NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

I didn't pay 100% attention tonight due to Fifffaaa (awesome tonight), but it was a frustrating performance. We saw a lot of the ball and had a lot of chances, but only 1 point to show for it. I thought West Brom defended well and frustrated us and also they took both of their chances well.

Van Persie worries me. At the moment, I'd start with Falcao instead of him. Rooney being suspended is a right ball-ache.

Oh well, only Chelsea and City next. *cries into a pillow*

For 89 minutes we looked absolute tripe, only Alexis was making things happen, yet somehow we swiped the 3 points from Anderlecht in a 2 minute burst at the very end.

Real Madrid were great tonight and the scary thing is that they could have gone ahead and scored another three in the second half if they really wanted to. Ronaldo...what a player. That was a superb goal.

Who saw Lamelas goal last night? Outrageously good goal.

That was a great goal, I can imagine many school kids trying that out at break times. :D

I fear for today's game. We're essentially doing the rebuilding job that we should have been doing last season and things are still messy. We're playing good attacking football, but there's such a huge gulf in quality between the attack and defence. I'm confident that we can score, but can also see us conceding. This Chelsea team are ruthless and although I think under Van Gaal we'll improve, I have to admit that this Chelsea side are probably going to walk the league. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost this 1-3 or if we even win it 3-1.

Herrera looks fantastic but he's got a broken rib and had to play in midweek with a special...corset type thing. We really need him 100% if we're going to get anything out of this. Blind needs to carry on his good form. Rooney (the fucker) is going to be a loss too, if only for his workrate.

The worst case scenario is that we lose this 5-0. I'd take a 2-2, but I'd love us to sneak this.

Thought we were unlucky not to get all 3 points there. United fought at the death (they hadn't fought up until then) but the ref helped them I felt, I couldn't believe we didn't get a penalty when both Terry and Ivanovic were wrestled to the ground in their box. He was also happy showing yellows to us but not so migh to United players.

All in all though, another point over City will do me.

Hitler or Hussein? They're both a bunch of w@nk€rs. I hate both clubs, United more so. I'd love to wallow in their despair some more but a draw makes things more interesting for the league.

Thought we were unlucky not to get all 3 points there. United fought at the death (they hadn't fought up until then) but the ref helped them I felt, I couldn't believe we didn't get a penalty when both Terry and Ivanovic were wrestled to the ground in their box. He was also happy showing yellows to us but not so migh to United players.

All in all though, another point over City will do me.

We were terrible in the second half, but I definitely think we were the better team in the first half. Not sure what happened in the second, but we seemed to stop creating chances and didn't play with the same intensity.

The standard of refereeing in the Premier League this season has been shocking anyway. @Esequiel was saying that the ref was bad in the Liverpool game yesterday and he was also terrible in the West Brom/Palace game (probably the worst occurrence this weekend!). The ref should have blown for a foul before the free kick was actually taken because Terry was all over our man before the free kick was taken, then both Terry and Ivanovic were brought to the ground when the ball came in, so either one should have been a penalty. Think Ivanovic's sending off was harsh, not sure he deserved a second yellow for that.

Overall, I thought we played well to deserve a point. A 1-0 defeat or a 1-0 victory with a goal from a set piece would have probably been fair, too. It's rather fitting that both goals came from the manner in which they did because I thought both defences held out for most of the game and there were very few chances. The only two clear cut chances were the Van Persie chance in the first half and the Hazard chance in the second, aside from that it was all foreplay. 1-1 seems fair, which is a great result for us considering who we have got out at the moment. (or suspended...cheers for that, Wayne)

Fellaini was fantastic for us today and I think we've found his role in this team if he is to play regularly. A box-to-box role suits him well. I would have been delighted had he scored at the end but Courtois did well to keep him out. I am concerned about the centre of our defence and I'm growing tired at Jones, Evans and Smalling taking it in turns to be injured. Jones in particular is far too injury prone for my liking...our biggest problem at the moment is in central defence and we are having to rotate too much due to these injuries. Not sure if Van Gaal is going to be very patient there.

The standard of refereeing in the Premier League this season has been shocking anyway.

