NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

Wait.. There is only 70 levels. Damn this game is not gonna last long at all.

DLC has been confirmed Right?

Wait.. There is only 70 levels. Damn this game is not gonna last long at all.

DLC has been confirmed Right?

No DLC confirmed yet, but I'd be surprised if not.

We need to find out what amiibo do in it, though

Themed levels would be pretty cool.

So for the Link amiibo you get a Zelda themed level where you have to find the 3 pieces of the triforce as Toad.

I'd say if the game is reasonably successful it's a pretty safe bet to say that there'll be DLC. It wouldn't take much effort. So I'm guessing those that got the game yesterday are fairly close if not already finished? Was it worth £30-35? I couldn't justify a game at that price being over so quickly. What would you rate it taking into account all factors? Be honest.

Nearly finished? I'm taking my time with it and only playing 6 levels a day, helps me savour the experience that way. Each level has been a joy to play.

I prefer that in a game like this than blasting through 20 levels at a time. Plus I'm playing Fantasy Life and Elite Dangerous so plenty to go around. From what I've played so far each level is polished to perfection. Loved the double cherry one especially.

I've unlocked the final bonus level now. Took some doing though. In true Mario style the hardest levels are the extra ones. Think I'm gonna call it a day now as this final stage of the game looks to be a killer and I'll need a fresh pair of eyes to tackle it.

I've enjoyed playing some of the levels again, just because I really love the ambience. Sneaking around the shy guys, taking them out etc.

I really can see a Captain Toad in a future game infiltrating Bowsers castle, sneaking around and rescuing Princess Peach instead of Mario!

Nearly finished? I'm taking my time with it and only playing 6 levels a day, helps me savour the experience that way. Each level has been a joy to play.

How does this help you "savour the experience"? Regardless of whether you play 6 levels a day or blast through the lot it'll take the same amount of time. Its a short game. Get over it, don't make excuses just enjoy the bloody thing.

How does this help you "savour the experience"? Regardless of whether you play 6 levels a day or blast through the lot it'll take the same amount of time. Its a short game. Get over it, don't make excuses just enjoy the bloody thing.

You can enjoy and reflect on the level/s you've just done. If you blast through it in one go you may forget certain things.

Imagine it like a nice drink or a meal. Down the drink/wolf down the meal and you'll certainly enjoy it less than taking your time. There's no need to be such a tool about it.

Yay. We are back to arguing about how people play their games.

Whether you play in short sessions or sit and blitz it, the time played is still the same. I could argue I remember the levels better by playing them over and over until I 100% them and then go to the next level but I won't judge those that just play them once and then move on.

Personally I'm surprised I haven't been crucified yet for finishing the game, which is what usually happens in these parts.

Bottom line, play the game however the hell you want.

Personally I'm surprised I haven't been crucified yet for finishing the game, which is what usually happens in these parts.

Why would you be criticised for finishing what is a short game quickly?

Why would you be criticised for finishing what is a short game quickly?

In the past people on here have kicked off on me for how fast I finish games. The claim of me rushing through the game is hilarious considering I usually aim to do everything I can in a game.

Speaking of doing everything, i've just this minute finished the final bonus stage in the game and man it's a doozy.

Its 50 randomly generated levels where you are chased by the Mummy Toad. Every 10 levels another Toad is added to the chase. While this is happening you have to navigate a maze ( randomly generated ) that is filled with enemies. The exit box is what your aiming for and luckily that is at least placed in the same area. The whole thing takes about 20 minutes to finish and if you die it's right back to the start you go!

It was soooooo tense and my heart was racing as I neared the end. Must have spent a couple of hours just on and off trying to finish the thing. At least you get something for it though.

You can enjoy and reflect on the level/s you've just done. If you blast through it in one go you may forget certain things.

Imagine it like a nice drink or a meal. Down the drink/wolf down the meal and you'll certainly enjoy it less than taking your time. There's no need to be such a tool about it.

Still don't get it. You might take your time with a meal (which is also good for your digestion, folks) but gaming isn't really comparable. You're still playing a six hour game, you're not adding to it by contemplating the last six levels between plays. You savour a meal by slowing down, you don't slow down gameplay in the same way.

Toad is a short game, so what? Why artificially stretch this gameplay? Play it, enjoy it. If it's done in a night, so what? It's value is still comparable to other modern media. If feels like we're excusing it's length, well don't - it's not necessary. Short games exist (don't fall off your seats, but they do!) and they're not a dirty thing, they're not gnawing the cocks off animals - they're just short and there's no need to disguise this fact.

I'm not one for telling you all how to play a game but, really, the idea you can "savour" a game by having 22hour breaks between plays is nonsense. I don't expect I'll enjiy the game any less because I'll play through it in a couple of days, maximum.

I don't expect I'll enjiy the game any less because I'll play through it in a couple of days, maximum.

S'probably just me again, but if I ploughed through a game in one day (unless it's super short [eg Portal, Journey etc]) I'd feel like I wasn't getting my money's worth.

I wouldn't call it a short game. Just checked my final play time and it's just under 14 hours! Most games these days are lucky to break the 10 hour mark.

image_zpsb7c53f16.jpgimage_zps7ecc1c68.jpg

Really, REALLY enjoyed the game. Another fantastic addition to the Wii U library. Roll on the games for 2015! :D

Yeah, I'm about half way through Episode 3 and have a good 6 hours logged

I do think this game is perfectly built for a level editor. Maybe that could come as DLC, but could kill any future sequel possibilities

I think £5 per hour is reasonable value, break down some entertainment and leisure activities and you'll find they work out at £5 per hour? Is that not reasonable value?

Perhaps we do feel short changed, we're treated exceptionally well as gamers - plenty of replay value across the board.

Like I say, I'm not telling anyone how to play a game, but trying to excuse the length of a game by saying you'll play a bit a night is just nonsense. A six hour game is still good value.

Pretty reassuring some of you are exceeding the 10hour mark.

Like most Nintendo games I'm picking this up digitally. I see GAME are now selling codes but the game isn't available to buy on eShop - presumably the codes won't work yet?

Yay. We are back to arguing about how people play their games.

Whether you play in short sessions or sit and blitz it, the time played is still the same. I could argue I remember the levels better by playing them over and over until I 100% them and then go to the next level but I won't judge those that just play them once and then move on.

Bottom line, play the game however the hell you want.

Well said. There are many games that I enjoy playing little by little much more so than just ploughing through them. I'm like this with the Fire Emblem and Layton games, I always play through them on a long term basis, getting through them a little at a time; while something like Mario or Zelda I will tend to plough through fairly quickly.

Some games are just best enjoyed in bite sized chunks ::shrug:

Eh? What do I need to get over exactly? I know it's a short game and I'm loving every second of it. Yes the time spent playing is the same whether you blitz through it or take it slowly, but that completely misses the point. Personally I wait a long time for these games, I want to enjoy it over time rather than a 24 hour marathon where you most likely forget most of the levels in between. That's just my opinion and how I like to enjoy games, obviously others disagree.

Time to go collect this from the local delivery office. Planning to play a level every full moon to really get the most out of it for years to come.

I plan on smashing a few levels this evening, once i've wrapped all the christmas presents of course.

Did the first 5 or so stages. It's pretty much perfect, isn't it.