NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

I too tried some of the time trials. Nuts to those haha

If there's stuff for achieving them, I may just cry.

There is. You get a Toad stamp.

depositphotos_50842261-Toad-Stamp.jpg;)

Just finished episode 1, great stuff. Loved the last level. Wingo is really nicely animated.

What?? Spin Attack found. Thank you Puppet Cat Mario. Did you know this, @Hero\-of\-Time?

What?? Spin Attack found. Thank you Puppet Cat Mario. Did you know this, @Hero\-of\-Time?

Not until yesterday when I seen the video. :D

Would have come in handy in a couple of stages as well. :(

Thank you Puppet Cat Mario.

There's a string of words I never thought I'd see together. :p

Put in a few good hours today, quite enjoying the level designs. Reached the latter half of episode 2, by that i mean level 16. I'll probably clear it either tonight or tomorrow along with the bonus levels.

Finished Episode 3 and now onto 100%ing that episode and testing out the bonus levels.

Still loving it :D

Finished up Episode 3 and did some bonus levels, very enjoyable. It's one i'll go back to to kill a few minutes, well worthy addition to any WiiU collection. But for now i am done.

Finished up Episode 3 and did some bonus levels, very enjoyable. It's one i'll go back to to kill a few minutes, well worthy addition to any WiiU collection. But for now i am done.

No, no, no. Get that final bonus level played!

Is episode 3 the final one? :blank: That's where I'm currently at.

Not had much time to play this recently though, so I still need to go back through episode 1 and 2 to collect everything.

Quality game though. icon14.gif I love the presentation, it really does look like a Pixar movie at times! Perhaps an older Pixar movie :heh: but it's still pretty amazing from a visual standpoint.

Gotta love this too:

Was in stitches the first time I heard that blasting out of my surround system. :laughing:

Yeah this game is utterly incredible, one of my favourite games of the year with ease. I've fully completed 1 and 2 and ploughing through 3 now. Love it!

Does anyone know how much this game costs in store at Game? Just got back from Holiday and tempted to walk into town to pick it up...

Does anyone know how much this game costs in store at Game? Just got back from Holiday and tempted to walk into town to pick it up...

Last I heard, they were selling it for £45. £10 above RRP and £10 above eShop price. This was before the "official" launch though. Could have dropped.

@Goron_3 it's £28.95 at TheGameCollection.net

I was hoping to play it today/tomorrow, but at that price..

Hmm.

@Hero\-of\-Time got to 28 so far. It keeps screwing me with goombas hidden in the tunnel areas or fiery plants that attack instantly but have very narrow paths to pass.

FML :(

You finally reached it!

Yeah, it's very unforgiving. You have to run, turn the camera and stun enemies all in one movement. Doesn't help that the maps are random either. There's also no need to worry about collecting the coins as you will get enough just by playing the levels.

Here's a tip. When you get to the rest areas don't use the pickaxe to get the coins. Pick the the flowers up by hand and then grab the pickaxe so that you can rush through the next level. It essentially gives you a free pass for a few levels.

So I got this for Christmas. Loving it! It's so happy!

I just have to finish the optional challenges before I unlock those last bonus levels.

AARRRRGH!

This level is going to drive me insane!

Someone was in a REALLY bad mood when they thought of this!

I've only gotten to 17 so far...

Boos plus dead ends is pretty much death when you can't stand still!

Just completed this now. About 20 hours on my play log for those that were interested, that's with every gem/challenge complete and a few of the time trials beaten. Personally I have no problem with the price I paid. I've certainly bought more expensive games with shorter playtimes, and more importantly I really enjoyed this. It's a pure, fun, charming little game, although I can appreciate it's not for everybody.

As for the final level,

I got stuck in the mid-twenties for a while, mainly due to fire plants. Most frustrating was when I finally cleared level 29, then immediately died when instead of the rest level I was expecting ran straight into an enemy

:laughing:. Let that be a warning to anyone who hasn't finished yet! I actually got straight through to the end the second time I reached level 30. The bullet bills open up new paths which I found made it easier rather than harder. I also recommend walking rather than running where possible. It's very tempting to run with the mummies chasing you, but they can only catch you up if you stop, and it gives you more time to avoid enemies/projectiles and plan your route.

As for the final level,
I got stuck in the mid-twenties for a while, mainly due to fire plants. Most frustrating was when I finally cleared level 29, then immediately died when instead of the rest level I was expecting ran straight into an enemy
:laughing:. Let that be a warning to anyone who hasn't finished yet! I actually got straight through to the end the second time I reached level 30. The bullet bills open up new paths which I found made it easier rather than harder. I also recommend walking rather than running where possible. It's very tempting to run with the mummies chasing you, but they can only catch you up if you stop, and it gives you more time to avoid enemies/projectiles and plan your route.

Glad to see someone else has managed to beat it. Was your heart racing as you neared the end? Mine was going into overdrive. :D

Your Bullet Bill strategy is what I also done. Depending on the stage you can skip quite a bit of walking by being just waiting that extra second for a path to be created.

To be honest I was that focused on what I was doing, I didn't realise what level I was up to! When I got to the final room I wasn't really expecting it. I then had a mild panic that I didn't have enough coins for the bonus objective, but luckily there's plenty in the final room. Would have been really annoyed to have to do it again!