It was the same last season, unfortunately :indeed:

I just saw the highlights of Man United v Chelsea and, although I'm sure they don't tell the whole story, Chelsea looked a little bit hard done by, especially Ivanovic. Neither incident deserved a yellow card, particularly the first as it wasn't even a foul :blank: De Gea was pretty impressive once again, though.

As for Liverpool, it's a little difficult to stomach how things are going at the moment, particularly due to the fact that it isn't at all surprising :hmm: I was always pessimistic about the signing of Rickie Lambert and definitely wasn't sold on Balotelli when the rumours arose about us signing him. It's not working out for either player and, in all honesty, we should probably have played them both together from the start at home against Hull 'Tigers' to give them both the best chance to get firing. Balotelli as a lone striker clearly isn't working :sad:

We're all desperate for Daniel Sturridge to return but I think it would be foolish for anyone to think that his comeback is suddenly going to solve our attacking problems.

It was the same last season, unfortunately :indeed:

I just saw the highlights of Man United v Chelsea and, although I'm sure they don't tell the whole story, Chelsea looked a little bit hard done by, especially Ivanovic. Neither incident deserved a yellow card, particularly the first as it wasn't even a foul :blank: De Gea was pretty impressive once again, though.

As for Liverpool, it's a little difficult to stomach how things are going at the moment, particularly due to the fact that it isn't at all surprising :hmm: I was always pessimistic about the signing of Rickie Lambert and definitely wasn't sold on Balotelli when the rumours arose about us signing him. It's not working out for either player and, in all honesty, we should probably have played them both together from the start at home against Hull 'Tigers' to give them both the best chance to get firing. Balotelli as a lone striker clearly isn't working :sad:

We're all desperate for Daniel Sturridge to return but I think it would be foolish for anyone to think that his comeback is suddenly going to solve our attacking problems.

Chelsea were hard done by and the referee was card happy and made numerous bad decisions. However, I'm adamant that it doesn't really benefit any team in the long run because these decisions are so regular now...it's literally every weekend where there's various decisions that get talked about, it's a bit embarrassing. Every team is affected and at some point every team gets a decision that goes against them. It's clear that the referees need more help, so more needs to be done to fix this problem. As a spectacle, I don't enjoy watching matches as much when there are bad calls being given, everybody wants to enjoy the games where the right calls are given at the right time. Rugby is absolutely miles ahead of football in terms of officiating.

Where are the Tottenham fans? The Toon finally got a win and I feel the need to gloat.

Where are the Tottenham fans? The Toon finally got a win and I feel the need to gloat.

My facebook has gone quiet on this front, too. :p

Did anyone else hear about Senzo Meyiwa's death? How horrible.

Who saw Lamelas goal last night? Outrageously good goal.

Keeper doesn't even attempt to save it. 5/10

Buzzing to get through to the Quarter Finals of the League Cup. We have had another decent cup run.

In Clough we trust. We don't even need Ched Evans either.

It's no secret that Liverpool have been wretched this season but today was the worst I've seen. We had NOTHING and lost out on so many 50/50 challenges. It was as embarrassing as it was concerning :hmm:

I thought we gave it a good go in that second half and left with some sort of dignity. We looked miles better than we did at the Etihad last season and that's even with 10 players.

Chris Smalling is a fucking idiot for that sending off. I knew it was coming after seeing him get a yellow for whatever the hell it was he was trying to do. He's in big trouble now because he's spending too much time out injured and he's not exactly putting in the performances when he does play. I fear for him, Jonny Evans and Phil Jones because I think all three could realistically be gone by next summer. They're too injury prone and when they do play, they're reckless and make mistakes. I don't think Kompany put a foot wrong all afternoon, that's what you need in a centre-back.

Luke Shaw was my man of the match. He looked very comfortable on and off the ball, tried to go forward, looked solid at the back, communicated well with his team and always wanted the ball. Probably the only guaranteed spot in our back four, in my opinion. Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Evans and Rafael are all fighting for their places, especially because the likes of Mcnair are challenging them for places.

Realistically, we were always going to struggle in this fixture, but getting ourselves down to 10 men just made it too difficult. We did well to keep the score down and I thought we threatened in the second half. Unfortunately, we are two centre-backs short and we need a new right back (maybe even two, one for cover).

Isn't man u's squad the most expensive squad ecer assembled in the prem? Or something mental like that?

