NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29475924

Terrible, terrible manager. Tactically inept, tinkering to the point where the players looked lost and had no idea what they were supposed to be doing, delusional post match press conferences. Truly the end of an error.

However, the main cancer in our club is Phil Gartside. Sure, he presided over one of the most successful periods in our history, but our debt ballooned to nearly £150 million while we were still in the Premier League, which is staggering considering what we got paid then. He's made four terrible managerial appointments since he drove Big Sam out. There's something really dodgy about him, with allegations of tax dodging and other shady dealings.

He's the one who needs to go next otherwise it'll just be the same thing happening all over again.

That was a good game against Everton. I wouldn't have begrudged them a point because I thought they played well in the second half. David De Gea was immense and made at least three world class saves. He won us those points. It would have been a shame had he conceded a second because he deserved to be on the winning team.

Happy to see Falcao score. Di Maria...I would turn full gay for him. :D I thought Blind had a great game, although I do think we look much, much stronger when somebody like Herrera is alongside him.

The only downside for me is that we sat back too deep in the last 15 minutes when we should have controlled the game more. If that was against City or Chelsea, I think they would have scored.

Not a bad day in all. Spurs win, Goons lose. Equal 4th. And we're only going to get better...

I know it's early days yet but Poland may have just blown Group D in the Euro 2016 qualifiers wide open beating Germany last night 2-0, well done Poland.

I was in work when the Ireland match was on but they had it on a TV for us so did get to see most of it, 7-0 thanks very much Gibraltar, that should do well for goal difference.... have a feeling by the end of the group places could be decided based on who put the most goals past Gibraltar....feel a little sorry for them though....also there were more people in the Aviva stadium last night than there is living in Gibraltar...damn that is a stat

Scotland beat Georgia 1-0 too, well done to them.

FOr the moment Poloand top the group on 6 point, we (Ireland) are in 2nd also on 6 points, Polands GD is better by 1, Germany and Scotland are then level on 3 points and even though Scotlands GD is 1 better than Germanys, Germany are in 3rd cause they beat Scotland (I hate the way UEFA go with the head to heads first before overal GD....they don't do that for the Champions League or Europa Cups also do they?)

Anyway Ireland are away to Germany on Tuesday, not sure if them losing to Poland might work in our favour, they may feel under presure to get a result and make mistakes or be in a bit of shock?, or it may fire them up and make them more hungry to destroy us.

I'd be happy if we could come away with a draw or if we do lose at least not by much so or GD doesn't get destoryed :heh:

I hate the way UEFA go with the head to heads first before overal GD....they don't do that for the Champions League or Europa Cups also do they?

I'm pretty sure they do : peace:

More importantly, though, we're top of Group F with 6 points! Excellent start :yay:

I suppose I should be happy having a title winning manager with Champions League experience as our new boss...but I'm not.

Lennon has no experience at this level and he's only ever managed a club with healthy finances and let's be honest, anyone could manage Celtic and win the league.

Time will tell though but it's a strange one for sure.

I suppose I should be happy having a title winning manager with Champions League experience as our new boss...but I'm not.

Lennon has no experience at this level and he's only ever managed a club with healthy finances and let's be honest, anyone could manage Celtic and win the league.

I think you're lucky to have him. Surprised he took the job or anybody for that matter. Rock bottom of the Championship, with only 1 win, he can't do any worse.

Anybody can win the league with Celtic, eh? You should tell that to Ronny Deila.

Thankfully he has experience at a much higher level.

On the European scale, Celtic have no finances. Lennon has masterminded some of the great European performances. Nowadays it's a foregone conclusion that Celtic will win the league, it absolutely wasn't the case a few years ago.

Lennon will do very well, you're very lucky to get him. Really surpassed he dropped to the Championship level.

Portugal defeated Denmark 1-0 at minute 90+5! :yay:

Better than the crazy ending, though, is that I actually do think our team played a much more cohesive game now than they did against Albania, or at the World Cup. I'm starting to get hopeful again :)

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man what a nervous tense match, playing for a 0-0 draw it seemed (which would have been a great result) but it was working, till a silly mistake by Stephen Quinn and closing down Klose and we went down 1-0, but fair play to the lads not backing down and pushing forward and once we did Germany started to look nervous themselves. Wes Holohan should have been starting, the 10mins he was on the pitch he got involved so much could have scored within a few mins of coming on and helped create the equaliser scored by John O'Shea on his 100th cap, fair play.

All credit to David Forde in goal too, some great saves from him as always, how he's not yet been picked up by a premiership team is beyond me.

