win game?

That said I do feel slightly sorry for Rodger's in the sense that clearly he was onto something last year, and he's had that sucessful formula scuppered by Suarez and Sturridge, two things pretty much beyond his control. Equally though I think it's fair to say he hasn't responded well to those setbacks.

Well, the match so far has gone as well as expected. Why in the blue hell aren't we playing Borini? Is he injured or is Rodgers too proud to admit that he needs him after he was told there was no place for him in the Liverpool side.

EDIT 1: How in the hell did Sterling not score that?! Either hit it hard and past the keeper or look up and see Ballotelli wide open.

EDIT 2: Feel free to to clear that ball, Lovren. Or, you know, just kick it top the opposition and let them score.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

We should have got something from that game, shooting was atrocious. De Gea did well, but he was dealing with shots directly at him.

A 3-0 win with our defensive injury problems is a great result. De Gea was great and guaranteed us the clean sheet. After him, I thought Carrick and RvP looked really good today. :)

Compared with the same fixture a year ago, we have come a long way. Moving forward, we obviously need a commanding central defender and then we're good to go. Make that two defenders (one of them possibly being a right back) and we're talking.

Utd definitely deserved to win, that said Utd weren't 3 goals better than us, there was just no beating De Gea, and their second goal was obviously offside to everyone who wasn't a match official or Gary Neville.

Utd definitely deserved to win, that said Utd weren't 3 goals better than us, there was just no beating De Gea, and their second goal was obviously offside to everyone who wasn't a match official or Gary Neville.

The second goal was offside, but I can understand how the linesman missed it. He's ground level, the flight of the ball makes it difficult to see if RvP gets a touch on it and Mata is on-side when the ball initially is crossed in. He's only got one chance to get it right, so to be able to spot the touch and re-evaluate the position of Mata is difficult in such a short space of time.

Thanks to the replay, it's clear to see that it is offside and RvP came out afterwards and admitted that he had got a touch.

I've only just watched the highlights as I've been at work all day but the scoreline didn't really seem to tell the whole story. If we had someone who could stick the ball in the net, we'd definitely have come away with something today.. though the defending is ridiculously awful :hmm:

I get the impression Rodgers thinks it'll be OK when Sturridge comes back, but the season is almost over as it is. We'll need a run after Christmas like we had last season just to sneak into the top 4 which, to be fair, is pretty unlikely!