Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2014/2015

Dog-amoto

Thank god for the equaliser, no way did we deserve to lose today after bossing most of the game. The point is the least we deserved.

Gutted for Borini getting sent off. Was a correct decision, but there's got to be more consistency over this dissent rule. There's clear evidence of dissent, both verbally and through their body language, by players for virtually every decision, so why only punish players showing dissent with the ball? Swear in the ref's face and it's all good in the hood, but don't you dare slam the ball into the ground. :confused:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to our result yesterday: I'm gutted that we didn't get all three, but a point is very fair considering what Villa put into the game. I'm not sold at all on this 3-5-2 lark and think we actually played better football earlier on with the diamond. Granted, that was when we had Di Maria, Blind and Herrera all fit. Still, good on Villa for pushing us and not giving up when they had a red card decision go against them, which was clearly the wrong call.

This Chelsea team are unreal.

I'm looking at that midfield with Matic and Fabregas holding it and with Hazard, Oscar and Willian in front of them, servicing Costa. With Courtois in goal. If they keep everyone fit, they're going to be such a good side for years to come.

They're probably one centre-back short (someone to replace Terry when he decides to retire) and another striker for when Drogba goes. Aside from that, it's a scary team. Glad we managed to get a point from them earlier in the season.

We have Zouma/ Ivanovic to cover for Terry. Zouma is an absolute beast, legs are like tree trunks. We do need another striker I agree.

As for yesterday's game, we didn't shy away from their roughness, I was glad we got the second goal though as they always looked like sneaking one in unless we made sure. The scuffed volley won't be breaking into anyone's top 10 goals for anything but still did the job!

Top for Christmas which is a massive psychological boost.

Did Liverpool a world of good last year.

Although it's just bottle jobs like us and the scousers who've buggered the top at Christmas tradition in recent years.

Defense and shooting were horrendous, rest were much improved and we're definitely improving overall.

Battered them for 90 mins and there was a massive gulf in quality on the pitch. I love Lallana, he's very much my type of player. :p

Really? I'd concede there was a huge gulf in performance. But not quality. On paper I'd say our team was better. However they just didn't turn up, especially our midfield. Oxlade-Chamberlain might as well have not bothered (albeit playing injured wasn't a smart move), Cazorla's only contribution was the Giroud assist and Alexis had an off day. Flamini for once did alright and Welbeck isn't a left winging so that obviously didn't really work at all.

Edited by Ramar

We have Zouma/ Ivanovic to cover for Terry. Zouma is an absolute beast, legs are like tree trunks. We do need another striker I agree.

As for yesterday's game, we didn't shy away from their roughness, I was glad we got the second goal though as they always looked like sneaking one in unless we made sure. The scuffed volley won't be breaking into anyone's top 10 goals for anything but still did the job!

I saw somebody post on the BBC Sport news feed that it must be doing Fabregas a world of good going against a team like Stoke and having players like Matic, Terry, Ivanovic and Costa around him who like to play rough. Had to agree, Chelsea aren't shy.

If Matic and/or Costa spend a large period of time on the sidelines, then that'll spell trouble. Particularly Matic who is just an absolute rock there. I'm hoping Blind will grow into the same kind of player and he's already got a big fanbase.

It's ok we've got Coquelin fresh from his loan spell at Charlton to sure up our midfield.....

You can have Tom Cleverley if you like. He's off on a free in the summer!

(unless Villa get him in January)

A bit gutted, I was expecting big things from him. The more I see him play, the more limited he seems.

Why on Earth are Man Utd lining up Gareth Bale at a cost of £120m when they already have a bazillion other left footed attackers? Surely they should be spending that money on a couple of centre backs?

I'm pretty sure it's all paper bullshit. We wouldn't be crazy enough to bid that much for a player (we went beyond our limits with Di Maria and that was only because he was having contract issues at Madrid). Real won't sell anyway, so if there is any truth to it, it's all posturing to show we can compete...if there's any truth.

The rumour about a player such as Strootman is much more likely. There's rumours about Vlaar, too. Both of these are much more likely (Both Dutch, both know and have worked under Van Gaal, both would add to the team, both are at clubs that potentially will sell them for the right price).

Thought we played well again today. Hats off to Van Gaal for working on Ashley Young and finding a place for him in the team. He's doing really, really well at left wing back and looked great again in today's match.

The front four of Van Persie, Falcao, Rooney and Mata looked excellent. We look far more dangerous than we ever did last season. I don't know where Herrera or Di Maria are going to play in this team without dropping one of those four or without changing the system entirely. Di Maria for Mata makes sense, but Herrera? And Blind, too. We'll probably have to change to 4-3-3/go for the diamond when they're back.

We got a lucky point against Stoke away, which isn't too bad a result as they are good side and very well organised. They should have won it and should have had a penalty.

Our centre-backs are garbage and are holding the team back. We have to go 3-5-2 because Van Gaal doesn't trust two out of Smalling, Jones and Evans, which means that we lose a midfielder. In truth, I don't think any of these three are good enough to play the football that Van Gaal wants. They're all quite poor on the ball and shit themselves in possession. Defensively, I'd question if any of them are United quality. All we need is one good centre back signing in January and I'll be happy.

We've also got another two injuries in Shaw and Young, which is just wonderful. :indeed: This isn't normal and it isn't just bad luck. Something is seriously wrong with the medical/conditioning side of things at the club and it has been for quite some time.

We got a lucky point against Stoke away, which isn't too bad a result as they are good side and very well organised. They should have won it and should have had a penalty.

Our centre-backs are garbage and are holding the team back. We have to go 3-5-2 because Van Gaal doesn't trust two out of Smalling, Jones and Evans, which means that we lose a midfielder. In truth, I don't think any of these three are good enough to play the football that Van Gaal wants. They're all quite poor on the ball and shit themselves in possession. Defensively, I'd question if any of them are United quality. All we need is one good centre back signing in January and I'll be happy.

We've also got another two injuries in Shaw and Young, which is just wonderful. :indeed: This isn't normal and it isn't just bad luck. Something is seriously wrong with the medical/conditioning side of things at the club and it has been for quite some time.

I agree Stoke definitely deserved the win. A draw against Stoke especially at the Britannia is no mean feat. And also with the injuries, they're turning into Arsenal now in terms of the walking wounded.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!