Also well done to Northern Ireland, 3 wins from 3, Scotland got a good draw in Poland, haven;t seen the game but they were 2-1 up for a time so the Scots will prolly feel they should have won.... Nov 14th Scotland vs Ireland should be a hell of a match even more so now.

Wales are doing well too in their group, top of their group, be awesome if all the Celtic nations could qualify for Euro 2016 :yay:

Oh yeah, I noticed a lot of underdog teams are getting wins. Poland, Slovakia, Northern Ireland, Albania, etc. I wonder if, with the increase in tournament spots, smaller teams are feeling more motivated than before.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..well done to Northern Ireland, 3 wins from 3..!

Absolutely AWESOME :yay: Could we actually do it..?

What a finish to the Irish game. We weren't great but we fought well. You have to remember these are the World Cup Champions and destroyed Brazil only a few short months ago. That and it took a terrific strike from Kroos in off the post to break the deadlock. Delighted for O'Shea, couldn't write the script any better. 100th cap, wearing the captains armbard, last second.....legend. He'll remember that forever more and has said so. Nice comments from everyone afterwards from Rooney to Lineker.

Fair play to Scotland. By all accounts ye should have won. Still a draw over there is great. I'd take that now. Interesting group developing.

Northern Ireland I hardly recognise you. Good stuff. Keep it going. Wouldn't it be nice if we all make the finals?

Cannot believe that Poland beat Germany and then Ireland snuck a draw with the last kick of the ball. This is definitely the toughest group in the qualifying. I thought we did well to put in a great perforamance and then lose 2-1 over there.

Got my tickets for Scotland - Ireland next month. Celtic Park will be absolutely buzzing, can't wait. Huge, huge game.

Simply put, so far this season we've been utter toss. Today was a disgrace.

Be glad you arent a Liverpool supporter :(

Sanchez's goal was rather nice though. I'm jealous.

And a clear foul on Hull's first goal. Bruce had nothing to say about it on MOTD, surprise surprise. He would have lost his mind over that if it happened to his side.

Yesterday was crazy. That Wenger interview afterwards was just...awkward as hell. Thought Hull were going to hold on, unlucky for them really.

Southampton and Sunderland was insane. I missed the highlights as I was visiting a friend, so can't wait to watch that tonight.

I managed to watch City vs. Spurs. City looked immense in attack but Spurs made it soooo easy for them, particularly on the wings. Danny Rose was positionally terrible yesterday and got caught out so many times. Every time City went forward, they looked like they were going to score.

Two of the penalty decisions were awful, though. The foul on Lampard wasn't a penalty and neither was the foul on Soldado, which was outside of the box. Can't argue with the sending off and think the ref got that one spot on. I was surprise to see so many Spurs fans bemoaning that one, seemed clear as day to me.

Not seen it, listening to the QPR/Liverpool game on in the background. It sounded mental at the end. 4 goals in the last 10 minutes if even. Liverpool got lucky, 2 own goals and the winner 5 minutes into injury time.

Welp, QPR got Liverpool out of jail. To come back twice just to throw it away with virtually the last kick of the game (Despite being the better team, wasting 5 great chances to score) shows why QPR are going down.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

We were horrendous and very lucky to take the 3 points. QPR were miles better, and caused us problems all game.

Apart from Chelsea, Man City, QPR and Burnley. This is becoming one of the strangest Premierships in AGES!

We were horrendous and very lucky to take the 3 points. QPR were miles better, and caused us problems all game.

We were lucky with the OGs but I don't know about QPR being miles better, no doubt we were poor, especially the first half, but I didn't think QPR were that great either. They roughed us up a bit, put us under pressure and created some good chances but it was a closer game than people think, nobody seems to remember we had our fair share of chances too, such as Balotelli's open goal miss or Hendo being one one one if the linesman knew the offside rule. We created problems for them aswell, 3 goals worth in the end.

Would have been perfect if Mario to got the winner there at the end, he can't catch a break, but I'll take the OG. Draw woufd have been a fair result but when a game is that close they can swing either way.

I'm worried about Real though, it could be ugly.

Edited by pratty

Went to Coventry on Saturday to the Ricoh stadium to see Bristol City vs Cov.

What an awesome day out. 11,000 Cov fans in the stadium (which was pathetic) and we took close to 4,000 fans there. Completely outsinging the home crowd.

got a little scary with Cov getting a goal close to the end, but wrapped it up with a late goal ourselves getting a 3-1.

brilliant trip out.

As you can see home crowd turn out was pretty shambolic:

2jedyds.jpg

Our turnout was pretty impressive:

svmec5.jpg

To be fair, the rest of the home crowd probably went to Northampton by force of habit.