Anyways, Spurs were cack, but won. I'll take that, but poch really needs to start realising kaboul rose and ade are awful

Isn't man u's squad the most expensive squad ecer assembled in the prem? Or something mental like that?

Anyways, Spurs were cack, but won. I'll take that, but poch really needs to start realising kaboul rose and ade are awful

Probably, but we're still shite. :D

We're getting better and we definitely play much better football than last season. The quality of the passing has improved, both short and long. We're short in the centre-back positions, but once that's fixed we are good to go.

Disgusting win for Spurs, completely undeserved. They didn't even deserve a point, let alone to win. Feel a bit sorry for Villa.

It's no secret that Liverpool have been wretched this season but today was the worst I've seen. We had NOTHING and lost out on so many 50/50 challenges. It was as embarrassing as it was concerning :hmm:

Depressing isn't it. We''l likely lose to Real (maybe heavily) and Chelsea, and I think the press will be talking about the sack for Rodgers. The fans are very patient but will the owners be? I like Rodgers but he has wasted a lot of money on signings that aren't making the difference.

I'm getting a bit tired of the geniuses pointing out that we miss Suarez and shouldn't have sold him. Er, does nobody remember that he was suspended for this virtually this entire bad run? And not only did people say we should have sold him ages agobut some said we should have outright sacked him, can't win what we do can we. We're idiots/scum to keep him and now we're idiots to sell him. :confused::indeed:

Suarez forced our hand at the world cup, we couldn't go all this time without him, the problem is we bought Balotelli and other gambles (eg Markovic) instead of another Suarez level player, and Sturridge got injured. And the lack of belief now that our star strikers are out of the side has trickled down the entire team. The fact that we were in for Sanchez showed our intent to replace Suarez is a similar player, but he turned us down, the irony of it all is Balotelli had been linked with Arsenal all summer.

Disgusting win for Spurs, completely undeserved. They didn't even deserve a point, let alone to win. Feel a bit sorry for Villa.

Don't know about that, they had 1 shot in target the whole game and scored from it. We were bad, but villa are dreadful. We wasted chances after chance. But super Harry Kane with his 9th goal of the season!

..the lack of belief now that our star strikers are out of the side has trickled down the entire team.

What is really bothering me is that the things we did well last season, regardless of Suarez and Sturridge, such as the constant pressing is completely absent :hmm:

I was crying out for Borini to come on yesterday because at least I know he'll hunt the ball down and make runs for the team. Whatever you may feel about his ability, you can't really fault his desire to fight for his place and play for Liverpool. I'd have him in the starting line up at the moment, that's for sure..

As for Rodgers, it is admirable what he did last season and I hope he can get us going again as some of the stuff we played last season was exhilarating. However, his transfer record has been shocking. The window in January where he brought in Sturridge and Coutinho was a masterstroke but basically everything else has been highly questionable, something which is highlighted by this image I saw online earlier..

fdd35820-628b-11e4-8d7b-679ac710aff8_rog-buys.jpg

It may be a little harsh on some of the players, but it's hard to argue with the general consensus :sad:

Would love to see that for other teams in Prem!

United were unlucky in the end, if not for Smalling screwing up AGAIN, they wouldn't have lost I don't think. But your defence is a shambles which makes De Gea all the more impressive.

Spurs were lucky. Mason should have also been sent off and Kane had a wicked deflection, although he does have a knack for scoring.

I think it's brilliant to see Saints prosper despite losing their 'best' players. Pretty much every player that was bought has under performed so far this season. Sure, Southampton haven't had many big games yet but they've done very well.

Man U spent a lot this year - di maria started well but against city he wasn't great. Van Persie wasn't fed all game, and actually I thought Shaw had a pretty bad game -- but compared to the other defenders he did ok. It must be worrying for Man City to have not been able to fully control the game. Sure, they could've had a could of pens buut they went an hour with a man advantage and failed to capitalise.

Chelsea on the other hand looked ever-strong, and arsenal showed that their investments are slowly melding together. I think chelsea get the title but the champs league places are very competitive this year. Spurs, city, arsenal, united, with outsiders (now) liverpool and saints. I'd hazard a guess the final finish is chelsea, city, united, arsenal..!